Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone Repair Center Dublin

Options
  • 03-11-2014 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

Can anyone reccomend a good iphone repair shop in dublin within a 15-20 minute walk from O'Connell street.
    I need an iphone 5 battery replaced and has anyone gotten this job done before and how much

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I've used GSM Solutions on upper abbey street. Not even 2 mins walk from Jervis Luas stop.

I don't know your repair but I was happy with the work they did for me. They seem constantly busy in there so doing a good trade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I've used GSM Solutions on upper abbey street. Not even 2 mins walk from Jervis Luas stop.

I don't know your repair but I was happy with the work they did for me. They seem constantly busy in there so doing a good trade

Yea i have used them twice before and have been happy with them, but i have read complaints that there scammers so i dont know. I will probably stick with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

There's one in the Ilac, dealt with them twice, good quick service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

There's a place called Fonemenders in the GPO arcade (off Henry Street)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

There's one in the Ilac, dealt with them twice, good quick service.

whats it called ? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

nm wrote: »
    There's a place called Fonemenders in the GPO arcade (off Henry Street)

Don't go here, absolute chancers.

One in the Ilac across from Dunne's called ''Fone Fixers'' (I think)

Done a great job on my Iphone 5, I think it was €35 or €45 to get a new battery.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I'd say wherever you bring it, I'd back it up and wipe it before bringing it in.

A battery change will wipe it anyway, but until the battery is removed, all your data could be 'available'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Also make sure it's an OEM battery they are installing.

Oh quick update https://www.apple.com/ie/support/iphone5-battery/
    Apple has determined that a very small percentage of iPhone 5 devices may suddenly experience shorter battery life or need to be charged more frequently. The affected iPhone 5 devices were sold between September 2012 and January 2013 and fall within a limited serial number range.

If your iPhone 5 is experiencing these symptoms and meets the eligibility requirements noted below, Apple will replace your iPhone 5 battery, free of charge.

Eligibility
    If your iPhone is in working order and exhibits the symptoms noted above, use the serial number checker below to see if it is eligible for this program.

Finding your iPhone serial number is easy. See how.

Replacement process
    Call Apple to request mail-in service. Your iPhone will be examined prior to any service to verify that it is eligible for this program and in working order.

To prepare your iPhone 5 for the battery replacement process, please follow the steps below:
    Back up your data to iTunes or iCloud
    Turn off Find my iPhone
    Erase data and settings in Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings
    Note: If your iPhone 5 has any damage such as a cracked screen which impairs the replacement of the battery, that issue will need to be resolved prior to the battery replacement. In some cases, there may be a cost associated with the repair.

Additional Information
    Apple may restrict or limit repair to the original country of purchase. For iPhone 5 devices purchased in EEA member countries, service is available in other EEA member countries.

If you believe your iPhone 5 was affected by this issue, and you paid to replace your battery, you can contact Apple about a refund.

This worldwide Apple program doesn't extend the standard warranty coverage of the iPhone 5. The program covers affected iPhone 5 batteries for two years after the first retail sale of the unit or until March 1, 2015, whichever provides longer coverage.

You never know you might be entitled to a new battery

Advertisement