Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Close Goodbody online share dealing account

Options
  • 02-11-2014 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

I have an online share dealing account with Goodbody via my AIB online account. I don't want to buy and sell shares so I want to close down my Goodbody account. I have shares that I intend to sell in 10 years.

If I close my account, would these share certs be posted out to me, and that's the end of my involvement with any stockbrokers (and their fees) until I want to sell again?

Thanks

cortezfloyd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bizness

Yes, if shares have their primary listing on Irish or London stock exchange. If they rest of world, then may have to keep in electronic form.
    Goodbody will charge you a fee to issue the certs in paper certificate form. Once have the cert, just keep in a safe place as can cost about €100 per cert to replace. Can sell via any broker or the company registrar. See Saxo bank inactivity fee thread on this forum for more detail.

Advertisement