Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Met Office UK - Yellow Alert for Winds on Sunday, Aug 17th ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,124 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Obviously this isn't going to be that serious when no one is replying lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Obviously this isn't going to be that serious when no one is replying lol

Well its for a different country, why should we be that bothered??

adamski8 wrote: »
    Well its for a different country, why should we be that bothered??

Do you think all users are from the Republic of Ireland you moron?

There is plenty if active users in Northern Ireland.

Also the winds are going to be in Donegal as well.

If you don't have anything constructive to add to this thread then go away you twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,740 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not surprised in the least there is no mention of strong winds, weather predicting in Ireland seems to be generally pretty awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Quite breezy these evening and will be a brisk northwesterly tomorrow. Will certainly be feeling chilly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

The Met office weather warning is still in place for strong winds in Northern Ireland
    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=ni&from=rss&sn=64108C8A-46C8-D29D-519C-D9E246E33288_1_NI&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1408230000

Met Eireann also have a status yellow warning
    Northwest winds will occasionally reach gale force on Sunday on Irish coasts from Rossan Point to Malin Head to Belfast Lough and on the north Irish Sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

Pretty sure this isn't anything we haven't seen before... i.e - every second day nov-march

Ferries cancelled, trees blown over, torrential rain, gale force winds - I think this thread was needed. Although I didn't go into details Met Office UK where completely right about this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,124 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ferries cancelled, trees blown over, torrential rain, gale force winds - I think this thread was needed. Although I didn't go into details Met Office UK where completely right about this one.

I flew home from Manchester no bother at 12
    sounds like I was lucky !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

A man from Northern Ireland dies after falling from a cliff into the sea at Fanad Head, County Donegal. Happened at 3pm today. Unsure at this moment if high winds played a part.

Conditions yesterday at Fanad Lighthouse played a part in hindering rescue operations.
    "Conditions were very rough at the time," said Joe Joyce, of the RNLI Swilly team.

"There was a force eight gale and seas were very high.

Advertisement