Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby Tour Rules

Options
  • 28-05-2014 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

So headin on tour this weekend

im in charge of the rules:

so far i have the thumbmaster and i have a punishment dice (Lions rip off) including a call to the manager.

Any good rules apart from the obvious and punishments for the dice (i have around 2 to fill)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

What goes on tour stays on tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Left hand drinking is a must obviously and employ snitches from the start for the court sessions.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Make sure court is a regular occurrence. Just to keep ye all together more than anything else. Missing court is a super punishment. And plan one activity create some competition amongst yerselves

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Left hand drinking is a must obviously and employ snitches from the start for the court sessions.

Buffalo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Make sure everyone has a song to sing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭thirteen.

.ak wrote: »

The only one that matters :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

These are a few I have played on tours, lads trips etc. And we all had lots of fun.

Geckoman.
    One person starts as the Geckoman. At any time this person can put 3 points of his body(eg. elbows and a foot) on any vertical structure. Last person in the group to get 3 parts of their body on a vertical structure has to drink/gets punished and then they are Geckoman. Continue.

Farm/jungle animals.
    Each person is given a little plastic toy animal. One person starts as Beastmaster. At any time the Beastmaster can pull out his animal and start making its noise. Last person in the group to do the same has t drink/gets punished and is then the Beastmaster. The fun part of this is stealing or hiding other players animal.

Finger length from edge of table.
    If you put your drink down on a table/bench etc if it is within a finger length of the edge of the table/bench etc. the entire drink must be consumed.

Tell her/tell him/tell them.
    If Player A makes a comment about a member of the public nearby like "wow she has a nice rack" and Player B says "tell her" then Player A must go and tell her. However if Player A has said "tell her" straight after the comment, he is safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

Hands in the ruck: girl in vicinity, all male hands must be visible

Perpetrators pinged.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭paulisagayboy

good stuff lads keep them rollin in.

Tell Her is lethal- did it last year but people are too guarded so can work against. very funny though.

fingers length is good, and you could have it that if someone accused and was wrong,they have to finish their drink instead.

and have a court session once a day. what kind of things can you bring up for punishmant apart from first to bed etc>

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

and have a court session once a day. what kind of things can you bring up for punishmant apart from first to bed etc>

Everything from drinking a drink to slowly ie sipping a shot to being a single guy not getting a girl. Swapping rooms or going against organisers wishes. Pretty much anything you want to shame someone with

• Advertisement

yeah get what your saying though, worst gear etc... nothing worse than a court with no punishmnets to dish out so keep the ideas coming in!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Man Down, one person (designated) shouts it at any stage and everyone hits the deck, last person down drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Worst punishment is making someone sing. Nothing more embarassing than a grown man who can't sing having to sing infront of other grown men.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

yeah get what your saying though, worst gear etc... nothing worse than a court with no punishmnets to dish out so keep the ideas coming in!

I was best man on a stag party once, and hence the judge for the courts.
    The groom's younger brother was caught for something or other, and I sentenced him to wear his clothes inside out for 30 minutes.
    Off he went to the jacks to change. Fair enough. I made a point of us moving to another pub shortly after. Halfway up Shop St in Galway, I announced that the 30 minutes was up and he had to change back.
    "I'll do it in the next pub" etc ensued, naturally. "Nope, has to be now", I said. So we made a circle around him, and he started to change. Until he took the trousers off, natch, when we all scattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

I wish. Tour I was on a few years ago I got most of my head shaved and pics shown all round at home...
    skippymac6 wrote: »
    If ye're mates are devious enough etc ye shouldn't need to employ snitches and people will snitch to judge from the start..

• Registered Users Posts: 34 observed

If it is a regular tour we use slaves for the trip.
    Any newbies have to be a slave to a master (Someone who has toured with the club previously). They have to do whatever the master tells them, drink what they are told to drink, buy their masters drinks when he is dry, wear whatever they are told to wear, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

going a tad far there i think..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭Buer

19543261 wrote: »

I'd absolutely veto that one if I was on a tour. Buy them their drinks and drink whatever they tell, whenever they tell me? Would be funny to an extent but we've all known obnoxious dicks that would insist on following that through for the full weekend and abusing it.

19543261 wrote: »

I know at least two tours where the the tour virgins were students or unemployed, to put them in such a position would take any fun out of tour for them.
    Also each room to have a back and a forward split the clicks

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Midnight64

You could get the newbs to compete in a game of soggy biscuit!!

• Advertisement

I wish. Tour I was on a few years ago I got most of my head shaved and pics shown all round at home...

Lambay rules etc. never happen. Someone always talks, generally multiple people talk.

In most cases, thanks to smart phones, people at home know what has happened before the tour even ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Worst punishment is making someone sing. Nothing more embarassing than a grown man who can't sing having to sing infront of other grown men.

You could always do a Corbisiero on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Midnight64 wrote: »

Spot the Clongowes boy.

Teferi wrote: »
    Spot the Clongowes boy.

:D Much further away than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Ban all phones and photographs.

Good old school stag parties etc, are ruined by feckin camera phones.

Midnight64 wrote: »

oh yeah, ill bring the digestives! BTW is it everyone on their own biscuit or all on the one??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

prospect wrote: »
    Ban all phones and photographs.

Good old school stag parties etc, are ruined by feckin camera phones.

Good one. Set certain times for phonecalls, hour spots morning, midday, evening, after that phones away. Punishable by the court etc etc.

Also it took 19 posts for someone to cross the line! Not sure if that is good or bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 HolyMackeral

Instead of Thumbmaster change it to Forehead master - exact same rules but after 4 or 5 beers lads are lamping themselves off the table trying not to be last to place their forehead on the table!

oh yeah, ill bring the digestives! BTW is it everyone on their own biscuit or all on the one??

Ah! You would be referring to "Extreme Soggy Biscuit"!!

• Advertisement

So I'm never going on tour with anyone on this thread, anyway.

Advertisement