Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOM-DoC 14; What're all these Wiis doing here? June 14th-Project M/Tekken-Mario Kart

Options
  • 07-05-2014 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Day Of Champions 14
    14th of June
    Project M and Tekken as main tournaments, with Mario Kart 8 as the Nom-Con special.
    PS3 for Tekken, Wiis for both other games..
    Doors open normal hours for XGC, Starting roughly 1 pm ending roughly 7 pm
    Map to venue: http://goo.gl/maps/jS36C
    5 euro entry fee, 5 into 1 tournament. While Mario Kart WILL have a tournament fee, it will not have a prize pot. It will, however, have a special mystery prize.
    The entry fee exists to cover costs towards the XGC.
    Running order will be Tekken and Project M simultaneously, with Mario Kart run after Project M concludes. We will attempt to have top 4 for all games recorded, but all other recordings are not guaranteed. Recordings for Wii may prove problematic, but we will do our best to come up with a favourable recording solution.

Tournaments will be seeded by “Best Fit”; a TO will call on one or more players to give their honest opinion on a ranking list to provide the best balanced brackets possible.

Since this is being done in conjunction with Nom Con, prizes for the “Special” tournament itself, and the series of “Special” tournaments run with them, will be dictated by Nom Con. These prizes may include, and are not limited to; mystery games, passes into the convention itself, and other items.

Because of the lower number of tournaments taking place, we are actively encouraging players to come for casuals this time around. They will be charged venue fee, which is the same fee as casuals.
    Please note; if I or any other TO calls you out and says “Play your match now”, and you do not immediately go to play your match, you will be DC'd. I know this seems harsh, but we've been running closer and closer to the wire in recent tournies.

Over the following months, we will be running a tournament on the first weekend of every month up to August. If you have a game that you believe could use a tournament, please feel free to PM me with recommendations. We will do our best to not have any repeat games crop up for the duration.

Tournament Rules and Format.

Format is as follows; All tournaments are double elimination, save Mario Kart. Each match will consist its own tournament standard rule set being applied. Please address queries to a more knowledgeable player for the exact nature of these rules.
    Players who placed in top 8 in the prior 3 DoCs, or larger con tournaments, will be seeded accordingly. All others will be randomly/"best-fit" seeded.
    In the case of pools, there will be an attempt at splitting up seeds evenly, and filling in the remainder of the pool evenly as well.

1. All characters are useable, but if you require DLC characters, please make that known prior to your match.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set. In UMvC3, orders of characters may be changed, but assist types may not.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute. This includes pausing during cinematic supers/hypers, except in the case of a character death being guaranteed by the super/hyper.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed. (Though it will be pretty damn hype.)

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

10. Participation in the event is taken as giving permission that you accept that you may be recorded as part of the tournaments. Should you wish to participate and not be recorded, you will need to make this known to a tournament admin at sign up.

11. No white track suits please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Count me in for Tekken (It's Neil btw).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

It's worth pointing out that Project M doesn't have any scumbags like me and Gory who have invested hundreds of hours of play; so nobody is guaranteed to the win this one; it's anyone's game. Therefore everyone should enter.

Also every character in Melee and Brawl is playable, except I think Pichu.

So if you never entered past Smash games because it was lacking Ike or Mewto, you're all sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Sure I'll be there for Tekken.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

I'm there, with a console in tow.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

I'm all about that Mario kart life. I'll try my best to be there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I'm there : )

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    I'm there, with a console in tow.
    Fergus_ wrote: »
    I'm there : )

Oh that'll be a nice treat for Fergus, playing someone who got top 4 at an international major!

: (

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Project M, a main event at a tournament? ... Is this some sort of trick?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 KhanYe East

PLEASE keep the Project M hype train alive into next year. I would love to come to this tourney, unfortunately, I'm headed to the US for the summer. I'll be back in Dublin in September though and I really would love to get a Smash community going here, even if it means I have to TO.

• Advertisement

Project M, a main event at a tournament? ... Is this some sort of trick?

All credit to Voa here, it was his idea.

I just confirmed we'd bring the kit if he ran the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

More than happy to supply my gear too if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 KhanYe East

if we run more project m tourneys, i'll be here next september for the year, and i have a setup that i'd definitely be willing to bring around dublin. let's keep the hype train chugging along.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

I'll be there too.

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

I've been stuck in the vortex known as real life for the past while but I might make a return for this, I shall see how funds are for the weekend. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Tomorrow, you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Oh that'll be a nice treat for Fergus, playing someone who got top 4 at an international major!

Not a fan of TTT2..
    But I'll happily watch if Kuro is defending his title as iron fister

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Coming to body everyone at Mario Kart 8.

iRqNcduhhoG04.gif

Staying to watch FergusChanSempai get bopped.

Voa, will TTT2 be 3/5 the whole way?

• Advertisement

Lythero wrote: »
    Staying to watch FergusChanSempai get bopped.

Come on Lee.

His Kirby isn't THAT bad.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Yo, Fergy chan has got this. If he doesn't win, I'm releasing a FergyChanBopped app. For real. I'm not even joking...

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Yo, Fergy chan has got this. If he doesn't win, I'm releasing a FergyChanBopped app. For real. I'm not even joking...

How would an app like that even work?

........pls no

If you don't attend, then I'll make a FergusDodge app. Counts how many times you dodge.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Lythero wrote: »
    How would an app like that even work?

Oh, it's already a thing. You guess whether Fergy gets bopped, and then you tell it if you were right or wrong. The app also guesses and it records your percentage. It's srs craic.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    It's srs craic.

More like serious science.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Let's go kuro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Voa, will TTT2 be 3/5 the whole way?

Turn up on time, and it will be.
    None of this late start shenaniganing.

• Advertisement