Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golfbuyitonline

Options
  • 08-04-2014 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Just a heads up on my experience.

I had bought once from www.Golfbuyitonline.com once last year and had no problem.

Ordered some gear from them there a few weeks ago. There was a delay as some of it was not in stock, although their website claimed it was. However, when it finally arrived, half of the items I ordered were missing. The order is marked as complete on their website.

They don't answer their phone numbers posted on line, which it appears have now been removed from their website in the last day or so. No responses to emails either.

It seems other people have had similar experiences:
    http://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.golfbuyitonline.com

I paid with Paypal, so I should be covered, but just thought I'd post a warning in case anyone else is going to get caught out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

I really have had the worst luck over the last year with online golf purchases. I placed an order for a putter with golf247.co.uk back in August. After two weeks hearing nothing, I called them only to get a recorded message "This company has been liquidated...". Thankfully, I purchased with Paypal and they had the money refunded within 10 days.

So when I got the refund, I decided to purchase the same putter from golfbuyitonline.com (some people had good experiences with them on here). The said putter was listed as "in stock". Cue over 2 months later, a string of 29 emails, most of which are them saying "Your putter is due in stock next week", I asked for a refund.

Think I'll stick to bricks and mortar for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    I really have had the worst luck over the last year with online golf purchases. I placed an order for a putter with golf247.co.uk back in August. After two weeks hearing nothing, I called them only to get a recorded message "This company has been liquidated...". Thankfully, I purchased with Paypal and they had the money refunded within 10 days.

So when I got the refund, I decided to purchase the same putter from golfbuyitonline.com (some people had good experiences with them on here). The said putter was listed as "in stock". Cue over 2 months later, a string of 29 emails, most of which are them saying "Your putter is due in stock next week", I asked for a refund.

Think I'll stick to bricks and mortar for a while.

There is nothing wrong with buying online. Just use reputable companies. It's hard to find anyone cheaper than mcguirks who are also a well known company!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭newport2

etxp wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with buying online. Just use reputable companies. It's hard to find anyone cheaper than mcguirks who are also a well known company!

Absolutely.

I think quite a few companies on-line do not keep a lot of stuff in stock, and bank on sourcing it when you order. Which is all fine unless they can't get it. You only find out how good a company is when things go wrong and how they treat you then. (I've had a couple of experiences like the above, but always having previously ordered from the same company with no problem in the past.)

I'm vowing now not to order without phoning or emailing first. If they don't answer or get back to me, then I shouldn't order.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    .. I placed an order for a putter with golf247.co.uk back in August. After two weeks hearing nothing, I called them only to get a recorded message "This company has been liquidated...". Thankfully, I purchased with Paypal and they had the money refunded within 10 days.

I've bought a lot off 247 and was disappointed to see them go off the scene, they're now back in business, same website details etc...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

etxp wrote: »

Yeah that's true. I have bought a few items from onlinegolf.co.uk and have never had a problem.
    slave1 wrote: »
    I've bought a lot off 247 and was disappointed to see them go off the scene, they're now back in business, same website details etc...

I would rather do without than give them a cent. They knew their company was about to go under and still were happy to take my money. Now they have probably set up a new company and no doubt left creditors fighting over the dregs of the liquidated company.

• Advertisement

I've order a few clubs of golfbidder.ie/golfbidder.co.uk and still cheap before always found them reliable, granted in the case of clubs there stock is mainly second hand

A whole lot of new complaints about golfbuyitonline.com have gone into trustpilot in the last few days. They've removed their contact details, their Facebook page and stopped taking orders online (says they're closed for maintenance when you click on anything for the last 3 days ). So looks like they may be gone under.

Funnily enough- I got an advertising email from golf247 just now. It's wrong that they liquidate one company no doubt leaving some creditors up sh*t creek, set up a new company a few months later and send spam emails to all their previous contacts. My advice for what it's worth... stay well clear of www.golf247.co.uk and www.Golfbuyitonline.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I used GolfBuyItOnline a while back for the purchase of a range finder. It came, eventually. It took about 5 weeks. In fairness, they were ok with answering emails. I got the line "This item is stored at one of our remote storage facilities and it will be 3-5 days until we dispatch your order". Must have been Timbuktu or outer Mongolia or somewhere, but I eventually got it, 20 emails or so later mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

I've bought allot of gear on this site, including a 913d2 driver and have found them excellent in the past. Disappointing to see them go under if that's the case...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Ive used golfbuyitonline for years, always great but the past month its been a disaster! Ive been waiting on items myself now a month! Website seems to be all over the place with sales etc, camt get through on phone either

Tones69 wrote: »
    Ive used golfbuyitonline for years, always great but the past month its been a disaster! Ive been waiting on items myself now a month! Website seems to be all over the place with sales etc, camt get through on phone either

They've gone bust according to a recent review by Daniel in the trustpilot link in my OP

"Found out that they have gone into administration and two companies have visited the site with a view to purchase (this info is from one of the companies that visited)"

If you paid with PayPal or Visa then put in a claim for your money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

newport2 wrote: »
    They've gone bust according to a recent review by Daniel in the trustpilot link in my OP

"Found out that they have gone into administration and two companies have visited the site with a view to purchase (this info is from one of the companies that visited)"

If you paid with PayPal or Visa then put in a claim for your money back.

Really? You sure? Checked their site yesterday and its been updated, when they gonna let people know?! Was such a handy site

Tones69 wrote: »
    Really? You sure? Checked their site yesterday and its been updated, when they gonna let people know?! Was such a handy site

Only going on Daniel's review on this thread. So not 100% sure, but I think it's likely to be true. Excellent reviews until a month or so ago, nothing but angry customer's left short since then.

http://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.golfbuyitonline.com

Advertisement