Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DoC 12; Omnomnom Con 5th April

Options
  • 26-03-2014 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Day Of Champions 12
    5th of April
    BB, BB teams, AE, with a Jackie Chan side tournament.
    PS3 for BB, Xbox for AE.
    Doors open normal hours for XGC, Starting roughly 1-1.30pm ending roughly 7-7.30pm
    Map to venue: http://goo.gl/maps/jS36C
    5 euro entry fee, 5 into 1 tournament. While Jackie Chan WILL have a tournament fee, it will not have a prize pot. BB teams will not have an entry cost, but will not have a prize pot either.
    The entry fee exists to cover costs towards the XGC.

Running order will be BB and AE simultaneously, with Jackie Chan run after. BB teams will take place after the main BB tournament has concluded. AE will begin with recording, and BB will follow. We will attempt to stall the top 4 to top 8 for BB to have it recorded, but it may not be due to time constraints. We will attempt to play Jackie Chan in a timely manner, to see it to completion before 7 o'clock.

Seeing as these tournaments can occur on separate machine types, we will be running small pools into top 16 for both tournaments simultaneously. This will help everyone get a decent set of games in, before we move onto top 16. If there are less then 16 players available, then the pools will just determine the seeding positions for the double elimination.

BB teams will be random seeding, with elimination type being decided on the day, based on the time remaining in the XGC. BB teams will be a 2 man team, playing pokemon style (A v A, winner stays on, first team to 2 wins moves on).

Since this is being done in conjunction with Nom Con, prizes for the “Special” tournament itself, and the series of “Special” tournaments run with them, will be dictated by Nom Con. These prizes may include, and are not limited to; mystery games, passes into the convention itself, and larger items.

Over the following months, we will be running a tournament on the first weekend of every month up to August. If you have a game that you believe could use a tournament, please feel free to PM me with recommendations. We will do our best to not have any repeat games crop up for the duration.

Tournament Rules and Format.

Format is as follows; All tournaments are double elimination. Each match will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played. Any game with with a different rule set will be played according to its tournament standard type.
    Players who placed in top 8 in the prior 3 DoCs, or larger con tournaments, will be seeded accordingly. All others will be randomly/"best-fit" seeded.
    In the case of pools, there will be an attempt at splitting up seeds evenly, and filling in the remainder of the pool evenly as well.

1. All characters are useable, but if you require DLC characters, please make that known prior to your match.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set. In UMvC3, orders of characters may be changed, but assist types may not.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute. This includes pausing during cinematic supers/hypers, except in the case of a character death being guaranteed by the super/hyper.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed. (Though it will be pretty damn hype.)

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

10. Participation in the event is taken as giving permission that you accept that you may be recorded as part of the tournaments. Should you wish to participate and not be recorded, you will need to make this known to a tournament admin at sign up.

11. No white track suits please.

As a side note; because of the smaller nature of the tournaments being run, we have no objection to casuals (including melee) being played along side these tournaments, but we ask that players be understanding that tournament matches have priority, and Voa will flip his lid if games are not played in a timely manner.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

All that BB, is the game alive down there these days then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Most popular game at offline casuals for like 2 months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

joke game :p

Nice one Voa - see you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Uphoria

Anyone reppin NI?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I will be going and I will be playing Jackie Chan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Yreval wrote: »
    I will be going and I will be playing Jackie Chan.

Bitches don't know bout my... uuuuh... weird-dragon-costume-guy... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Uphoria

Dudders may make an appearance.....

Just a reminder, this is happening THIS weekend!

Be there, or be without hype :P

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

****... I need to be at a party at 6pm...

...Gonna have to beat everyone extra fast this time. :P

ladnopoka wrote: »
    ****... I need to be at a party at 6pm...

...Gonna have to beat everyone extra fast this time. :P

Ae is being played first so you can lose at that early and then go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

GDLK! I'll be there

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

I'd like to go but I'm working at 5.. what time would you expect AE to finish up?

Doyler01 wrote: »
    I'd like to go but I'm working at 5.. what time would you expect AE to finish up?

Not being involved in anyway I can say with certainty before 5.

As long as we start at 1/1.30, it should be easily doable.

So don't be late :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

I'd have to leave at around 4 / 4.15.

Sounds good. Should be there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Will be there, obviously!

Someone let all them new BB heads know?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Desosaurusx

I'n in work this saturday, they always seem to land on the saturday I work on gosh darn it

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭koko_PoPs

can nee wait!!

I'n in work this saturday, they always seem to land on the saturday I work on gosh darn it

Call in sick and stop laming on the excuses :p

koko_PoPs wrote: »
    can nee wait!!

Oh **** just got real

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 mscupcakes

Blazblue? Never heard of it.
    Street Fighter? What's that?

It's all 'bout the Mysterious Lion JACKIE CHAN baby!!!!!

It's gonna be hype.

See you all tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar

can't wait
    Some AE would be nice

Something something spin.

Something something win.

Please bring copies of the games if possible lads! Just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Please bring copies of the games if possible lads! Just to be sure.

Tenner only 1 copy of AE..

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

have fun guys, wish i could be there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Stream's up now, AE tourney is starting soon

http://www.twitch.tv/mscupcakes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

GGs all.

Jackie Chan fighter. So close, and yet, so Sam...

• Advertisement

For those interested; Top 3s.
    SF;
    1 Ladnopoka
    2 DreddyBajs
    3 Doom

BB;
    1 Keith
    2 Joe
    3 Voa

BB Teams;