Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

I got the blank email with no code last night when I tried to reserve it in Clonmel. But just tried it now and it went through fine. Not in stock today but due in on Dec 30th. Seemed to be stock available in Waterford too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

brightkane wrote: »
    Lots of people use then for driving on the continent. Not having to reply on phones. Off line maps and data charges.

Here Maps works perfectly offline. You just download the regions map before and use your smartphones gps antenna to track.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

I dont see why anyone would want a Tom Tom or any dedicated sat nav, if you have a decent phone, as most do, then your phone is far superior. A sat nav is just another item to take out of your window everytime you park.

I'm the same with microwaves, everyone who wants an oven in their house in this day and age is an idiot. Absolute waste of space and another item taking up space.

I don't care if they want an oven for the 20 reasons that they bought it, they are idiots plain and simple and I won't hear otherwise and I will continue to deliver this message repeatedly like the poster above

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Tinie wrote: »
    Here Maps works perfectly offline. You just download the regions map before and use your smartphones gps antenna to track.

Its a great job, I used it for travelling all around Orlando and it was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I'm the same with microwaves, everyone who wants an oven in their house in this day and age is an idiot. Absolute waste of space and another item taking up space.

I don't care if they want an oven for the 20 reasons that they bought it, they are idiots plain and simple and I won't hear otherwise and I will continue to deliver this message repeatedly like the poster above

How was your microwaved turkey yesterday?

• Advertisement

phill106 wrote: »
    How was your microwaved turkey yesterday?

I didn't get one, I was driving to the shop when I dropped my phone so I was unable to use my fantastic offline maps to find the butcher to buy the turkey

I'm just making a point that some people want a dedicated sat nav for many reasons. And plenty of people appreciate other posters taking the time to post the sat nav bargain.

The posters who see it as an opportunity to immediately roll out the usual sat navs are old tech and only bought by idiots is a little old and I'd compare their pointless posts up there with the Apple / android fanboys who spam threads when a bargain is posted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

I didn't get one, I was driving to the shop when I dropped my phone so I was unable to use my fantastic offline maps to find the butcher to buy the turkey

I'm just making a point that some people want a dedicated sat nav for many reasons. And plenty of people appreciate other posters taking the time to post the sat nav bargain.

The posters who see it as an opportunity to immediately roll out the usual sat navs are old tech and only bought by idiots is a little old and I'd compare their pointless posts up there with the Apple / android fanboys who spam threads when a bargain is posted
    ive never seen someone get so offended because a few people said Sat Navs are date tech and obsolete due to smartphones, which is hard to argue with in many cases.

Its not like they said only idiots buy sat navs :confused:

you must love your sat navs

ive never seen someone get so offended because a few people said Sat Navs are date tech and obsolete due to smartphones, which is hard to argue with in many cases.

Its not like they said only idiots buy sat navs :confused:

you must love your sat navs

I'm not offended I'm just bored of of posters repeating the same phone v sat nav argument.

As I said some people appreciate other posters taking the time to post a sat nav bargain simples! This petty phone v sat nav argument does nothing other than discourage bargain posters

Same reaction when someone posts an apple bargain alert, there are Apple fans who will appreciate and make the purchase all the while android fans post that Apple is bla bla.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Welcome to the Argos chat thread. Poll in post# 344 about sat navs, yay or nay?

Feck off will ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You probably shouldn't have been driving with your phone in your hand.

• Advertisement

The Xbox Elite controller is down to €125. There's a special offer of a free game one of which is Dead Rising 4. CeX are giving €49 cash for this. So basically you get a hugely regarded controller for €75.

I'd be all over it myself for my Alpha if it had bluetooth.

Dead rising is out of stock in all stores for the last 10 days so the order won't go through.

Yes sorry folks. The next best is Forza Horizon 3 which CeX are giving €22 for. Fiddlesticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

joujoujou wrote: »

Wont allow you to order just comes back with out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,524 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

pissed wrote: »
    Wont allow you to order just comes back with out of stock.
    That's yesterday's bargain, I don't think it was available for more than couple of hours, maybe less. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TheYardStick

If I reserve the Xbox controller today should I be able to pick it up for the same price tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

If I reserve the Xbox controller today should I be able to pick it up for the same price tomorrow?

Yes, the reservation including price should be until the close of store tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Take a screen grab of the email confirmation argos prices go up and down all the time but if you have it reserved with proof you get it for that price usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 4oyo

In Argos earlier today, the terminals show availability. No stock once you get to the register and can't be ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

dingding wrote:
    Nextbase 101 dash cam with 8GB memory card.

None available in any Cork store..sounds like a good deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭893bet

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5324846.htm

Seems on price for a Samsung with a curve if that's your thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Checkargos.com is down for the last hour on my end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

893bet wrote: »
    https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5324846.htm

Seems on price for a Samsung with a curve if that's your thing!

Anyone using curved screens ? I get the general idea but what's it like if you are viewing it from a seat to one side ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Checkargos.com is down for the last hour on my end.

fixed again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

sunny2004 wrote: »
    Anyone using curved screens ? I get the general idea but what's it like if you are viewing it from a seat to one side ?

I have 55" Samsung curved TV. Side viewing is pretty good but straight in front is better.

I honestly don't see any benefit from a curved screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

The satnav has disappeared from the system

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

dingding wrote: »

Damn how am I gonna find my way home:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

vicwatson wrote: »
    Damn how am I gonna find my way home:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,524 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

dingding wrote: »
    It's back now.

And price's back to its highest levels too, surprise surprise... ;)

• Advertisement

Folks does anyone know if Argos are open today? I've tried ringing my local store but there is no answer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement