Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Focus Dash light

Options
  • 03-01-2014 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi I have a 2008 Ford Focus 1.8.TDCi and the dash info light stays on overnight causing battery to drain if left longer than 2 days. Have been told I need a new cluster or bluetooth module. Any advice please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,424 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Does your focus have the keyless system?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Corrsi

No just standard Central locking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

It could be one of a couple of differant modules you really need proper diagnostic on this its a lot of money for either a blue tooth module or a cluster.

You could try dissconecting the blue tooth module its up behind the glovebox bit of a b!tch to get to but would be worth a go.

Does glove box need to be removed

Corrsi wrote: »
    Does glove box need to be removed

Yeah the module is above the glovebox.

Take it out and put your hand up you will feel the module i doubt thats your problem but its the easiest to try first.

• Advertisement

Bluetooth went faulty about a month ago and now dash lift stays on don't know if connected

Corrsi wrote: »
    Bluetooth went faulty about a month ago and now dash lift stays on don't know if connected

Would need to look at a wiring diagram but dont think those two modules comunicate but it could be keeping the radio alive which inturn keeps the cluster on.

Try locking the car and after about twenty minutes see is the radio still on.

Advertisement