Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas complaints?

Options
  • 11-12-2013 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

On the phone at the minute so ill try keep it short but is there another line of complaint for the luad outside of whoever calls you back when you email them?

The missus was heading in to town last night with her mother , sister and the kids so parked at the red cow and got the luas. She was ahead of her mother and across the tracks when her mother walked up to the part where you cross over . There was a tram pulling out but she didnt step out or anything when a guy let a roar at here to keep back, in the process shouting "for **** sake " at her. The missus then turns to him and tells him not to be shouting and cursing at her. To which the guy gets in her face and says " I didnt say **** to her but im telling you to **** off" then proceeds to sneer and jump on the luas. Turns out he is a driver amd took over the next tram heading to the point.

So while still on the next tram she emailed a complaint, they got back looking for more details then rang today to say they spoke to him and his side is he told a wpman to watch out, stopping her being run over and never spoke to anyone else. So the missus asked her if they had cctv and could they check it to show he was talking to her and was told they do but they wont check and they consider it closed.

Is this the official line of the luas now? Complain but unless the person admits of their own free will then nothing happened? Presumably if id been there and flattened the guy theres be no end to evidence and cctv. The woma that rang wasnt interested I hearing from any witnesses there either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

If I had to deal with the crap a Luas driver does every day, I'd be pretty cranky too. Give him a break.

He doesnt have to be a luas driver if he doesnt want to. What other professions ar alowed be agressive towards women? Just so I know who I can and cant complain about.

Does being a luas driver force him to be a liar too?

Im doing some christmas work in a shop at the minute and there was an idiot in the other day with a small kid letting him wreck a display as I was fixing it. Would it be ok for me to get up in his face and shout and curse at him in the shop? Do you reckon the boss would be ok woth that?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Have the mother (and others?) also make a complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Also make a complaint to the gardai if you felt the behaviour was threatening abusive or insulting. Forget about him being a luas driver but if any other person spoke and cursed at you like that wouldn't you want the guards to have a word in their ear?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Complain to the RAP rather than Transdev.

Advertisement