Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receiving updated Transponder/Frequencies from King of Sat

Options
  • 08-11-2013 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently using Vhannibal Motor bouquet downloaded directly to GigablueHD800 SE with a Vix image to populate my satellite channels. This bouquet has stations on it from probably every sat. worldwide but obviously I can not receive them all.

I would like to be a populate my box with satellite channels by pulling the info. in from King of Sat and for the sats. that my dish picks up only.

Would be grateful for guidance on how to do this please.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭swoofer

you can use dreamset and configure it for the sats you need but the changes are so few is it worth the hassle? you could find a channel settings that covers your needs ie catseyes and update that as an when.

i can send you how to use dreamset as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

iba wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm currently using Vhannibal Motor bouquet downloaded directly to GigablueHD800 SE with a Vix image to populate my satellite channels. This bouquet has stations on it from probably every sat. worldwide but obviously I can not receive them all.

I would like to be a populate my box with satellite channels by pulling the info. in from King of Sat and for the sats. that my dish picks up only.

Would be grateful for guidance on how to do this please.

Regards

Use DreamBoxEdit to delete the satellites you don't want or need from the bouquet you've downloaded (or find a bouquet that covers your satellites). It'll take literally seconds.

KingofSat are notoriously slow to update even for the major satellites and some minor satellites are woefully out of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

radiowaves wrote: »
    Use DreamBoxEdit to delete the satellites you don't want or need from the bouquet you've downloaded (or find a bouquet that covers your satellites). It'll take literally seconds.

KingofSat are notoriously slow to update even for the major satellites and some minor satellites are woefully out of date.

Thanks for your reply and the info.

Going by GBCullens and your reply, it does not seem worthwhile to link into King of Sat.

Can't find a bouquet for the sats I have so Ill probably do as you you advise.

Does DreamBoxEdit the same as thing as Dreamset?

Thanks for your reply and the info.

Going by GBCullens and your reply, it does not seem worthwhile to link into King of Sat.

Can't find a bouquet for the sats I have so Ill probably do as you you advise.

Does DreamBoxEdit the same as thing as Dreamset?

More user friendly.

Download it and give it a whirl, we're just a post away!

More user friendly.

Download it and give it a whirl, we're just a post away!

DreamBoxEdit:

Been reading the instructions here:

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=86

But should I click on Version 3 settings (Enigma 2) or New Enigma2 Settings

Also how when I right click in the 1st pane (Services) and delete a sat. from the pop-up window it still remains there when I right click the next time. Is that correct?

Thanks

• Advertisement

DreamBoxEdit:

Been reading the instructions here:

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=86

But should I click on Version 3 settings (Enigma 2) or New Enigma2 Settings

Also how when I right click in the 1st pane (Services) and delete a sat. from the pop-up window it still remains there when I right click the next time. Is that correct?

Thanks

If the settings you have worked (and you've managed to get your channel list from your receiver) then leave it.

The satellite might stay in the list but the services will be gone.

A quick edit of your satellites.xml file will remove the satellite reference.

If the settings you have worked (and you've managed to get your channel list from your receiver) then leave it.

The satellite might stay in the list but the services will be gone.

A quick edit of your satellites.xml file will remove the satellite reference.

Thanks for your help.

Yes I got the channel list from the receiver.

Do you mean that I should go into the satellites.xml file (which opened in my browser when I clicked on it) and then just delete satellite references from it. And then I guess FTP back it onto the box?

Thanks for your help.

Yes I got the channel list from the receiver.

Do you mean that I should go into the satellites.xml file (which opened in my browser when I clicked on it) and then just delete satellite references from it. And then I guess FTP back it onto the box?

You can do it that way.

You can also do it via DreamboxEdit under TOOLS

Advertisement