Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DoC 11: 11th Hour. 2nd Novemer, XGC. BB, MvC, IGAU

Options
  • 22-10-2013 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Holy **** this is late going up.
    Sorry about that.
    In any case!
    Day Of Champions 11
    2nd of November
    BB, IGAU, MvC3
    PS3 for IGAU and BB, Xbox for MvC.
    Doors open normal hours for XGC, Starting roughly 1.30-2pm. (subject to change, if people find 12pm easier to get in for, we'll swap it up)
    10 into 1 tournament, 15 into all.
    As a heads up, 7 euro of the price is going towards the XGC, so adjust prize pool expectations accordingly.

As of right now, SF has been discounted from the running of this DoC, and I have a reason for it: there have been 2 SF featured events recently (DoC 10 had pools into top 8, and the first XGC return tournament featured SF as well). As such, I want to take DoC back to its roots a little and try for more emphasis on the other games in the scene, rather than catering to the largest demographic. This also has to do with time: the XGC is a business, and having 4 tournaments in the one day means we're occupying the top floor for 8 hours at 5 euro's per head. SF generally takes the longest to run when put together with other tournaments, as we're waiting on people to finish there before going to game X.
    Keep in mind this isn't set in stone, and is subject to change. If things do change, I'll ask Doom to edit the title of this thread with the date.
    I understand people might be upset at the lack of SF in the running, as such, if people really want it, I will step up and organise and run an SF only competition in December, with focus solely on SF, featuring pools into 16 double elim (provided we have the numbers).

Tournament Rules and Format.

Format is as follows; All tournaments are double elimination. Each match will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds, except for UMvC3, which will be best of 3 games. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played. Any game with with a different rule set will be played according to its tournament standard type.
    Players who placed in top 8 in the prior 3 DoCs or Infernos (where applicable) will be seeded accordingly. All others will be randomly seeded.

1. All characters are useable, but if you require DLC characters, please make that known prior to your match.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set. In UMvC3, orders of characters may be changed, but assist types may not.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute. This includes pausing during cinematic supers/hypers, except in the case of a character death being guaranteed by the super/hyper.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed. (Though it will be pretty damn hype.)

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

10. Participation in the event is taken as giving permission that you accept that you may be recorded as part of the tournaments. Should you wish to participate and not be recorded, you will need to make this known to a tournament admin at sign up.

11. No white track suits please.

EDIT: Times

Running order for the tournament will be : 1.30 start for BBCP, followed by IGAU when BB ends, and concluded with UMvC3. We aim to be finished around 6-7.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

No AE :D

I guess I'll stay at home and play Dota 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Is it the Exchange or XGC? Both are mentioned in the opening post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Orim wrote: »
    Is it the Exchange or XGC? Both are mentioned in the opening post.
    Lies and slander.
    I totally don't copy and paste blindly from previous DoC posts, nope, not I, totally professional typist right here, yup.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar

Definetly going to be there

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Sounds good I'll be going to get bodied in marvel/injustice. And yell at w.e is happening on at bb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Which BB character is best for mashing with? I'll just use them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Feel free to share the FB event!

https://www.facebook.com/events/201818079997922/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I can't make Novemer but, I hope you have a fun event.

OP updated with rough times for tournaments.

How long will BB take

• Advertisement

SuperChar wrote: »
    How long will BB take
    1:30/ 2hours max

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

is it possible to come in with an ae disc and have quiet casuals somewhere in a corner where nobody sees?

or i will get kicked in the face and thrown out?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

I'll try come along if I can, I talked to yar about it the day before, rehearsals and all, if I'm free I'll come. :]

ladnopoka wrote: »
    is it possible to come in with an ae disc and have quiet casuals somewhere in a corner where nobody sees?

or i will get kicked in the face and thrown out?

I believe tekken players are coming in anyway, so why stop there. lol

Sorry for late notice- could someone bring in an XBox to record MvC3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Couple of us are coming down for KoF casuals, turns out this is on so I guess we'll be hanging out in a corner somewhere. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Couple of us are coming down for KoF casuals, turns out this is on so I guess we'll be hanging out in a corner somewhere. :pac:

Yep. Might enter the Blazblue tourney for a laugh, but we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I'll be up for playing KoF too.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭koko_PoPs

ill be in hope to get some ae casuals in

Its looking like a small one, maybe voa could br convinced to run kof if so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

crud i thought this was next week :o
    what time around should injustice be starting at?

Probably around 3/3.30 the latest. We'll have some IGAU casual setups at the venue too when we start.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

There's a tournament on today?! :D
    I'll be in for mahvel... Haven't played in forever though!

crud i thought this was next week :o
    what time around should injustice be starting at?

Oh, forgot this was this sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'll be in for casuals around 3-4, sorry I can't make the tourneys.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭koko_PoPs

could someone bring in street fighter, cant find my copy right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Voa wrote: »
    Probably around 3/3.30 the latest. We'll have some IGAU casual setups at the venue too when we start.

oh right thats not so bad, i should be able make it in for 3.
    wont have a console with me though but theres already one there all patched up & full dlc so its no worries
    Nutrient wrote: »
    Oh, forgot this was this sat.

least i wasnt only one lol
    you still coming in yea? lar is coming straight from a football match so we'll prob have to give him bye 1st round or something if hes late,said he should be there by 4

That was a fun day, was actually good to be able to focus on making videos for a day without having to go beast some fools!

Will post results when the IGAU guys get back to me with the GF results.

GG to all who attended, was nice to have a BB tourney again :D

• Advertisement

So there was IGAU

Advertisement