Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

San Marco Saddle (White Concor Light) Charity Auction in aid of le petit braquet Fund

Options
  • 11-10-2013 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭

This is a little used, as new San Marco, the pic's say it all really.
    There are slight scuff marks on the underneath from fitting (they are hard to see though and impossible to see when fitted) I reckon it has done less than 600km in its life and comes with box and plastic wrapping.

I will start the price at 1c and last bid accepted 12 midday Saturday the 19th. Payment made directly to the le petit braquet's mycharity funding page

This is a top quality saddle and is worth a few quid, it's for a great cause so bid generously!

If I reckon the bidding is too low I reserve the right to buy it off myself and as the highest bidder will make the donation.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Pics that thebouldwhacker e-mailed me to post here:

saddle1_zps30ba8e6d.jpg

saddle2_zps7f660e3c.jpg

saddle3_zps95216b23.jpg

saddle4_zpsa771d028.jpg

saddle5_zps03737e50.jpg

saddle6_zpsadcc313b.jpg

saddle7_zps5cd956b4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I'll start with a bid of 30 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Zippe

Hey,

I'll bid €35,

Zip,

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fran83

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

€45

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Its going well but could raise a few more quid.... They love it in Japan...

Even though the weight seems off. Something smells of sushi!

Just to let ye know that according to what I was told by the 'Spirit of Velo Past' who gave me this saddle the day I was born and cycled home that this is possibly the best saddle in the world.
    San Marco, as you know, is the patron saint of the human groin area, in particular the sit bones.
    It is said that he once stopped an entire village burning to death by plugging a volcano (using his sit bones) long enough that every one escaped with their lives.
    So in 1684 when this company actually invented the bicycle they wanted to come up with a saddle which is a tribute to this boney arsed hero and martyr.
    That is why over 800 years of work has gone into developing the perfect saddle, it had to follow the Euro Rules as handed down to Moses 5000 years ago and is mentioned by name in this holy text.

The name 'Concor' is of course short for Concord, the first super sonic passenger plane which flew non stop from Paris to Mars in the 1970's. Of course the Concord was so called as a tribute to this great saddle, the plane of course did not have regular passenger seats it had 150 bicycle saddles for people to sit on during the flight. It is rumored that due to the insane comfort people used regularly refuse to leave the plane simply due to these saddles. Of course it was from these saddles that the planes tremendous speed came from.
    The use of the word 'Light' refers to the fact that it is not heavy at all at all. In fact the railing is filled with Helium and the core plastic is constructed from material not too dissimilar to a hardened version of the soft drink which made Charlie and his Grandfather float to near disaster as seen in the documentary 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' so this saddle actually makes your bike lighter and faster.

As far as I know, and please correct me if I'm wrong, this is the only saddle San Marco ever actually produced for bicycles because on the day it was born the creators all downed tools stating that they had reached creative perfection, their artistic dreams had been fulfilled and they all went to live in a commune somewhere near the Priests Leap in West Cork.

Now I'm not saying all the above is proven fact, I'm just saying thats what I heard and it would be a great saddle to buy and a great cause to support!
    Bid!
    more money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 835 ✭✭✭countrykid

Just to let ye know that according to what I was told by the 'Spirit of Velo Past' who gave me this saddle the day I was born and cycled home that this is possibly the best saddle in the world.
    San Marco, as you know, is the patron saint of the human groin area, in particular the sit bones.
    It is said that he once stopped an entire village burning to death by plugging a volcano (using his sit bones) long enough that every one escaped with their lives.
    So in 1684 when this company actually invented the bicycle they wanted to come up with a saddle which is a tribute to this boney arsed hero and martyr.
    That is why over 800 years of work has gone into developing the perfect saddle, it had to follow the Euro Rules as handed down to Moses 5000 years ago and is mentioned by name in this holy text.

The name 'Concor' is of course short for Concord, the first super sonic passenger plane which flew non stop from Paris to Mars in the 1970's. Of course the Concord was so called as a tribute to this great saddle, the plane of course did not have regular passenger seats it had 150 bicycle saddles for people to sit on during the flight. It is rumored that due to the insane comfort people used regularly refuse to leave the plane simply due to these saddles. Of course it was from these saddles that the planes tremendous speed came from.
    The use of the word 'Light' refers to the fact that it is not heavy at all at all. In fact the railing is filled with Helium and the core plastic is constructed from material not too dissimilar to a hardened version of the soft drink which made Charlie and his Grandfather float to near disaster as seen in the documentary 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' so this saddle actually makes your bike lighter and faster.

As far as I know, and please correct me if I'm wrong, this is the only saddle San Marco ever actually produced for bicycles because on the day it was born the creators all downed tools stating that they had reached creative perfection, their artistic dreams had been fulfilled and they all went to live in a commune somewhere near the Priests Leap in West Cork.

Now I'm not saying all the above is proven fact, I'm just saying thats what I heard and it would be a great saddle to buy and a great cause to support!
    Bid!
    more money!

that had to be worth €70!
    €70 bid

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

countrykid wrote: »
    that had to be worth €70!
    €70 bid

Its worth more than that! €80 bid!

€90...

• Advertisement

Great to see the bidding going so well, chapeau!

Less than 3 hrs to go!

Gates close at 12 and if your not in you will be stuck with that upside down shovel you currently call a saddle and will not be riding this Euro-tastic speed sofa which will catapult you up the cycling hierarchy so high you will have red carpet receptions thrown for you at every bike stand you chose to lock your bike to and you will get to tell your heroic story of generosity to all who say '... nice saddle, where did you pick that up?'

Bid!

Tick
    Tock

€90...

As I hear the church bells peel 12 over kinsale, this auction is closed.
    Well done on all your generous bids, countrykid your bid of €90 which is fantastic is the highest and so the saddle is yours.
    Pm me when payment is gone through with your address or if you live near Cork how you would like to collect it. Congrats.

As I hear the church bells peel 12 over kinsale, this auction is closed.
    Well done on all your generous bids, countrykid your bid of €90 which is fantastic is the highest and so the saddle is yours.
    Pm me when payment is gone through with your address or if you live near Cork how you would like to collect it. Congrats.

Excuse my lack of IT knowledge...
    How do I pay????
    I don't pay you direct?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Excuse my lack of IT knowledge...
    How do I pay????
    I don't pay you direct?
    You simply make a donation here - just mention the saddle or thebouldwhacker in the message so it's clear what it relates to. PM thebouldwhacher to sort out delivery arrangements

Beasty wrote: »
    You simply make a donation here - just mention the saddle or thebouldwhacker in the message so it's clear what it relates to. PM thebouldwhacher to sort out delivery arrangements

Thanks for that

payment made, saddle in the post, happy days.

Advertisement