Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann Complaints

Options
  • 21-08-2013 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Since Bus Eireann have not answered my mail,I decided to post it up here and see if I'm the only one that this had happened to.
    I visit Fermoy on the weekend and on Sundays I wait for the 21.40 245 back to cork.on numerous occasions a 007 pulls in at the stop and when I board I'm told quite rudely that this isn't his stop until i say i was waiting for the 245 but I digress.last Sunday was the the best so far,it didn't even turn up.
    I was there in plenty of time so I could not have missed,while I know if I ever get a response for bus Eireann,will probably say.
    I think the real point of this rant is to say we pay for a service and once they have your money don't give a **** about you after that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,335 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The trade unions rule in Bus Eireann and Dublin Bus and the management will do absolutely nothing unless a driver is convicted of assault/dangerous driving at which point they might take disciplinary action but if all they have to go on is a customer complaint, they will do absolutely nothing so I wouldn't waste my time pursuing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Geog1234

The 21.40 hrs Fermoy to Cork route 245 (20.45 ex Cahir) is a subsidised service and as such is one of many routes which the National Transport Authority pay Bus Éireann to operate.

There is a contract in place between the National Transport Authority and Bus Éireann.

For a service not to operate (without very good reason e.g. accident en route/ road closed by Gardaí) is unacceptable. Most bus drivers are very decent and helpful people and there may be a valid reason why the bus apparently didn't operate. Or there may be a problem.

Either way you are fully within your rights to consider e-mailing a copy of your complaint to the National Transport Authority.(info[AT]nationaltransport.ie)
    In fact the authority encourages bus users to do this. Some bus stops have notices to the effect "If you are not happy with your bus trip please contact..."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,972 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

coylemj wrote: »
    The trade unions rule in Bus Eireann and Dublin Bus and the management will do absolutely nothing unless a driver is convicted of assault/dangerous driving at which point they might take disciplinary action but if all they have to go on is a customer complaint, they will do absolutely nothing so I wouldn't waste my time pursuing it.

That's a very very bold claim to make. I trust you can back it up with solid proof of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,335 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

That's a very very bold claim to make. I trust you can back it up with solid proof of same.

It's not a bold claim at all and I've a better idea, you give me concrete proof of where a complaint was made and acted upon. Otherwise we'll put you down as a troll.

My evidence is multiple posts on boards fora where people gave an account of lodging complaints which were simply ignored and in my case when I phoned a DB bus garage to complain about the last bus of the night passing a bus stop and not stopping for passengers, I was sneered at by the route inspector who refused to give me his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,972 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

coylemj wrote: »
    It's not a bold claim at all and I've a better idea, you give me concrete proof of where a complaint was made and acted upon. Otherwise we'll put you down as a troll.

My evidence is multiple posts on boards fora where people gave an account of lodging complaints which were simply ignored and in my case when I phoned a DB bus garage to complain about the last bus of the night passing a bus stop and not stopping for passengers, I was sneered at by the route inspector who refused to give me his name.

In effect you have no proof of same, merely opinion and third hand conjecture :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

I once sent a letter to Bus Éireann over a stop being missed - to their credit they wrote back to me, acknowledged the error and assured me that the route would be monitored. Might be worth sending a letter if you haven't already done so?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Unsubstantiated claims and he said/she said posts are not welcome. Start thinking before posting, folks.

Advertisement