Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The website needs you!

Options
  • 28-07-2013 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Sup guys,

The website is going through some changes and will be getting a new redesign and complete face lift over the next few weeks, but before things start to develop I would like to put a team together to help create new content and maintain the site when it gets developed.

The current job requires no experience but it does require a lot of time and dedication, so only apply if you have the time and are really serious about helping the website develop.

The website staff wont be paid to work, but if promotional goods become available, people who work on the website will definitely be in with a shot of getting whatever is available before anybody else.

Staff members will get a randomselect.ie email address and a nice t-shirt to go with it.

If people are interested in helping out send an email to me at chunkis@randomselect.ie and we can discuss what you can do to help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I've noticed you've been updating the site. Fair play.

2 things are required.

1. Enough people to update it so people dont burn out. If you were gonna make a new thread here why not make a post on the site?

2. People from the community to actually leave a comment, actually retweet a...well a tweet. Etc.

Having an updated site is so important imo if you want to be take seriously.

But it needs support.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Yeah the website definitely needs content. Before I joined the scene I had checked out the website but at the time it was pretty much barren so I thought the Irish scene was in the same state. It wasn't until later on that I found the forums here and figured out that the Irish scene is fine it is just the website that was dead. There probably is or at least will be people who are in a similiar situation to what I was and the website would more than likely be the first thing that people would come across. So having an active website would help people to find out or learn about the scene.

I wouldn't know much about webdesign but If you like I could post content to the site (e.g tournament news, recent videos etc) I shall send you an e-mail to talk about this further.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

As far as creating content goes, I was thinking about making a few short tutorial videos teaching helpful stuff people may not know about in AE (some OSes, etc). General things that would apply to every character, just little tidbits, tips etc. I have no idea if people think this is a good or bad idea but let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Ramza wrote: »
    As far as creating content goes, I was thinking about making a few short tutorial videos teaching helpful stuff people may not know about in AE (some OSes, etc). General things that would apply to every character, just little tidbits, tips etc. I have no idea if people think this is a good or bad idea but let me know

I do the odd thing regarding FGs videos

Myself and ramza could provide some content for the start, I already do scheduled streaming, can just expand game roster and get more players over for games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Yeah got a new PC so can stream a lot more too, altho Nutrients channel is much bigger than mine we play different games so that can help cover more titles etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

As I mentioned on another thread recently, if y'all want to hit me a link to the site's facebook page, I'll like it and give it a holler through HSN's page. Hopefully that will get you some fresh interest. From there I'll also bring it to the attention of the Galway based sf players too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Good job getting the website working lads.

Can I suggest a facebook like button for the site as a whole?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Could the background colour of the website be changed to something a little less vomit looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

IMO these suggestions would be included into a new design process...... just from experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Make it more orange

• Advertisement
Advertisement