Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jim Ross spoken word tour!

Options
  • 24-07-2013 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭

No Date in Ireland unfortuntely :( but would be great to hear him talk candidly about everything!
    WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross relives stories from on the road and behind the scenes, with over 20 years in the business of the wrestling world, on his first ever spoken word tour in the UK! Be a part of this intimate experience as Good ol' JR interacts with the live crowd, taking part in a Q&A session and much more

968873_544452958949203_1603056159_n.png

MORE DETAILS & TICKETS: http://bit.ly/13AqlXH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Great commentator and all that but comes across as such a moany prick,just me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Whatever about him irl, but I miss him from commentary. He made the big spots bigger and a great show seem legendary. (imo)

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

emailed them asking what are the chances of a Dublin date..........

Nothing ventured nothing gained i suppose!

Ill let you all know if i hear anything back.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

EdK wrote: »

Yeah, I get that impression too. Maybe his anecdotes will be something like this (at 1m 12s)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

But will he even speak candidly? He's always seemed to me to be a corporate kiss up going way back to that Beyond the Mat documentary and his appearances on WWE DVDs as well as his blog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

jossnjuice wrote: »
    emailed them asking what are the chances of a Dublin date..........

Nothing ventured nothing gained i suppose!

Ill let you all know if i hear anything back.

There's absolutely no chance of a Dublin date this time around. Shows in UK have been set for several weeks. Jim said himself via twitter weeks back that they tried to get an Ireland show but a venue/date wasn't feasible and he hoped to come here for the show in the future. I reckon with the amount of people tweeting him and the organizers about no Irish show they will definitely consider here next time if there is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

esprimo wrote: »
    There's absolutely no chance of a Dublin date this time around. Shows in UK have been set for several weeks. Jim said himself via twitter weeks back that they tried to get an Ireland show but a venue/date wasn't feasible and he hoped to come here for the show in the future. I reckon with the amount of people tweeting him and the organizers about no Irish show they will definitely consider here next time if there is one.

Not a peep out of them so far getting back to me anyway! Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Someone should ask him will he ever grow a set and stand up to Vince who has walked all over him for decades. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Someone should ask him will he ever grow a set and stand up to Vince who has walked all over him for decades. :P

He'd just say 'Oh he did that to get heat back onto his character'.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

EdK wrote: »

He is , or was a great commentator, but he seems to have no respect for himself, how many times has he been fired and utterly humiliated on camera, only to go running back to Vince every time? What other profession would someone go back working for a company that openly joked about a serious medical condition you had more than once?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

krudler wrote: »
    He is , or was a great commentator, but he seems to have no respect for himself, how many times has he been fired and utterly humiliated on camera, only to go running back to Vince every time? What other profession would someone go back working for a company that openly joked about a serious medical condition you had more than once?

Yep, Vince would never treat lawler like that because he knows he would tell Vince to **** off, but JR always come back for more.

Advertisement