Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAYE anytime tax credits

Options
  • 21-06-2013 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Please can anybody help me!!
    I've just logged in to paye anytime and it shows me for example that in 2009:

PAYE tax credit : 1,830
    But underneath here the status reads its claimed.

I have never claimed or received any tax back in the past four years. Am I entitled to this sum of money??! Very confused! also if i did make a claim for say 600 of this what will happen if i am actually not owed this money!
    Thanks for any feedback in advance! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

rayshell90 wrote: »
    Please can anybody help me!!
    I've just logged in to paye anytime and it shows me for example that in 2009:

PAYE tax credit : 1,830
    But underneath here the status reads its claimed.

I have never claimed or received any tax back in the past four years. Am I entitled to this sum of money??! Very confused! also if i did make a claim for say 600 of this what will happen if i am actually not owed this money!
    Thanks for any feedback in advance! :D

Tax credits are not money. They are part of the taxation system. Some like the PAYE credit are granted automatically to PAYE employees so you should have already received the benefits of this tax credit. You may wish to look at the Revenue website under personal taxation for an explanation of how the tax system works.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rayshell90

Excellent!! Thanks for the help! if you do "claim" from the tax credits, what happens next? does it mess up your tax credits for the following years?

• Site Banned Posts: 43 Jacques Mesrine

I have difficulty understanding this too. I was hoping to a get a check in the post once I claimed them but I didn't. :(:(

@Jacques did you attempt to claim money from your tax credits like I described above? I am terrible when it comes to understanding anything tax related! If so did it affect your current tax credits?

Guys. I don't think you are following me. Tax credits aren't money. They are one part of the tax system.

Your employer gets notified by Revenue what your standard rate cut off point and tax credits are. They use that info to tax you correctly. Therefore unless you are claiming additional reliefs/tax credits or you believe you were overtaxed for some reason, no refund should be due. The other thing in relation to tax refunds is, you need to have paid tax in order to claim a refund. This is something which a surprising number of people miss.

• Advertisement

@relaxcarryon I understand what you mean now. Just wondering though in regards to Jacques case would it have affected his tax credit bracket?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 edmac33

Hi,
    hope someone can help me with this, just wondering how do you declare tax on earnings as a Taxi Driver? I can't locate the forms I need to fill out on www.revenue.ie.

All help greatly appreciated, it's for year 2012 I need to declare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Another PAYE anytime query. :pac:

I'm due some emergency tax back so applied for log on details for the online service. I received my pin on Friday and have filled out all relevant details only today (was away before hand), but I'm not being given the opportunity to use "the range of services" at hand as the letter suggests.

I've filled out my personal details but the page seems to be frozen now. I'm just wondering if my personal details have to be confirmed on a working day before I can use the services at hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

edmac33 wrote: »
    Hi,
    hope someone can help me with this, just wondering how do you declare tax on earnings as a Taxi Driver? I can't locate the forms I need to fill out on www.revenue.ie.

All help greatly appreciated, it's for year 2012 I need to declare.

It will depend on if you had other income in the year and what this arose from. It will either be a form 11 or form 12. If you had no other income and did not make a preliminary payment, I would advise you file the return ASAP as some interest will be due on top of the payment.
    I would also advise you to seek professional advice, as there may be expenses which you can offset that you are unaware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

Another PAYE anytime query. :pac:

I'm due some emergency tax back so applied for log on details for the online service. I received my pin on Friday and have filled out all relevant details only today (was away before hand), but I'm not being given the opportunity to use "the range of services" at hand as the letter suggests.

I've filled out my personal details but the page seems to be frozen now. I'm just wondering if my personal details have to be confirmed on a working day before I can use the services at hand?

When does this emergency tax relate to? If it is 2013 it will come through on your next payslip. If it is 2012, I would suggest you sit down and work out the tax you should have paid before making any claims. If you are then due tax back, I would just ring up and order a balancing statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Contrails

I don't suppose anyone minds answering me this..

I'm working part time through college and only earn between 10-11K pa at the moment and so far as I can remember have only ever had to pay USC and not paye because my tax credits simply cancel out the tax.

I had a look at my paye profile online for the first time in a long time yesterday and for some reason for the whole of 2012 my paye tax credit was never claimed and I was taxed €630 for the year. I have since requested my credits for 2012/13 so does this mean I'll get that money back or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Contrails wrote: »
    I don't suppose anyone minds answering me this..

I'm working part time through college and only earn between 10-11K pa at the moment and so far as I can remember have only ever had to pay USC and not paye because my tax credits simply cancel out the tax.

I had a look at my paye profile online for the first time in a long time yesterday and for some reason for the whole of 2012 my paye tax credit was never claimed and I was taxed €630 for the year. I have since requested my credits for 2012/13 so does this mean I'll get that money back or am I missing something?

As you have requested your credits for 2012 , you will receive a balancing statement , and this will determine your entitlement to money back or not .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Paddy001 wrote: »
    When does this emergency tax relate to? If it is 2013 it will come through on your next payslip. If it is 2012, I would suggest you sit down and work out the tax you should have paid before making any claims. If you are then due tax back, I would just ring up and order a balancing statement.

It was for this year but I got paid today and nothing came through on my Payslip. I'm at a loss at this stage tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

It was for this year but I got paid today and nothing came through on my Payslip. I'm at a loss at this stage tbh.

Just give revenue a ring and ask them if they have sent your credits and cut off point to your employer

• Registered Users Posts: 42 yadayadaya

Hi any help here would be greatly appreciated.

I am a student who dis summer work this year and last year. I claimed for tax credits this year for the first time and registered with paye anytime. I am currently paying less paye from the credits and got a lump sum in my last payslip for tax which was owed to me.
    However because i wasn't registered last year am i entitled to claim any tax back for the work i did last summer.

Also can I get tax relief on my student fees for next year. I will have to pay the 2800 quid.

Thanks for any info

yadayadaya wrote: »

I am a student who dis summer work this year and last year. I claimed for tax credits this year for the first time and registered with paye anytime. I am currently paying less paye from the credits and got a lump sum in my last payslip for tax which was owed to me.
    However because i wasn't registered last year am i entitled to claim any tax back for the work i did last summer.

Also can I get tax relief on my student fees for next year. I will have to pay the 2800 quid.

Thanks for any info

If you were working last year and paid tax when you shouldnt have, then contact Revenue with your P45 or P60 from last year and request a review to be carried out.

If you were working last year and paid tax when you shouldnt have, then contact Revenue with your P45 or P60 from last year and request a review to be carried out.

Thanks, I never got a P45 or P60 from last year do I just contact my employer to send it out to me, Then apply for tax credits online for 2012?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Thanks for any info

You can get relief on your fees at 20% but they will disregard the first 1250 (afaik, the amount has increased every year :mad:)

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/reliefs/tuition-fees.html

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    You can get relief on your fees at 20% but they will disregard the first 1250 (afaik, the amount has increased every year :mad:)

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/reliefs/tuition-fees.html

Thanks, Do i need to pay the tuition fees before i apply for the claim or apply before i pay the fees, and can I get relif from the 2800 euro tuition fee i paid last year, It would be great if i could, I'm struggling for cash these days.

Thanks, Do i need to pay the tuition fees before i apply for the claim or apply before i pay the fees, and can I get relif from the 2800 euro tuition fee i paid last year, It would be great if i could, I'm struggling for cash these days.

Yes unfortunately you do. You pay the fees, get a receipt and send it off. It will then be reflected in subsequent payslips. I'm in a similar situation - my fees are €5000. I'd love to be able to just pay 4250! :D

pm sent

• Advertisement

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Yes unfortunately you do. You pay the fees, get a receipt and send it off. It will then be reflected in subsequent payslips. I'm in a similar situation - my fees are €5000. I'd love to be able to just pay 4250! :D

pm sent

I payed my tuition fees last year in two installments one of which was in january, I was thinking about doing the same this year. How would that affect your claim as it would be in a different tax year.

I payed my tuition fees last year in two installments one of which was in january, I was thinking about doing the same this year. How would that affect your claim as it would be in a different tax year.

hi see pm

Advertisement