Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel FAQ

Options
  • 03-03-2013 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

With a thread of over 2600 posts it's no surprise a lot of questions get asked more than once. I thought maybe it was time for a Parcel Motel FAQ.
    I don't have any connection with Parcel Motel or Boards.ie, I'm just trying to help, but it also means that some stuff I write might be incorrect or subject to change.
    So before asking a question about parcel motel check www.parcelmotel.com especially the "how it works" and "FAQs" section; http://www.parcelmotel.com/faqs.html
    A search here on boards might also help to find your answer.

If you don't know what parcel motel is or how it works I suggest you check www.parcelmotel.com first before posting a question.

This topic is for FAQ so don't ask "when is PM opening in location XXX" etc use the other PM topic for that: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056698663

Questions about registering:
    -When you register you'll receive a PMID you'll use this with your name when you have items delivered to one of the PM addresses.

-When you submit your mobile number for text notification you'll receive a PIN to verify your phone number, this is NOT your PMID it is only used to verify your number and needs to be entered on the PM website. It also is NOT the PIN you use when you collect a parcel, you'll receive a unique pin every time there is a parcel ready for collection.

-Do I need to select where I send my parcels to?
    No, you only select the PM location you want to collect your parcels. You can have your parcels sent to the Finglas and/or Newtonabby address as you like, at any time.

-(After I register) Can I change: name, delivery location, mobile number, mobile availability (times you'll receive text), email, password, card/payment details?
    Yes to all, under your account preferences.

Questions about parcels (size/duty/damage):
    -Most questions about size/weight limit and acceptable parcels are answered on www.parcelmotel.com
    Max weight for any package is 10Kgs and needs to be able to fit the largest locker: 41 X 38 X 64 cm

-What if my parcel doesn't fit or is >10Kgs?
    PM notify you by SMS text and Email to let you know if your parcel does not fit into one of the lockers and ask you to contact us to make alternative arrangements, which include onward delivery or an option to collect at our National Distribution Centre in Finglas. Additional Charges may apply in these circumstances.

-What are the additional charges for an oversized parcel?
    If your parcel weighs less than 35Kgs (note the dimensional weight charges for large items) and is collected at the one of the Nightline Depots there is no additional charge. Otherwise check: http://www.parcelmotel.com/howmuch.html

-What if there is VAT/Duty due on my parcel:
    Please ensure that any charges payable are paid in advance of delivery. Parcel Motel will not accept responsibility for payment of any VAT or Duty charges due on items delivered. If the postal operator or courier asks for cash on delivery, your item will be refused by us.

-What if my item is lost/damaged?
    Note that PM is only liable for your item after they receive it, also not the max €100 liability:
    If the packaging is slightly damaged but the contents appear OK when it arrives at our Check-In centre, we will note it in our system that the packaging is damaged and we will deliver to your preferred Parcel Motel. If there is serious damage to the outer packaging and there is obvious damage to the contents we will refuse to accept delivery from the carrier and we'll notify you.
    If the parcel gets lost, stolen or damaged while on its way to your chosen Parcel Motel see: http://www.parcelmotel.com/liability.html

-I'm expecting more than one parcel to be delivered to PM on the same day, can they be grouped to save on charges?
    No, they can't ask the seller to group them into one shipment.

-Do PM accept signed for/registered/insured parcels?
    Yes, PM will sign/accept items on your behalf.

How to/which PM address to use and address problems?

Your name
    Your PMID
    Parcel Motel
    Unit 5 Mygan Park
    Jamestown Road
    Finglas East
    Dublin 11
    Ireland

Or

Your Name
    Your PM ID
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Rd
    Newtownabbey
    BT36 4PE (BT36 4PX will work as well).

-If there is not enough space you can write your name and PMID on the same line.

-You can use the Finglas or the Newtonabby address as you like, generally you'd be wise to use the one you will have to pay the least shipping charges for. Also if an item is UK shipping only you can use the Newtonabby address.

-I forgot to enter my PMID or Name other errors in address label will PM still accept my package?
    Yes, but contact/inform PM so you'll get your item.

-Problems with entering PM address:
    Normally you will be able to select a different billing address and delivery address, if not you're going to need your bank/CC company to add the PM address to your account. Same for Paypal.

-If you can't enter numbers in the name field of the address see if you can modify it at the check-out stage or try spelling them eg. PM ONE TWO THREE FOUR.

Notifications etc:
    -Your notification preferences (email/text) can be set on your account.
    -You will receive a notification when your parcel is ready for collection, this is the start of the 48hr window to collect before you will be charged a second stay.
    -You will NOT receive a notification when your parcel arrives at the PM centre but you can check if a parcel has been received under your account history.

-I have received a notification that a package is ready for collection at my parcel motel, but I wasn't expecting anything:
    Maybe a seller you used previously has sent you a letter/mailing offer or even a receipt. Unfortunately the PM charge does apply.

General stuff:

-PM are always open so no matter when your item is delivered it will be accepted. You can also collect items from the lockers when you like.

-Yes they work weekends so you might even receive items on Sunday.

-How long does it take between arrival at the PM centre and ready for collection at your PM locker?
    Generally less than 24hrs, no guarantee depends on several factors.

-Do I need to ask the shop/seller if they ship to PM?
    No, unless they specifically state that they don't ship to PM or similar services then don't ask (this applies mainly to buying on eBay.co.uk)

-PM Newtonabby is Northern Ireland so does not fall under "UK-mainland shipping".

I hope this answers some questions. Let me know what I missed or if there are any corrections/additions necessary.

Don't send me PM's about Parcel Motel, like I said I have no connection with them. There are official PM reps you can contact on boards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement