Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road to Cannes - 9th February - The Clarence Hotel

Options
  • 01-02-2013 4:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

All right chaps, it's go time for those planning on putting our best foot forward for Cannes. It's our biggest contingent yet heading over, and we've got to get some training in before we go over there and kick ass.

As such, the games we will be focusing on primarily will be

1. Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition v.2012
    2. Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom III
    3. Mortal Kombat 9

To anyone hating on the MK guys for not being part of the Cannes games, come to me with your hate. I like the chaps, they don't whine about there not being enough tournaments, and are always well mannered and hype at tournaments. It's always grand to get stuff going for them.

People PM me about equipment they can bring, MK will be PS3 exclusive, everything else will be 360. Remember, no PM, no discount. We will be starting at 11.30am SHARP (...as possible), I'll be there from 9.30-10 to set up.

Now I'm pretty lack at most times, but I will be doing my best to get this **** run military. Expect to get yelled at if you decide to faff about instead of playing a match I KNOW you were scheduled to be playing. If you are called for a match and are not playing in another match at the time you have FIVE MINUTES to play your match or you forfeit. That way every one gets to bugger off to the pub at a reasonable time. There's no reason we should be running up to the 6-7pm time limit on a 4 tournament set.

We'll be using Challonge or Tournament maker, depending on how my laptop plays with the Clarence wifi. Prize pots will be 1st and 2nd (3rd if we have enough left over to warrant it).

Entry Fee is as follows:

€5 per tournament. This is about getting the game you want on, and not a whole lot else.
    If you bring a monitor or a console, that's free into one tournament. You must have PM'd me, however.

Tournament Rules and Format.

Format is as follows; All tournaments are double elimination. Each match will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds, except for UMvC3, which will be best of 5 games (time permitting). If one player wins the first 2 (3 in UMvC3) games the remaining games will not be played. UMvC 3 teams will be played Winner stays on, not character locked, but order will be locked, best of 3. No same characters across teams.
    Players who placed in top 8 in the prior 3 DoCs or Infernos (where applicable) will be seeded accordingly. All others will be randomly seeded. UMvC3 teams will be "Best Fit" seeding (ie: I'll cobble together the listings, and get some people to review it). Please ensure to have chosen a team mate and stupid team name prior to signing up. We will not be finding a buddy to carry your ass for you.

1. All characters are useable, but if you require DLC characters, please make that known prior to your match.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set. In UMvC3, orders of characters may be changed, but assist types may not.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed. (Though it will be pretty damn hype.)

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

10. No white track suits please.

*TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DEPENDING ON NUMBERS*

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition v.2012 -11.30am SHARP (And if I catch any of you sandbagging the grand final, I will slap your ****)
    UMvC3 - Teams & MK9~1.30pm
    UMvC3 - Solo ~ 3.30pm
    If we have PS3s set up prior to MK9's start time, we will allow them to be used for casuals. Should we not require machines, they may be used for casuals (ie; 20 minutes to go till next tourney, and we're down to top 4). If machines are attempted to be used for casuals at any time other than this, I will get real huffy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

*This space reserved*

PS: If you bring a game we wind up using, there may be a small cookie in it for you. Also, if you help out bringing kit in and setting it up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The Clarence wifi is prepay Voa. Just FYI.

...Tournament maker it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Have you asked could they provide a code for use? I know some hotels provide a code when you rent a room, so might be worth asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Voa wrote: »
    Tournament Rules and Format.

Format is as follows; All tournaments are double elimination. Each match will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds, except for UMvC3, which will be best of 3 games.

do you mean first to 3 games/best out of 5? just checking...

• Advertisement

PPC wrote: »
    Have you asked could they provide a code for use? I know some hotels provide a code when you rent a room, so might be worth asking.

I very much doubt it, it's that horrible bitbuzz hotspot wifi, not some locked down internal network.

2gen wrote: »
    do you mean first to 3 games/best out of 5? just checking...

Good catch. I've updated the wording. My bad for slipping up (3am is a bad time to write tournament rules).
    It is best of 5 for UMvC3 (Solo).

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Desosaurusx

i will be there to take street fighter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Tether a phone.

Okay, we need some more machines (or just people with those machines to PM me).
    So far, our total count is 3 Xboxes and 4 monitors (exchange ones). I know there's some others out there who will bring their kit, but I'd like to have numbers before the day :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Sounds good... but where's Killer Instinct? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Was looking through the Road To Cannes [Possibly 9th of February] like an idiot for info about tomorrow.

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Sent you a PM ages ago about equipment Voa, will be taking Xbox in with AE/Marvel

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

ggs all, fair play to onion for beasting

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Full results?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Ya, who won marbles?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

1)Nutrient
    2)Doyler
    3)Counter

Teams
    1)koko pops/Nutrient
    2)D4RK ONION/Counter
    3)Lythero/Doyler

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

That was close to being the most fun I've ever had at a tourney. GGs to all, thanks to Voa Doom and Siobhan, Roll on Cannes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

GGs all, especially Koko Beast

Big thanks to the Voa crew for another smoothly run tournament. I'm really looking forward to the videos!

Good day, lots of fun, knackered Doom.

GGs organisers and everyone I played!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

What were the results for AE & MK?

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

ty voa for the tourney and those who ran it. Pity mk couldnt be recorded but it just wasn't to be. ggs crowd monsters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Thanks Voa for tourney, was pretty cool.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

What were the results for AE & MK?

AE:

1st: unimportant
    2nd: D4RK ONION
    3rd: unimportant
    4th: unimportant

Sup chaps.
    GGs to all, full results;
    SF:
    1 Ladnopoka
    2 DarkOnion
    3 JunDP
    4 Doom

UMvC3
    1 Nutrient
    2 Doyler
    3 C0unter
    4 Ben2Gen

Team MvC3
    1 Tasty Breakfast
    2 LetterNumber
    3 Viewtiful Justice
    4 DorkSedge

MK9
    1 UsedForGlue
    2 Joga
    3 Lar
    4 Momentum

And now I am a sleepy Voa, and I will head to bed.
    Looking forward to cringing the **** out at those videos when they go up, fun times.

qtooxHb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

*image of Dark Onion looking ridiculous*

0tsxgvT.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

ggs to all today.
    really fun day.

major thanks to voa for 1st of all having MK at the event and also for sticking round for the reseted full final between glue and joga. :D
    kinda sucked mk got no recordings but we were given the chance to start at the time originally set rather than later,in hinesight maybe we should of started at the earlier time :o ah well, still mad fun was had,never have i shouted
    KKUUUUNNNNNG LAO so much lol

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Yo my Dr. Strange impression is too sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

GGs all, well played especially to Onion, great performance in AE. Also to Koko for owning at the casuals setups all day, great fun to watch Hawk destroy people. Thansk to everyone involved in running things as usual.

Advertisement