Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco delivery charge

Options
  • 31-01-2013 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

How much is the delivery with Tesco these days?

I couldn't find it on their site. In the section titled "How much do we charge for delivery?" it states why they charge but not the amount.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It varies depending on the time slot chosen: €4.50 up IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Post split out and moved to new thread in Online Buying & Auctions

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Thanks folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You can just stick things in the basket and go to checkout but not go through with the payment. It shows all the time slots & prices then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Weekdays in the afternoon it's 4 quid, at least Tuesday between 3 and 5 when I usually get my stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

picture.php?albumid=2263&pictureid=14497

Depends on the store, they are all different.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    picture.php?albumid=2263&pictureid=14497

Depends on the store, they are all different.

So it's cheaper in the countryside?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

No cheaper at different times of the week, Sunday is always dear, Tuesday always cheap, but different stores are cheaper at different times. They want all vans full so they'll reduce the price to make sure all delivery slots are full.

I book a €2.50 slot a few weeks in advance and If I dont need it I'll just cancel the order, that way I always have the option of a cheap delivery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I have not seen a €2.50 option for years! It ranges €4.00 to €7.00
    I think my local store is popular

• Registered Users Posts: 13,646 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Thinking of getting one of these deliveries, do they make sure to get items that have later expiry dates, or just pick whatever?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

mrcheez wrote: »
    Thinking of getting one of these deliveries, do they make sure to get items that have later expiry dates, or just pick whatever?

I reckon they just make sure that everything is 'in date' but on delivery or even after you have the option to return anything your not happy with.

Advertisement