Donedeal - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-01-2013, 21:50   #1
iverjohnston
Closed Account

Donedeal

Hi everyone,
whenever I log onto Donedeal.ie, I get Donedeal.co.uk. this makes little difference, except that all the prices are in sterling, with the Euro equivelant shown underneath. Ami doing something silly or wrong, or has done deal swapped server or something?
Advertisement
28-01-2013, 22:00   #2
funny man

change the adress bar at the top of your screen by deleteing .co.uk and enter .ie instead or just google done deal
28-01-2013, 22:04   #3
bbam
Closed Account

Probably just typed it wrong once and now its auto filling in the address...
Go into your browser history and clear the history and the cache too..

Then type away in address bar and it should be fine..
Thanks from:
29-01-2013, 12:30   #4
iverjohnston
Closed Account

Got this reply from Donedeal. Now, how did I miss that?

Thank you for contacting my name is Amy I work with the website DoneDeal.
To change the site you are viewing please go to the homepage and scroll to the very bottom of the page and in the black box under Section click on Ireland, this will change the currency to Euro's.

Hope this helps

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks from:
13-03-2015, 23:08   #5
cerastes

I appreciate this is an old thread but I'm having the exact same problem, done deal keeps reverting to sterling and the section is still Ireland??
There is no talk to forum for donedeal on boards, anyone know how to fix this, I noticed the URL keeps reverting to .co.UK despite me not or ever inputting that, never noticed this before but its a real pain in the t!ts
Advertisement
30-03-2015, 20:07   #6
cerastes

Still happening, no matter how many times I change it, it just changes back to the .co.UK domain. This never happened to me before and its not like so done isn't locatable by their IP address, seems like there is more to this.making donedeal a pain.
30-03-2015, 20:08   #7
Reggie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerastes View Post
Still happening, no matter how many times I change it, it just changes back to the .co.UK domain. This never happened to me before and its not like so done isn't locatable by their IP address, seems like there is more to this.making donedeal a pain.
The phone app any better
30-03-2015, 20:09   #8
Kovu
Nie moj cyrk, Nie moje malpy

I actually put in .co.uk when you first asked this to see if it would change my saved preference. And it did so as said above, just delete your cache/history and type it in correctly first time and you'll be sorted.
Thanks from:
30-03-2015, 20:56   #9
cerastes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovu View Post
I actually put in .co.uk when you first asked this to see if it would change my saved preference. And it did so as said above, just delete your cache/history and type it in correctly first time and you'll be sorted.
I'll look into what you say, see if it solves the problem, thing is, I never put in the .co.UK part though, no need, I tried to get it to revert back by clicking down the bottom of the page to return it to ireland as the location but it keeps reverting back to .co.uk, I put in donedeal.ie originally and it just reverted to .co.uk when I started looking at motorbikes? Iv only noticed this happens on my tablet.thanks for the advice.
Advertisement
30-03-2015, 20:59   #10
Kovu
Nie moj cyrk, Nie moje malpy

Were you looking at bikes up the North by any chance? It may have automatically changed over if you looked at N.Ireland adverts more. Anyhow just clear down your history and it should be grand. Just make sure you know all your passwords
30-03-2015, 21:11   #11
cerastes

Quote:
Were you looking at bikes up the North by any chance? It may have automatically changed over if you looked at N.Ireland adverts more. Anyhow just clear down your history and it should be grand. Just make sure you know all your passwords
Just did that, cleared all instances of history of .co.UK, googled donedeal.ie, went to .ie, clicked on motorbikes and it just went straight to the .co.UK domain, PITA
I checked and I connected through .ie and just tried it again as above, don't get it?
30-03-2015, 21:16   #12
Kevin McCloud

Try dungdeal.ie
30-03-2015, 21:54   #13
cerastes

Its little enough just a bit of a pain when you're searching, never came across them ads, some funny ones,
30-03-2015, 21:57   #14

Does anyone know if you have to pay for a wanted ad on donedeal?
30-03-2015, 22:06   #15
cerastes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie. View Post
The phone app any better
Don't know, didn't try it, so far only seems to be a problem on the tablet

Quote:
No, not that I was aware, all though some seem to be advertised as Irish and then when you look further not registered here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4512 View Post
Does anyone know if you have to pay for a wanted ad on donedeal?
When I saw this I thought it was some kind of follow on joke to the dungdeal.
I suspect you genuinely mean wanted, I imagine so, its an advert taken out?
After dungdeal and the hassles sometimes with adverts I wonder would I bother, I would really but suppose I should expect sorts that seem to have time to waste enquiring without any intention of buying.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion