Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

book depository delivery time

Options
  • 19-01-2013 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭

How long from dispatch notification to delivery? The dispatch email was sent Jan 8th.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Inconsistent, from my experience. I've only ordered from them once, and the books were delivered within a week. My girlfriend ordered something and it took over two weeks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

A couple of weeks wouldn't be unusual tbh, which is why I try and stick with Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

I've generally found them about the same speed as Amazon, usually about a week, sometimes two. Have ordered from them loads of times & have never had an unreasonably long wait.

I would call 2 weeks unreasonably long tbh, especially when I know if I order something from amazon today I'll have it in my hands on Wed or Thursday.

I would call 2 weeks unreasonably long tbh, especially when I know if I order something from amazon today I'll have it in my hands on Wed or Thursday.

Is that with standard delivery? I've used Amazon a good few times too & never got stuff that fast. I don't mind waiting a couple of weeks for things (though normally they're quick than that) from the BookDepository as I generally order books a good while before I'll read them (always have a large pile on the go) & I've found their prices better for most stuff I want than Amazon.

• Advertisement

That's with free delivery. I order from Amazon a lot, and 9 times out of 10 I receive my item about 2-3 working days from dispatch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 cabbage crotch

With my last order it was despatched 7th Jan, came 14th Jan. That was a standard sized paperback and it was shipped from Switzerland. When I've ordered chunkier books before they've taken a lot longer to arrive.

That's with free delivery. I order from Amazon a lot, and 9 times out of 10 I receive my item about 2-3 working days from dispatch.

Supersaver? Done that a couple of times, mostly I'd only be ordering one book at a time so well under the £25 threshold. Don't remember receiving the goods that quick when I did use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

I've used the book depository a few times and it has taken about ten days. Are amazon that quick? I haven't used them for a year or two but when I did they took about ten days too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Last book ordered on the 12th, got the dispatched mail on Wednesday 16th and it arrived just now. I wouldn't use them for anything that's neeeded at short notice, but generally and with a bit of advance planning they are great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

The book I ordered still hasn't arrived. Maybe it got lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Hi Claire, sorry to hear that. Best to contact their customer service. They are pretty good at sorting out problems. Received the wrong book before xmas and they sent out a replacement straight away and I got it on xmas eve. They replied very, very quickly to my query.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

They gave me a refund. I didnt want to wait another three weeks for a book.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I sent an order to the Texas branch in late 1963. I'm still waiting for those books to arrive.......

Advertisement