Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day of Champions 8, The Comeback Tour(nament) - January 5th 2013 - Exchange Dublin

Options
  • 05-12-2012 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Righteo, Its been rather a while since we had a tourney in Dublin so I expect ALL of you to attend. This will be a good chance to get into the fighting spirit for Cannes! As such, our games will be as follows:

1. Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition v.2012
    2. Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom III
    3. One more game, to be decided in the poll, from the rest of the Cannes 2013 games.
    4.Mortal Kombat 9 (cause we love you guys for always turning up for tourneys!)
    5. I am also determined to have a stupidly fun silly side tournament, cause it'll make for brilliant commentaries and its nice to let people de-stress. Therefore, we will be running a Teams 2v2 Street Fighter X Tekken 4-player scramble mode tourney.

As usual, people PM me about equipment they can bring, MK will be PS3 exclusive, everything else will be 360. We will be starting at 12am SHARP, i'll be there from 11 to set up. Running order TBD.

I realise i haven't really been around the FGC much over the last few months and a few new people have joined, so i will stress here to them that i run tournaments like a military commander. I generally won't tolerate people being slow/inefficient/buggering off for two hours when they're supposed to be playing a match. If you are called for a match and are not playing in another match at the time you have FIVE MINUTES to play your match or you forfeit. That way every one gets to bugger off to the pub at a reasonable time. Myself and Doom in particular have had enough of near-10 hour tournaments.

I'll be getting people on the day to help run the individual tournaments, but i'll be doing brackets, most likely on Tournament maker. Prize pots will be 1st 2nd 3rd, DoC usually takes in a fair bit so the prize pots are quite generous.

Entry Fee is as follows:

€10 for venue & 1 game plus SFxT side-tourney
    €3 per additional tournament entered
    €5 discount for bringing a console, €8 discount for monitor (you MUST pm me about bringing equipment and receive a confirmation from me to qualify for a discount!)

Tournament Rules and Format.

Format is as follows; All tournaments are double elimination. Each match will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds, except for UMvC3, which will be best of 3 games. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.
    Players who placed in top 8 in the prior 3 DoCs or Infernos (where applicable) will be seeded accordingly. All others will be randomly seeded.

1. All characters are useable, but if you require DLC characters, please make that known prior to your match.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set. In UMvC3, orders of characters may be changed, but assist types may not.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed. (Though it will be pretty damn hype.)

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

10. No white track suits please.

Which of the Cannes 2013 games will be at DoC8? 28 votes

Street Fighter X Tekken
    0% 0 votes
    The King of Fighters XIII
    32% 9 votes
    Soulcalibur V
    21% 6 votes
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    10% 3 votes
    Dead or Alive 5
    32% 9 votes
    Persona 4 – The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena
    0% 0 votes
    Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
    3% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Voted KOF XIII - although I'd like to nominate Guilty Gear XX Accent Core as a write-in candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

where is 3rd strike and super turbo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Righteo, Its been rather a while since we had a tourney in Dublin so I expect ALL of you to attend. This will be a good chance to get into the fighting spirit for Cannes! As such, our games will be as follows:

1. Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition v.2012
    2. Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom III
    3. One more game, to be decided in the poll, from the rest of the Cannes 2013 games.
    5. I am also determined to have a stupidly fun silly side tournament, cause it'll make for brilliant commentaries and its nice to let people de-stress. Therefore, we will be running a Teams 2v2 Street Fighter X Tekken 4-player scramble mode tourney.

31296073.jpg

Wait a minute 4-player scramble mode tourney.

freddie-mercury-so-close-pose1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

There's gonna be another tourney run by Voa before we go out to Cannes so that one will have different extra tourneys to this one. There's been chat about regional qualifiers and seeding places and the like so the plan for this could change to accomodate that, but for the moment i just want to run the main ones. If i can i'll get one of the mods to edit the poll to include 3S and whatever else, i didn't actually realise they were being played till i looked at the full list of games there now, i only took the main ones listed on the main page, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I will be there or be square.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I will be there or be square. and bodied by Kiki.
    ftfy

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Lads, vote KoF and then everyone job to me just to give Aileen flashbacks. lol

On a serious note, I don't see how we could have a p4 tournament, games not out in Europe.

For the DLC games, people need to bring them if they win.

I'd mark for an ST tournament, it was great craic at eirtakon.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    ftfy

Son, you're gonna be KO'd Kiki after I'm done with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

I realise i haven't really been around the FGC much over the last few months and a few new people have joined, so i will stress here to them that i run tournaments like a military commander. I generally won't tolerate people being slow/inefficient/buggering off for two hours when they're supposed to be playing a match. If you are called for a match and are not playing in another match at the time you have FIVE MINUTES to play your match or you forfeit. That way every one gets to bugger off to the pub at a reasonable time. Myself and Doom in particular have had enough of near-10 hour tournaments.

Heil_Hitler.gif

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Heil_Hitler.gif

:cool:

lol wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

I need a team mate for sfxt. no skill required.

Fergus u want in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

SFxT eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Remake the poll with ST and 3s in it, unfair to those games to not be in it from the start for people to vote for

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Woohoo! All the Kombat love!

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Remake the poll with ST and 3s in it, unfair to those games to not be in it from the start for people to vote for

Sadly it isn't that easy we'd need to make a new thread. Changing polls never works on VB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Would a 4 player SFxT session not be messy? Like, I know it's supposed to be messy, and that's the whole craic of it, but I don't think there'd be enouigh USB ports to sport four sticks. I remember the same thing going down with the tag tourney on MK at Test Your Hype last year. There was a lot of messing around trying to accomadate all the playrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

deathrider wrote: »
    Would a 4 player SFxT session not be messy? Like, I know it's supposed to be messy, and that's the whole craic of it, but I don't think there'd be enouigh USB ports to sport four sticks. I remember the same thing going down with the tag tourney on MK at Test Your Hype last year. There was a lot of messing around trying to accomadate all the playrs.

USB hub. Nobody is going to be complaining of a slight bit of input lag anyway.

Too busy complaining about Kiki's complete lack of ability to block fullscreen charged supers!

#stillsalty

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

I will go to this if Tekken Tag 2 is on. It's the only FG I am actually good at.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

I'll head in for this regardless of games on the day. SCRAMBLE MODE, LESS GO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Son, you're gonna be KO'd Kiki after I'm done with you.

KO'd from boredom maybe. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Better than 7 million tournaments, just have a dedicated casuals machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Yeah i am sorry about the poll guys, it is a serious design flaw on Boards that the cant be edited, so my apologies!!! I there is a major vocal outcry from many people i will take it into account but, as i say, Voa will be having another tournament before Cannes so we will defo give the options properly for that one. I'd obviously love to run more than the four main tourneys i'm running but as this is the first tournament in a while, i expect a fair few people so trying to be realistic about it.

I stress again, i do need equipment, and it would be great to see a special effort from guys who maybe don't normally bring stuff, you do get a majoy discount on your entry for doing so!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

I would bring down some gear but I think I'm going to have to get the train and I really don't want to be bringing my monitor/consoles on the train and through Belfast and Dublin. I can bring copies of the games, maybe a spare stick (my main one's dropping mp inputs sometimes, though and only have 1 spare. Have spare parts to build one in the meantime and could maybe fix it, though).

Also need a partner for SFxT. Haven't played since about a week or two after it came out. Played Rolento and Hworang but can learn any character for the craic before the tourney.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Kanped wrote: »
    I would bring down some gear but I think I'm going to have to get the train and I really don't want to be bringing my monitor/consoles on the train and through Belfast and Dublin.
    Not as hard as you think ;D

Seriously, I've brought sticks, consoles and monitors (and cameras and tripods :pac: ) from Cork simultaneously for these things on a mostly regular basis for years.
    (EDIT: I will also mention I have never gotten a lift to a tournament [aside from that one time in Galway] and this stuff has always been brought on buses, so having to get the train is not an excuse.)

I'm not leveling this specifically at Kanped, but y'all need to man up when it comes to lugging stuff around.

Seriously, I wonder how people think those tournaments in Belfast get recorded, I'd love to just have to bring an xbox and a stick to a tournament some time :D

I would bring down some gear but I think I'm going to have to get the train and I really don't want to be bringing my monitor/consoles on the train and through Belfast and Dublin.

As long as the bag you put them in doesn't have a flag on it, you should be fine.
    Seriously, I wonder how people think those tournaments in Belfast get recorded, I'd love to just have to bring an xbox and a stick to a tournament some time :D

Your recording kit is legitimately beyond the carrying capacity of one mortal human on foot. Tis crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

You don't drive?

Jesus...

I'll see what fits in my backpack and let yous know ASAP, then.

Bloody guilt trip :(

BTW, I can bring a Firewire mixing desk and mics no problem :p

You don't drive?

Jesus...

I'll see what fits in my backpack and let yous know ASAP, then.

Bloody guilt trip :(

BTW, I can bring a Firewire mixing desk and mics no problem :p

Nope, I get the train, and a taxi from the train station to the union.

I used to walk but my hand hurts from carrying the case if I do :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Your recording kit is legitimately beyond the carrying capacity of one mortal human on foot. Tis crazy!

Cobelcog once tried and failed miserably.

Then got plain chicken in Nandos.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement