Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IMRA Season 2013

• 23-11-2012 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭

Hot off the presses: Winter league 2013 dates...

20 Jan Howth Winter HWW 201m 5km
    26 Jan Ticknock Winter TRW 417m 10km
    10 Feb Annacurra ANN xm xkm
    17 Feb Trooperstown Hill TRP 380m 11km
    2 Mar Maulin Winter League Route MAU 538m8km

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

exits stage left to get a digger to make Annacurra into a bit of an Annagh...

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Pablo-t set off from Clonegal at 4:51. There is an air of the calm before the storm about things at the mo.

Met Jeff & Rob the logistics gurus at the ford on 'leg 7'. Man, there is eventhing you could ever want squashed into that car. Paul sauntered along after 8 with el presidente, Greg and Stephen from Tinehely Tri in tow. I cycled along until above ironbridge. Paul was running well. Icy conditions underfoot at times but otherwise pretty good conditions for running. Best of luck guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Excellent. Couldn't get out myself. It's a very chilly out there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Raighne

jeffontour wrote: »
    Pablo-t set off from Clonegal at 4:51. There is an air of the calm before the storm about things at the mo.

Paul passed through Glendalough with Barry Murray at around 12:56 looking fresh and chatty. So roughly 8 hours 5 minutes and must be just over 50km left.

• Advertisement

It's still on! But needs serious determination from here, which he has in buckets! Come on pablot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

What's his ETA for Marlay Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Raighne

geld wrote: »
    What's his ETA for Marlay Park?

Final results just up on the IMRA forum, he missed the record in the end with 14:04 (1 hour 1 minute down) but the record seems to have been out of reach by Crone Wood going by the postings. The Keith v Tierney battle will continue in 2013 no doubt...

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iamjenko

Some effort all the same! Well Done!

Serious respect for enduros record after seeing the pace pablot was moving early today, and still getting to glenmalure behind the time enduro made I think.

Great effort by pablot though. Just sent him off home, the step out the front door nearly floored him. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Hot off the presses: Winter league 2013 dates...

20 Jan Howth Winter HWW 201m 5km
    26 Jan Ticknock Winter TRW 417m 10km
    10 Feb Annacurra ANN xm xkm
    17 Feb Trooperstown Hill TRP 380m 11km
    2 Mar Maulin Winter League Route MAU 538m8km

Wouldn't mind doing a recce of one or two of these over the couple of days off work at Christmas... would one be able to navigate one's way around with little distress?

claralara wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind doing a recce of one or two of these over the couple of days off work at Christmas... would one be able to navigate one's way around with little distress?

If anyone wanted a jog around the Annacurra route I'd be happy to. This is the route I ran this morning and it'll probably be the race route I stick with.
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/246565596
    Theres a Annagh-like pool at one stage with an option to avoid it by a slower detour in parallel through the trees. I tried the water route this morning and it was so cold. Surprised I didn't see Kurt Godel swimming up there. Seriously though its not deep. Up to the knee at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

If anyone wanted a jog around the Annacurra route I'd be happy to. This is the route I ran this morning and it'll probably be the race route I stick with.
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/246565596
    Theres a Annagh-like pool at one stage with an option to avoid it by a slower detour in parallel through the trees. I tried the water route this morning and it was so cold. Surprised I didn't see Kurt Godel swimming up there. Seriously though its not deep. Up to the knee at best.

Sounds good. Myself and Digger would love to join you at some stage! Will have a look at the calendar this evening and maybe post up a couple of options. Would be good to get a little group together :)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Sport101

Has the WW ever been run as a race? Seems like a natural progression, maybe if points for UTMB were available it would you entice international entrants? they'd probably need some sexy marketing including helicopter fly overs of djouce and the like!

Sport101 wrote: »
    Has the WW ever been run as a race? Seems like a natural progression, maybe if points for UTMB were available it would you entice international entrants? they'd probably need some sexy marketing including helicopter fly overs of djouce and the like!

Its only been run by individuals as solo efforts or in the case of Jane & Graham Porter as a couple to the best of my knowledge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Enduro

We are looking into the possibility of organising a race on the full WW (on the same day as the relay). If it's do-able then it'll go into the calendar for 2013. It would probably be 3 UTMB points. Personally I couldn't see it attracting too many international entrants, but you never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Sport101

Good idea, good buzz around that day too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Full 2013 calendar is up on the IMRA site. Plenty of races to volunteer at!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I see Annagh Hill is back as a championship race.

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Full 2013 calendar is up on the IMRA site. Plenty of races to volunteer at!

Liking the look of the Leinster Champs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

LC looks great, oh for a fresh pair of knees.:)

Annagh will be a longer variant, with some new twists and turns. No getting away from that first climb though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Some tasty looking races. Particularly some great long courses.

Delighted to see Ballinastoe back. That was one of the best races of the year, 60 minutes of wild frantic running.

Resolution for 2013 is to get a couple of championship races in. I've been reading some of the reports for the Circuit of Avonbeg, sounds like a great, if not tortuous, race.

On Fridays episode of Tracks and Trails John Lenihan was Paschal Sheehys guide around a trail he helped design just outside Tralee, only a very brief bit in part 2 of the program.

Edit: And I should add Eoin McKenna also makes an appearance, don't know of him myself but I'm sure there's a few who do.

If any boardsies fancied a recce of the Annacurra race which is the 3rd winter league race (on Feb 9th) I'd be happy to guide ye around. Most weekend mornings should suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭ocnoc

So...many.... awesome races

Where does one start... the LL looks savage! Some right leg breakers in it. The beautiful Avonbeg, the heavenly drop off Fraughen Rock, the short sharp sufferfest that is Tonelagee!

More relays! Wicklow Lakes and Stone Cross.

Be interesting to see who wins in Wicklow Lakes... will a soloist keep clear with a 10min lead? Will 4 females take the win... Could be a real tactical battle on how to set a team up. Should be a great win for CNOC ;)

8375613725_2e3a12c6ed_z.jpg

8375617897_2575a34172_z.jpg

8375616545_e4310fddda_z.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Looks a mite chilly out there

Looks a mite chilly out there
    Its a good chilly, as it firms up the ground

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Dunebuggy

Ran Howth route yesterday. There is a lot of Mud. Road runners may have you on your butt on the final descent. Lovely once you are up and I believe the Tree has now been removed in the Deer park section.

Advertisement