Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirtakon 2012 - 9th - 11th November, The Helix, DCU

Options
  • 24-09-2012 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭

Woo Eirtakon!

We announced our video games section today so I thought I'd throw up a thread so yous can all keep the date free ;) Of most interest to you guys will be the Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, SSF4: AE 2012 and SF2:Turbo (hyperfighting) tournaments which will all take place on Saturday 10th November. There'll also be consoles available for casuals all weekend - feel free to bring whatever games you want to play.

A day ticket costs E20 and a weekend ticket is E30. Entry to the con is free on the Friday!

There will be prizes for 1st and 2nd place in all tournaments. I'll confirm the prizes closer to the time but for now a teaser...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyLPRJZuc6XTYaZ-1QXrAakiCbcnLASup3x33tLnTURSmY-WNiCA

Any questions, post them here! Hope to see you all at the con :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Oh that should be fun to take back to the house for us to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Should be there, though there's a feast of metal scattered about the UK earlier in the week, don't know what I'll get going to or how alive I'll be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Fergus_ wrote: »

If you don't win it, we'll be kicking you out of the house so get practicing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

Fergus_ wrote: »

u can come to my house to play it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

That's a hell of a prize! I would give your right arm for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Better be a vanilla Marvel tourney like last year, remember guys?

b4b6b7faaa6c2422c5a214c56184f5db.png?v=144000

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Monopoly is mine lads, don't even think about it.

Monopoly is mine lads, don't even think about it.

I will legitimally play the game in order to prevent that from happening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

ladnopoka wrote: »
    u can come to my house to play it

Ye thanks, I'll take it with me to your house so we can play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

These tournaments will be available to enter over XBox LIVE right? I have a tradition of being pasted by DooM to keep up don'tchaknow.

• Advertisement

There's been a couple of people asking when the next SF tournament is, and as far as I know, this is it.

If people only want to make one convention for the gaming I would recommend making this one, year after year they push the boat out and make it an awesome day. I'll be there with all the gear anywho.

Interestingly enough, Eirtakon was the tournament that introduced both Fergus and Lythero to the Irish scene, so on that level it'd be good for people to go along and see who we can hook in too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I am tempted.

I don't normally attend conventions, but it's been a while since I've played in a tournament.

There's been a couple of people asking when the next SF tournament is, and as far as I know, this is it.

If people only want to make one convention for the gaming I would recommend making this one, year after year they push the boat out and make it an awesome day. I'll be there with all the gear anywho.

Interestingly enough, Eirtakon was the tournament that introduced both Fergus and Lythero to the Irish scene, so on that level it'd be good for people to go along and see who we can hook in too :)

A Doombot! :eek:

A Doombot! :eek:

You never know when you're talking to the real Doom or a doombot, I thought this was well known :)

Bump! Just over a week to go folks :)

Konata wrote: »
    Bump! Just over a week to go folks :)

It seems pretty likely at this point that I'm going to be there.

Since pre-reg closed ages ago, is there anything we can actually do in the meantime in terms of prep?

I don't like the look of those gallery pictures of the massive massive entrance queues..

Whenever I've got there I've just strolled right in.

It's not like you're going to be hitting the place early for the good toys and panels :)

It seems pretty likely at this point that I'm going to be there.

Since pre-reg closed ages ago, is there anything we can actually do in the meantime in terms of prep?

I don't like the look of those gallery pictures of the massive massive entrance queues..

If you arrive at 10am Saturday morning you'll have to queue. Arrive an hour later and it should be okay. So basically, don't turn up TOO early :P

Gonna be great craic, Retro FG tourneys are mine

• Advertisement

AE starts at 6 pm right? dont wanna be late, or come early :P

ladnopoka wrote: »
    AE starts at 6 pm right? dont wanna be late, or come early :P

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

darn every game is on sat, have to work. any chance you can move ae, marvel and pokemon Black & White 6v6 Smogon WiFi Rules to sunday? :o

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    darn every game is on sat, have to work. any chance you can move ae, marvel and pokemon Black & White 6v6 Smogon WiFi Rules to sunday? :o

You beast!

anyone knows how to get to the helix from kevins street dit?

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

u can get the 17a straight from blanchardstown to dcu

yes but i am in DIT on kevins street on saturday until 4pm...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Get a 16 from Aungiers street or Georges Street and get off near Whitehall Chruch and it's about a 10 minute walk from there.

Jun_DP101 wrote: »

Fighting game on Sunday = everyone in bed :D

Sad but true.

As an aside,I think I've resolved the 720p issue with the hauppage 2, it worked fine if I manually set 1080p as opposed to 720 on the xbox (even if you think you're manually setting it there's some auto features which change stuff). Eirtakon will be a good chance to test it out. However I am having some frame rate issues when using the 1080p passthrough with xsplit. That's tonights work.

I'll bring the shuttle as a back up anyway. The PVR 1 is off recording a friends clan matches in Battlefield at the moment. lol

• Advertisement

Guys, does anyone coming have an AE disc? If you do, please please please bring it!

I also need just an ordinary SSF4 disc as Paul's one is missing but he has AE on the Xbox.

Advertisement