Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Internet

Options
  • 28-08-2012 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

UTV Internet seem to be doing a lot of door-to-door sales again. Sales in Cork seem to be done by a small team based out of an office in Cork.

All I will say is be very careful handing over any details, based on a recent experience.

I would suggest going direct to UTV Internet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I would suggest not signing up with them at all especially if you download a lot I have had awful bother with them since I signed up with them in July. I have had to forward the matter to comreg. All I want to do at this stage is get out of the contract with them (which their terms and conditions allow) and I am not being allowed. The salesperson also lied to me about the "unlimited" download alowance which is 70gb not 300gb as he said. AVOID.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Hmmmmmm.......

I signed up to them bones of 2 months ago via a door to door salesperson....................and have heard nothing since. Called their support the other day who said they would ring back. I'm still waiting! Nothing taken from my account though.

OP: could you expand, even by PM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Hmmmmmm.......

I signed up to them bones of 2 months ago via a door to door salesperson....................and have heard nothing since. Called their support the other day who said they would ring back. I'm still waiting! Nothing taken from my account though.

OP: could you expand, even by PM?

I had to cancel my order with UTV guy a few hours after I signed up... he said "no bother"... few weeks later I realise I have been moved over to UTV, causing major problems with contracts with the previous provider.

Half my own fault admittedly, but the sales guy ("Timmy") was useless in dealing with the situation and talked out his hat saying "not to worry about it, that service cannot move over if you are in a contract with someone else"!

They have a "Rory" and a "Brent" in the office in Cork also. About as useful as a .....

My only complaint is with the sales team in Cork. I never really got a chance to have a problem with UTV themselves!

^^I finally managed to get out of my contract this morning. UTV actually phoned me this morning (which is a shock in itself) Interestingly the guy said that there were issues with the sales reps in the south and that they no longer employ them. Said they had caused them a lot of bother. It sounded like they contracted them through some other company. Between the dodgy salespeople and bad service, UTV are doing themselves no favours in this neck of the woods.

UTV finally rang me on Saturday. No sign of my order in the system. Hopefully things should run OK now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

lindtee wrote: »
    I would suggest not signing up with them at all especially if you download a lot I have had awful bother with them since I signed up with them in July. I have had to forward the matter to comreg. All I want to do at this stage is get out of the contract with them (which their terms and conditions allow) and I am not being allowed. The salesperson also lied to me about the "unlimited" download alowance which is 70gb not 300gb as he said. AVOID.

Genuinely, why don't you send them back the equipment, tell them they have breached their own contract by changing the terms and tell them to sue you if they wish to dispute it any further.

I did this with Magnet as as soon as I did they just shut up and never contacted me again.

The 75GB 'unlimited' (LOL) allowance is mentioned on their website alright (although obviously you shouldn't need to be checking that if they use a reputable marketing company).

It is all sorted but I wish that I hadn't paid them a penny for July/August especially hearing about Padraig Mor's deal on another UTV thread. The fight went on for 6 weeks to try and get out of it. As I hope to apply for a mortgage within the next couple of years, I don't want any strikes against my credit rating so I had to really go through the proper channels.

Unfortunatley by the time I noticed about the download allowance being 75gb I was with them a few days and well beyond the 7 day cooling off. But seriously given that the unlimited download allowance of other companies is 200-300gb, it didn't even occur to me to doubt your man when he said 300gb. What a shower...I better unsubsribe from all these UTV threads cause I am only making myself cross!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cazzy9

I signed up with UTV internet on the 25th of July and I am still waiting on the line to be activated...... Their customer service is a joke, every time I ring they can never seem to help me over the phone they always have to get someone to ring me back, usually about 3 days later. After reading all the above comments I am cancelling my DD tommorow and I am also cancelling my UTV internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

cazzy9 wrote: »
    I signed up with UTV internet on the 25th of July and I am still waiting on the line to be activated...... Their customer service is a joke, every time I ring they can never seem to help me over the phone they always have to get someone to ring me back, usually about 3 days later. After reading all the above comments I am cancelling my DD tommorow and I am also cancelling my UTV internet.

To be fair to UTV themselves, they dealt with my issue quite efficiently when they got hold of it.

It's the shower of clowns selling their product are doing the damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 rebel3redz

cazzy9 wrote: »
    good luck with cancelling it,i tried cancelling after getting billed for 100 euros for a service i never got and bank told me i couldnt cancel the dd until they take the 1st payment,phoned utv and eventually they didnt take the money out of the bank but got billed just last thursday for 258 euro even tho i cancelled,ended up going into the conmen sales people that had called 2 my door and had 2 threaten them with a solicitor if any money was taken from my account,they now have been fired but their office is upstairs in the building 17 south mall,after spending another hour on to utv looks like i have finally got somewhere but still gotta keep going into the bank and checking that no one has applied 2 take the money out for the next 2 weeks on the advice of the staff at aib,total disaster

Advertisement