Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Wet & Blustery (Friday 24th Aug) Munster & South Leinster

• 23-08-2012 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭

Another area of low pressure to scrape the south coast from early tomorrow morning. Some heavy and possible embedded thundery showers expected.
    Southerly winds gusting 60km veering to the West as the low moves further East. The Rain is expected to move inland where id imagine 25mm possible 30mms of rain can be expected in some places over the course of the day. This could lead to some minor problems on already saturated ground.

Area of highest instability for risk of thunder currently is in the SE tomorrow afternoon .

218158.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Looking good for the South East... 1100 j/kg of CAPE and a lifted index of -4 for tomorrow afternoon if the GFS is to be believed! :)

218159.png

An upgrade for storm risk in the south tomorrow afternoon, will be an interesting one to keep an eye on! :D Not often we see these CAPE and LI values here.

218174.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    An upgrade for storm risk in the south tomorrow afternoon, will be an interesting one to keep an eye on! :D Not often we see these CAPE and LI values here.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/358152/218174.png

Be careful now , cant all put it down to LI and cape sure remember this?!

546352_10150989966951718_1728278749_n.jpg

there was only the odd thunderstorm from that! ha

I know :( But it shows potential right? Its been 4 weeks without a storm down here, please don't crush my dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

I know :( But it shows potential right? Its been 4 weeks without a storm down here, please don't crush my dreams.

Im sure there ll be some random sparkys about the place but wouldnt say lone cells will be the order of the day.

Speaking of dreams! , i had yet another storm chase dream where i got an amazing photo of a tornado just up the road from me in a field!
    It was a front page seller ! haha

....... then i woke up...... :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Thor shall impose his wrath on the SE tomorrow!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,581 ✭✭✭eigrod

Batten down your tall ships ?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

I know this is kind of an "In my backyard" question, but any possibility of any thunderstorm activity down around the Dingle peninsula from this? Down for a few days and would love to see some sparks coming in off the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,904 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Have we broken any records yet? I was up about 7am and its now 2pm and I don't think it has stopped raining at all (Tramore, Waterford, I can hear the rain beating on a glass roof) for 7 hours, and no signs of stopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,210 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

looksee wrote: »
    Have we broken any records yet? I was up about 7am and its now 2pm and I don't think it has stopped raining at all (Tramore, Waterford, I can hear the rain beating on a glass roof) for 7 hours, and no signs of stopping.

just keep it down there allright

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Torrential rain in Waterford City for a time giving a rainfall rate of 86.0mm/hr. Also 23.6mm in 2 hours and 32.4mm since midnight. Wettest day of the year so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Its raining so hard here in Carlow that visibility is no more than a few feet at the moment.

Fairly regular thunder in Wexford for the last 30 mins or so. Heavy rain also. Told ya so! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Fairly regular thunder in Wexford for the last 30 mins or so. Heavy rain also. Told ya so! :P

No thunder in Enniscorthy but non stop rain which has gotten steadily heavier as the day has gone on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Iancar29 wrote: »

Speaking of dreams! , i had yet another storm chase dream where i got an amazing photo of a tornado just up the road from me in a field!

I took a sample of Iancar's blood (whilst he wasn't looking) and had it sent to a high tech laboratory in the States to be analyzed. The results were shocking YET unsurprising: His blood is riddled with tornadic cells.

218291.jpg

Fortunately, there is no known cure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The back garden is verging on unplayable! Underwater at the bottom.

zerks wrote: »
    No thunder in Enniscorthy but non stop rain which has gotten steadily heavier as the day has gone on.

Began around the Rosslare area, headed north across the Harbour up to Curracloe, gone out of earshot for me. Not sure if it's still ongoig.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looks like it has died. Last strike was around 35 minutes ago (or maybe it's just in the buffet car on the train ;)).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 Red Star Bellend

Much rain expected for the north east tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

got absolutely soaked at the tall ships today, then took 2 hours to get from bray to arklow. i never saw rain as heavy as i saw today especially around wicklow town at about 7pm

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement