Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest 14 - Mardyke Bar, Sheares Street, Cork - 1 / 9 / 2012

Options
  • 22-08-2012 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

It's being a while since the last Tempest, I know. Also, the date is 1 week later than planned as I felt putting the original planned date of the 25th of August on everyone at this stage simply wouldn't be fair as it would be too short of a notice.

We've also got a new ( slightly cheaper ) venue, all thanks to the efforts of Shokashi; The Maradyke. What's more, we're also getting more bang for our buck as he has being able to secure us a package that includes free food and drink ( soda in this case. )

The time for the event is from 12pm to 5pm. We'll be opening at 12pm for registration and casuals and will be beginning the tournament at 1pm, all going to plan.

If anyone can bring equipment ( ie, Xboxes, monitors, speakers, etc. ) Then please let us know here.

Here is a map as to the location of the venue in relation to the train station and the bus station;

fW63J.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Rules are as follows:

SSFIV:

Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.

The tournament format is a group stage followed by a double elimination brackets stage.

Each match will be best of 3 games and each game is best of 3 rounds. The third game of a match will only be played in the event of a tie after the second game. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.

Time is set to 99 seconds.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each set. However once a set has started they may only change characters after losing a game. The winner of the first game must stick to the character they started the game with and may only change if he loses the second game, in which case the winner of the second game must then stick to the character he used in the second game.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed.

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

10. No food can be eaten in the venue that was not bought on the premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

thanks misty

it took a few days but i found a place that is better so i was told.
    also to point out there will also be finger foods for us to munch on and soft drinks and a cake if we want, but its up to you guys ill see if we can change the cake for more finger foods for every one.

ok there may be a big screen for us to play on also as for the time there, the person who i was talking to about hiring the place out us said that she will get back to me within the next 2 days about the times we can run it, i did mention that all we need is a 12 to 5 if that for us to do out gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Silver Steeez

Sweet the Mardyke is right around the corner from where i live, i would offer my tv but its a 46 inch and don't fancy lugging it around i will bring my xbox tho and if the Mardyke is going to be the new regular we can store some community stuff at mine. Its a shame the Cork scene isnt abit bigger you've hit the jackpot with the free finger food and drinks :pac:

Sweet the Mardyke is right around the corner from where i live, i would offer my tv but its a 46 inch and don't fancy lugging it around i will bring my xbox tho and if the Mardyke is going to be the new regular we can store some community stuff at mine. Its a shame the Cork scene isnt abit bigger you've hit the jackpot with the free finger food and drinks :pac:

how else am i suppose to get you guys to come, gaming is not enough, so i got them to give us food and drink, what better way to lure in the gamers with free food and what not :p

as for the equipment i am sorted on that, i got a car to bring it back and fourth from the city, this will be all explained at the venue on the 1st of sept

sorry if i am being vague but all will be sorted till then mate

thanks for the offer steeez

hey guys, i need some able bodies to help out on this weekend promoting tempest, all i need is 2 people with me to help pass out a few flyers and to build up the index of fighters who don't know about this tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Shokashi wrote: »
    hey guys, i need some able bodies to help out on this weekend promoting tempest, all i need is 2 people with me to help pass out a few flyers and to build up the index of fighters who don't know about this tournament.

If someone wants to post about it on Randomselect.ie, you can PM PPC and kindly ask him for posting access on the main website.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Cheers for calling me Shokashi, wasn't aware there was anything going on.
    I'm not sure if I can make it into town on Saturday but if no one else will volunteer, I'll sacrifice some plans and contribute to the cause and help out. What time and where would we meet up?

Mardyke is a sick venue, nice find man. I shall be at Tempest most certainly!
    Also, what time will Tempest be starting at and finishing at?

EDIT: Aghh! I'm going to a christening Saturday from 12pm - 4:30pm. Apologies.
    See you all @ Tempest.

WasterEx wrote: »
    Cheers for calling me Shokashi, wasn't aware there was anything going on.
    I'm not sure if I can make it into town on Saturday but if no one else will volunteer, I'll sacrifice some plans and contribute to the cause and help out. What time and where would we meet up?

Mardyke is a sick venue, nice find man. I shall be at Tempest most certainly!
    Also, what time will Tempest be starting at and finishing at?

EDIT: Aghh! I'm going to a christening Saturday from 12pm - 4:30pm. Apologies.
    See you all @ Tempest.

no worries mate, these thing happen :p

so far we got myself and misty chaos and hopefully steeez too, and steeez if you can try and ask gouke to see if he is willing to help out this Saturday.

also thanks guys for helping out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Just to say on thread I'll be at Tempest but it's my birthday Saturday and I have stuff planned for it so I won't be around. If you have some of those fliers left over and gave them to some one who would be around town during the week I'll meet them and stick some up on the notice boards in CIT.

CONFIRMED..... we have the time sorted out. From 12 to 5 at the mardyke for Saturday the 1st of September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Not bad or was it just luck? I might bring up to two extra people also! Hypest tempest ever. Unfortunately tomorrow I have to watch the dogs at my parents house to ensure they don't run about killing sheep and what have you.

Me and misty are in the city doing very.poorly, could be better if the rain was not fecking making people leave The city. We got a bunch of flyers in the mardyke and the web work house. And we have 200 left to hand out. Stupid weather :p

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

Cool, I hope to make this Tempest. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Huzzah~

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

Fair play boys. Great venue that. Hopefully we'll have a good turn-out. I've got an Xbox and a Copy of the game if needed.

Ahhh yes I forgot about the equipment, we have one big screen in there and we have the one spare monitor too. On that note who ever has the monitor please make sure you bring it, otherwise it will be a very long tournament on one screen and casuals would be a pain. Plus if any one has a spare screen they can bring it would be very helpful. I got my xbox and we need one more for the big screen. I'll let you know if we need more if we can get an extra screen. Thanks guys

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Nice venue guys! I'm completely skint so won't be making the trip down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I have the monitor and will bring it along, might be able to bring my other T.V. too if there will be enough xboxes?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Nice venue guys! I'm completely skint so won't be making the trip down :(

Go on sure you can. Rob The bank or rob some locals :p

mackg wrote: »
    I have the monitor and will bring it along, might be able to bring my other T.V. too if there will be enough xboxes?

If you could bring the extra screen that would be perfect. Thanks for that Mack

We need another xbox if Mack brings the screen and a copy of street fighter ae too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

We can bring one from steez's house too. Don't we have at least two community monitors though?

raah! wrote: »
    We can bring one from steez's house too. Don't we have at least two community monitors though?

We did. But one was my pc monitor and I sold my pc a while back. So now we are left with one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Here's a quick picture showing people what part of the building they need to enter this Saturday. I'll have signs inside showing people where to go should the need arise.

unqGr.png

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Valormeer

I may pop down, Any chance of some Marvel casual's?

Valormeer wrote: »

there may be, if we get the screens and xbox set ups to 3+ there should be no problem, you may need to bring a copy of the game cause i dont have one

i was called up toady by the mardyke about the venue, as its all sorted she did say one extra thing to me that was not previously mentioned.
    Please bring I.D with you so that they can make sure you are over 18. if you are under tell me and ill try and sort it out with them

Will there be a Playstation there as well? I only have it on playstation :P

Will there be a Playstation there as well? I only have it on playstation :P

sorry to say there is no playstation there, but do not fear, we have a ps2 pad converter for the xbox if you are used to the control layout of the playstation pad

to point out we do have a resident marvel vs capcom player call nevlinn who shows up for these event to help support tempest, i am sure he would love to play mvc with you, unless you have a ps vita then i could play with you too as i own mvc on that

• Advertisement

Nice yeah I do like the Ps3 Pad more but I'll bring down a Ps2 Pad for AE then. Hopefully get some Mahval games in if Niv shows up. I'll bring along my Vita as well :P I do have Umvc3 on that

Advertisement