Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a fighting game

Options
  • 04-08-2012 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi I'm looking for a fighting game. I'm looking for a game that has a good online community and is not filled with d$ckh£@ds, as not to many of my friends play fighting games and want a good multiplayer experience. I really liked the Tekken games on ps2 never got around to buying them on ps3 whats the online community like on the Tekken games for ps3. I also recently emulated Street Fighter 2 and liked whats the multiplayer like on Street Fighter IV. I never played any of the Soul Caliber games so what are they like.
    Thans :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Version 2012 - best fighting game

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition 2012 is probably the most played fighting game around these parts, certainly has the most active online community.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

paulc98 wrote: »
    good online community
    not filled with d$ckh£@ds

Not happening lol.

There's plenty of decent folks on boards to play against but random online-ers are always going to be mostly douches no matter what game you play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I'd say your best bet for good community is sf4 and marvel. If you like tekken then tekken tag tournament 2 will be out soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 paulc98

what game do people play most on in boards

• Advertisement

Basically all the games that have been mentioned so far.

There's a few people who play King of Fighters, also a good few playing Mortal Kombat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

what game do people play most on in boards

Among people on boards SSF4: AE 2012 is probably the most played and competitive fighting game, after that it's Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3
    AE's online play is definetly the most active*
    and then the 3rd game is kinda tough to choose

Lots of FG's are played and each have an active community to a degree;
    • Soul Calibar 5
    • Tekken 6
    • Mortal Kombat 9
    • King of Fighters XIII
    And of course we still have ST vets[Street Fighter II] hanging about that will definetly play if the games on offer

Try them all out and see what interests you:D

idk which of AE and UMVC3 has less d******** though sorry:pac:

Hate to sound like such a noob but whats AE:o.

Hate to sound like such a noob but whats AE:o.

Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition version 2012 is called AE for short.

Is there a difference between versions.

• Advertisement

Is there a difference between versions.

yup, you'll need to either buy an arcade edition disc or a super Street Fighter 4 disc with the AE DLC. The 2012 patch is a free download on top of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Hi I'm looking for a fighting game. I'm looking for a game that has a good online community and is not filled with d$ckh£@ds, as not to many of my friends play fighting games and want a good multiplayer experience. I really liked the Tekken games on ps2 never got around to buying them on ps3 whats the online community like on the Tekken games for ps3. I also recently emulated Street Fighter 2 and liked whats the multiplayer like on Street Fighter IV. I never played any of the Soul Caliber games so what are they like.
    Thans :D

if you're in the Dublin region, you should come around for offline meetings/casuals. they usually take place 1-2 times a week. its a great way to meet people of similar interests and to level up quickly. everyones friendly so you needn't worry about looking like "a noob" as we're all at different skill levels.
    ladnopoka: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Version 2012 - best fighting game

tumblr_m6rrraIWWl1raz4e2o2_500.jpg

To the OP: Come along to a casuals in XGC. Saturdays are usually good, they're upstairs from about 3pm, and they generally get busy round 4 or 5 and go on for a few hours if there's a decent crowd. The skill level is generally pretty high but everybody's friendly and helpful, and there are usually newer players around (me for instance) if you want to play some more even matches.

As a game to play, I would recommend (deep breath) super street fighter 4 arcade edition version 2012 (or just "AE" for short). It's easy to get into and understand the basics of quickly, but it gets very very deep and complex the more you learn, and there's always plenty of people playing it on or offline. If you're buying it your best bet is probably amazon or online somewhere, you can get it pretty cheap now. Don't buy any of the previous versions (street fighter 4 or super street fighter 4), the arcade edition, and the free download 2012 balance patch is what everybody is playing currently, and is the most balanced and enjoyable version.

Buying a disc based version (as opposed to DLC versions) is the handiest option if you plan to go along to offline meetings, tourneys, etc, because you can bring it with you.

Advertisement