Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odeon Blanchardstown

Options
  • 22-07-2012 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Im going up to Odeon Blanch tomoroow to see TDKR on the iSense screen. Have heard a lot of bad things re seating and screen visability in the iSense in the Point Theatre.

Is the Blanch one the same or better? Anyone been? Any advice? Just dont want to ruin the movie on myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

Hey OP,

Heres a complaint email I sent to them when I went to Batman on Saturday Morning.

Hello,

My name is John and I am a big cinema fan especially of the Isense screens.

I went to the Dark Knight Rises screening in Blanchardstown at 10:00am on Saturday morning. However when the film started the spotlights in the theater and just over the screen stayed on making the room far too bright for a cinema experience. This provoked some of the audience shouting to have the lights turned off. It was so off putting that I had to leave the theater to ask a staff member if they forgot to turn the lights off. He just said no.

When the film was over I asked the clean up crew why they had to keep the lights on and was told as there was no lights on the stairs that they had to leave the spot lights on.

It really took away from the enjoyment of the film and will seriously make me go elsewhere to see a film that I expect to get a full cinema experience from. I noticed other people leaving and coming back in with a staff member and pointing to the lights.

If it is a case of putting those tiny red lights on the steps then perhaps that should be given serious thought.

I dont recall those lights being on when I went to see the Avengers in the Isense screen and also when at the Point Village Odean.

Usually I would nt complain and on the day the staff appeared to agree with me.

However it took away from what is usually a reliable cinema.

Kind regards,

John

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

Heres some of their reply.....

.......The reason our lighting is left at a dimmed level during the movie is for health and safety reason during the movie to allow our guest safe entry and exit of the screen. The lighting we have here in our screen number one is the same as in Odeon Point Village but I believe it may have looked brighter for this movie as The Dark Knight Rises is such a dark movie.

On receipt from your feedback I have contacted our sound and projection engineers to see if we could possibly lower the lighting in the screen and still maintain a safe movie environment for our guests. ......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I saw The Dark Knight Rises there yesterday (Blanch Screen 1) in the afternoon and the lights were out for the film - in fact, when the credits rolled they still had all the lights off and I had to use the flashlight on my phone to light the steps to make my way out :) So at least you know they listened to your feedback!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The lack of lights on the steps is very bad design. The cleaning lights should never be left on during the film. I've occasionally been in Vue when the cleaning staff have forgotten to turn them off and there's no way you could watch the film that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fiddle Castro

Was at the Sat. night screening in Blanch & the level of lighting really took away from the experience of it all.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that for The Avengers & 100% sure for Promethius.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Anyone confirm blanch has dimmed the lights since the op feedback? I was going to go Friday afternoon...

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

lunacyfoundme, mind feeding back about the TDKR you saw at the iSense?

I'm itching to see this here in Mullingar, but I could put it off for a trip to dublin at the weekend if the iSense is worth the experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭fearcruach

platinums wrote: »
    lunacyfoundme, mind feeding back about the TDKR you saw at the iSense?

I'm itching to see this here in Mullingar, but I could put it off for a trip to dublin at the weekend if the iSense is worth the experience?

I saw TDKR in iSense Blanchardstown. The screen is pretty big but not mindblowing. Sound was good but again not mindblowing. Also they have got the gradient all wrong. The heads of people in the row below you are at the bottom of your vision. If you have someone tall sitting below you then good luck!

I wouldn't come from Mullingar for it tbh. I'm going to go see it during the week in a standard screen and I don't think i'll notice a major difference.

fearcruach wrote: »
    I saw TDKR in iSense Blanchardstown. The screen is pretty big but not mindblowing. Sound was good but again not mindblowing. Also they have got the gradient all wrong. The heads of people in the row below you are at the bottom of your vision. If you have someone tall sitting below you then good luck!

I wouldn't come from Mullingar for it tbh. I'm going to go see it during the week in a standard screen and I don't think i'll notice a major difference.

What was the darkness levels like in the cinema during the screening?

A few have complained that 'cleaning lights' were left on during the film - Did you experience this in Blanch iSense?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

ha i watched it in screen 1 of blanch's odeon too. Ye the light was weirdly left on at first but they turned it off after awhile and they didnt turn the light on when the credit rolled so i just take out my phone for lightning.

Is that what so called an IMAX screen?? The effect is quite good but i am not sure if it was any different from the usual one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

thanks fearcauch, very helpful.

seraphimvc wrote: »
    ha i watched it in screen 1 of blanch's odeon too. Ye the light was weirdly left on at first but they turned it off after awhile and they didnt turn the light on when the credit rolled so i just take out my phone for lightning.

Is that what so called an IMAX screen?? The effect is quite good but i am not sure if it was any different from the usual one.

I sent Odeon a mail today about times and about the house lights left on and they replied with this:

Any issues regarding the lighting are best addressed at the cinema before the performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

How can you address it before the performance when the lights are meant to go down when it starts? :rolleyes:
    These multiplexes don't give a toss really!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Arcee

I went to see the Avengers there and really liked the isense screen experience. I had been steering clear of UCI because it was just a kip - dirty seats, sticky floors, bad sound but since Odeon took over it's much improved. I thought the sound in the isense screen was incredible and it was totally dark during the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

The lighting definitely isn't great in their screens...and they also charge ridiculously overpriced tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I enjoyed my first experience of the iSense Screen 1 in blanch on Wednesday evening....would go again & getting the 15% off price of premium ticket with Odeon card is handy!

Advertisement