Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour De Burren

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

7478634710_dd5d8cb8e9_b.jpg
    Is that Martin Earley on the right?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

A few stewards or even a bit of common sense on behalf of the riders would solve a lot of problems. If cyclists have to walk up a steep hill keep to one side, there were a few stewards at a water stop on top of that first climb on the 110 Km, just one of them further down would have solved a lot of problems.

Would very much agree with your comments here , Dont think its too much to ask anyone to keep to the left if they stop or have to walk

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rossie2012

I did the 160 km in the burren its tough but very worth while. We took our time no racing invloved made it up all the hills, it was my first one to do and only did three long cycles beforehand. Going to do the meath cycle on July 29th, does anyone know how this compares to the burren easier or harder ?. Pity its on a sunday though with work etc the next day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Can only find this old thread any idea of the drive time to the start line from Dublin?
    22nd of June 2013 event

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

Can only find this old thread any idea of the drive time to the start line from Dublin?
    22nd of June 2013 event

www.aaroadwatch.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Dooish

I done the big one last year and enjoyed it even though I thought I never make it home. Hope the weather is better than last year where it rain for most of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Barrym697

Bought a bike last week just registered for the 160km spin, longest iv done in the last week is 45km but didn't phase me, looking forward to this challenge!!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Sean Farrell

So when is the Tour on this year. can anyone recommend any devent B&B's near the start. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Sean Farrell

Eh..a freudian slip there not "deviant" B&B's ( need the energy for cycling only) but decent B&B's..

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

So when is the Tour on this year.

Saturday 21st June ..... http://www.tourdeburren.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement