Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you know anyone who is in prison?

• 13-03-2012 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭

Do you know anyone who is a criminal and if so how do you feel about it? Were you shocked when you heard? Are they your friends or even your own family? If they have been sentenced, do you feel it was just?

It got me thinking today because someone in my year at school is currently in prison for dealing Class A drugs. He was always a bit of a prick at school.
    It's amusing because he has a facebook page still activated and everybody's writing on his wall saying Alright mate no long time no see!, Keep your soap on a rope etc. :D

So come on boardsies let's hear your stories. :cool:

P.S. Make sure you don't advocate any criminal activity otherwise a mod will shut this thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Does an emotional prison count?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Does an emotional prison count?

Of course :cool:

This is a thread for boardsies to open up. I want to read some good stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

No I don't know any prisoners as there are no prisoners in D4land :P :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

No because I'm not a knacker.

Mod note, user banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

My step son was inside for almost 3 years for over 70 charges of theft, drugs etc. He went of the rails for a good few years, hopefully things seem to be working out for him now, in treatment centre etc. Tbh when he went in it was relief as he was out of control.

As for the facebook mention, one of his friends was in for aggrivated burglary and was constantly updating his page " via iphone " so doesn't say much for the regulations. Having said that, the updates were pretty much the same every time : )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

prison Forum?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

A cousin of mine is in prison, that's not to say I know her though. Think I've only met her on a couple of occasions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

My babysitter did 14 years for murder.

Nobody ****ed with us as kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Sindri wrote: »

If I know someone who is in prison does that makes me a knacker?
    You can't help who you are related to, you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

A cousin of mine is in prison, that's not to say I know her though. Think I've only met her on a couple of occasions.

I have family members who've been inside too. One's actually been involved with the Irish Mob in Boston. But would rather not delve too much into it on an internet forum where any fecker could read it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

A friend of a friend who met a couple of times is in for murder. At least I think it's murder. Could be manslaughter

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Juicyfruit

What an ignorant thing to say.

hondasam wrote: »
    You can't help who you are related to, you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family.

Yes, yes it does. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

No, don't know anyone doing time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Not at the moment, knew a couple of lads who were sent down for various "political" and "fundrasing" activities back in the 90s. Funny what a bad dose of "beliefs" can do to a fella :pac:

I'm sure I'd think of more but they wouldnt be people I'd know that well..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Always trolling away you are! Maybe pick your moments, watch a little less South Park. Things don't work like that in the real world.

A guy in my year in school is currently in prison for violently assaulting and raping a woman. Absolutely horrific to here about it. He was always a cheeky little prick with this **** eating monkey grin but you never think someone would do something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

:rolleyes:

If you know someone who is a pr!ck, does that make you one aswell?

I know you are having a laugh or at least I think you are.

I know people in prison one close family member who has hopefully learned from his mistakes.
    Someone I know well was sentenced to 7yrs recently and I was a bit shocked when I heard why but not surprised, he is not a knacker just a normal person.

lastlaugh wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

If you know someone who is a pr!ck, does that make you one aswell?

That would depend, are you closely acquainted with them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Juicyfruit wrote: »
    What an ignorant thing to say.
    Lol at the people with relations in prison.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

That would depend, are you closely acquainted with them?

It's a she, and both of us are?

I know you are having a laugh or at least I think you are.

I know people in prison one close family member who has hopefully learned from his mistakes.
    Someone I know well was sentenced to 7yrs recently and I was a bit shocked when I heard why but not surprised, he is not a knacker just a normal person.

Yeah, it was more a satirical reference to the fact that if your from a working class background or come from a bad area you're more likely to be convicted and receive a longer sentence.

Yeah, it was more a satirical reference to the fact that if your from a working class background are come from a bad area you're more likely to be convicted and receive a longer sentence.
    you talk out loud to your computer don't you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

Yeah, I know someone who was found guilty of murder. It was quite a shock at the time, still hard to get my head around it.

J.

Babybuff wrote: »
    you talk out loud to your computer don't you

Humour fail I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Yep. And when I was young and impressionable I went to visit him. We used to write to eachother too but I've had no contact with him for years now. He'll be there for another while yet. In a sense I feel sorry for him, the world will be a completely changed place when he eventually gets out.
    And yes the crime shocked me. Which is why my sympathy quickly runs out.

Humour fail I'm afraid.
    oh I'm not trying to be funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

I met a neighbour of mine in the pub over Christmas and was chatting away saying "oh how's the boys, are they all keeping well?" (they'd be roughly my age) and she was giving me funny looks.
    Went back to my table and my sister informed me all 3 of them were in prison for various robbing type offences...... :o

I think she thought I was pulling the piss.

Yeah, it was more a satirical reference to the fact that if your from a working class background or come from a bad area you're more likely to be convicted and receive a longer sentence.

LOL now I'm working class and live in a rough area :D
    Keep digging I'm amused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I do. Not in prison yet but will be hopefully soon. Its a sibling who has committed a horrific crime against a person and I never want to speak to him again. He is dead to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Do you know anyone who is a criminal

Yep, know loads of people involved in FF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

none of my family are in prison but there are people in prison i know e.g. my old 4th class teacher

Lol at the people with relations in prison.:D

What do you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

The first night's the toughest, no doubt about it. They march you in naked as the day you were born, skin burning and half blind from that delousing **** they throw on you.

lastlaugh wrote: »
    It's a she, and both of us are?

The poor structure of your post, the clarification of an unasked question and your (possibly) improperly inserted question mark would lead me to believe you are a Cartesian.

• Advertisement

Humour fail I'm afraid.

Ah Mr. Pot! Please meet Mr. Kettle. I'm sure you have a lot in common.

I wouldn't go attacking a perfectly understandable 8 word sentance either really. Come off it already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I do, wont go into things because he would be well known to people on one of the forums. Got done for dealing class A's, he's a nice guy but he was never very subtle about what he was doing. He is paying the price now, hopefully when he gets out in a few years he will still be the same guy and get back into the sport he loves so much. He'll have paid his dues to society by then and I wont judge him for his mistakes.

Babybuff wrote: »
    oh I'm not trying to be funny.

So what mind numbingly enigmatic implication are you attempting my dear?

So what mind numbingly enigmatic implication are you attempting my dear?

I think he/she is trying to say you are a knob, clear enough for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

A friends husband is currently in the joy. He gets out in about 30 minutes. His shift finishes at 4 o'clock.

• Advertisement

eviltwin wrote: »
    I think he/she is trying to say you are a knob, clear enough for you?

Well ex-squeeze me, someone's got sand in their vagina. :rolleyes:

There's one prancing tool in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I was sent to prison for a crime I didn't commit with a bunch of my comrades. We promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, we survive as soldiers of fortune.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find us, maybe you can hire the C-Team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

I do. Not in prison yet but will be hopefully soon. Its a sibling who has committed a horrific crime against a person and I never want to speak to him again. He is dead to me.

And your the eviltwin.

I don't know anyone in prison at the moment, but i'm a neighbour of a former anglo chairman so her's hoping any day now i will.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Jesus, and you're the eviltwin?

Jesus, and you're the eviltwin?

Yep. Its weird. I never would have expected this person to do what they did - child sexual abuse. Never saw a single sign, never saw it coming. We come from a decent family, my parents would be the type to go back to the shop if they got a cent too much back in their change. It has torn our family apart, half took the side of the victim, half still believe the abuser is innocent so for all the snide jokes the reality is pretty horrible for all concerned. Of course his victim is the one really suffering and I just hope she is finding a way to move on with her life.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Juicyfruit

Yep. Its weird. I never would have expected this person to do what they did - child sexual abuse. Never saw a single sign, never saw it coming. We come from a decent family, my parents would be the type to go back to the shop if they got a cent too much back in their change. It has torn our family apart, half took the side of the victim, half still believe the abuser is innocent so for all the snide jokes the reality is pretty horrible for all concerned. Of course his victim is the one really suffering and I just hope she is finding a way to move on with her life.

Jesus, that's awful. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

As for the facebook mention, one of his friends was in for aggrivated burglary and was constantly updating his page " via iphone " so doesn't say much for the regulations. Having said that, the updates were pretty much the same every time : )

What sort of stuff does he post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

A friend of mine went missing a few years ago. Nobody knew where he was. he was gone for about 2 months, his family didn't even know where he was.

Turned out he had been in south america living the high life. he was sent over by some dublin drug dealer to bring back a load of coke. He got from paraguay to frankfurt, frankfurt to paris and was sitting on the plane in paris when he was taken off the plane and arrested.

He ended up getting a 5 year sentence and done about 2 and a half years of it. He had some crazy stories to tell about the paris prison.

He told me about a fella called pirate who would go around stabbing people over the smallest things.

He was fluent in french when he got out and also, the drug dealer who sent him over was murdered so he didn't owe out any money when he got back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I was the court clerk one day when a guy from my year in secondary school got sentenced to a few months. That felt a bit awkward.

Our whole family thinks one of our cousins is in prison in America, nobody has seen or heard from the guy in over 10 years and his mother isn't very forthcoming on info as to what he's up to. She'll talk the ear off you telling you what his sister is doing though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement