Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eSports Event: SFIV:AE Tourney

Options
  • 20-11-2011 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

Howdy ya'll. Theres an eSports event going on at Ballyfemot college in a good few months. I'm looking to you guys for interest for the event..
    The event is sponsored by RedBull, E.A Sports and hopefully Capcom, Microsoft games and Activision.

I've been asked to hold numerous of Xbox tournaments over a 3 or 4 day period and one of the events I'm going to hold is a SFIV:AE tournament.

The set up for the console's will be run off a 19'' or 22'' pc monitor with VGA cables. Sound will be through headphones or speakers. I cant change the set up unfortunately.. I'm trying to get a hold of the colleges projectors for casual and final matches.
    It will be run in double elimination over a 2 day span, since there will be other games being played on consoles it would be hard enough to get the tournament done in one day.

As of now theres not to many details, obviously I will be updating this thread with more info when ever I get on the event.

Here are the gallery pictures of the last eSports event.
    [URL="http://www.tek-9.org/gallery/dublin_esports_event_4-6-
    187/"]Gallery1[/URL]
    Gallery2
    Gallery3
    Gallery4
    Gallery5
    Gallery6

If anyone has any questions about it just ask..

So what say you all? Interest?

Interested? 3 votes

Yay
    0% 0 votes
    Nay
    100% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wtfbenson

The Capcom sponsorship has definitely piqued my interest however I don't think you will be able to find much support outside of the Dublin area due to the 2 day timeframe on the event and the location being outside of the downtown area. It would essentially mean spending the weekend in Dublin which requires a decent amount of commitment for what will likely be a smaller tournament (by that I mean it will likely be comprised of the usual tournament participants). I suppose, and this is me speaking on my own behalf, it would come down to what else was there. Would there be any other fighting game tournaments? If it's sponsored by Capcom will there be a copy of sf x tekken to play while there?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Well I am a massive follower and believer in all e-sports (watching MLG atm) so I would be interested in attending this event even if we did not get a tourney. If we did get one I would show up to show off my scrubby skill and then enjoy the rest of the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If there is a copy of SFxT, WILL ANYONE CARE?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

wtfbenson wrote: »
    The Capcom sponsorship has definitely piqued my interest however I don't think you will be able to find much support outside of the Dublin area due to the 2 day timeframe on the event and the location being outside of the downtown area. It would essentially mean spending the weekend in Dublin which requires a decent amount of commitment for what will likely be a smaller tournament (by that I mean it will likely be comprised of the usual tournament participants). I suppose, and this is me speaking on my own behalf, it would come down to what else was there. Would there be any other fighting game tournaments? If it's sponsored by Capcom will there be a copy of sf x tekken to play while there?

Thats what we are hoping to get is a demo build of sf x tekken, with also t-shirts and spot prizes from Capcom.. thats if we get them now..

For other games, I was going to offer a UMVC3 tourney so that its not the one fighting game.. Ill put the option through and see whats said... Ill get back to you..

You could take part in other xbox games if you want to take up your own time theres gonna be games like, Gears 3, COD MW3, Halo: Reach..
    Hopefully more games to add :p
    Well I am a massive follower and believer in all e-sports (watching MLG atm) so I would be interested in attending this event even if we did not get a tourney. If we did get one I would show up to show off my scrubby skill and then enjoy the rest of the event.

Everyone is welcome brah ;)
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Not me :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'd probably attend. I'd be shocked if Hound didn't either, it being in his back garden.

Holding tournaments over multiple days is never a good idea, btw. Voice of experience here.
    Also voice of experience says the best day to run a tournament is Saturday, then after hours week days. Sunday is the kiss of death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Thats what we are hoping to get is a demo build of sf x tekken, with also t-shirts and spot prizes from Capcom.. thats if we get them now..

Just to give you realistic expectations, any unreleased game is USUALLY in code form on a dev kit, so you absolutely won't "get" a demo copy of SFxT, you would need to get a full Capcom rep with the code on a dev kit essentially handcuffed to his wrist.

This is incredibly unlikely
    Kiki wrote:
    Not me :D

And you're not making it any more likely posting this.

Just to give you realistic expectations, any unreleased game is USUALLY in code form on a dev kit, so you absolutely won't "get" a demo copy of SFxT, you would need to get a full Capcom rep with the code on a dev kit essentially handcuffed to his wrist.

That was a joke, being the internet comic humor doesnt get across very well..:(
    If Capcom notice the other sponcers for the event hopefully they will come along and represent!!
    As I said in the first post theres not many detials at the moment, if we get sf x tekken tis dandy if not ah well. All we can do is try =]
    Holding tournaments over multiple days is never a good idea, btw. Voice of experience here.
    Also voice of experience says the best day to run a tournament is Saturday, then after hours week days. Sunday is the kiss of death.

IF I can run the tournament over one day it would be amazing, but theres going to an extra 3 or 4 games been played on the Xbox so time is against me. I'll be sorting a timetable for the games once I get numbers of who would like attend for each game. If SF gets the most numbers to attend that'd be the first game to be played and finished.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I know foamy, I assume SF4 isn't a massive draw at these things, but just so you know the facts of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

is it possible for national 5v5 to take place here?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Dave, do you really think I give a damn?

In fact, the onus is on Capcom to CONVINCE me to buy their retarded game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

lol

Wasn't talking to you Kiki.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I think he's referring to the fact that person trying to get it is showing a lack of interest.

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    is it possible for national 5v5 to take place here?

Course it is! The more hype the better =]

Advertisement