Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Customer Service

Options
  • 03-11-2011 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi. I am having difficulties with my iPhone (youtube not working atall, internet really slow) and the customer service with Meteor is terrible. I have tried contacting them several times (via phone - too long and via email - no replies). I have now sent the following email to meteor and CCed comreg: it's not good enough like.

"Having sent multiple emails (one this day last week – no reply) and multiple attempts to contact Meteor I have now instructed my bank to disable Meteor direct debits. I would expect non-provision of Customer Service to be a statutory breach of contract. I still have a handset which I believe belongs (in part) to Meteor as agreed within said 2 year contract. Please nominate a store where I can hand the handset back in (or an address which I can post it to). As expected, I probably won’t receive a reply to this email and it will take too long to get through on the phone so if I don’t get a reply I will drop it back to the meteor store on Grafton Street by EOD tomorrow.

Account details below:
    Name:"

Haven't really gone to the bother of cancelling the Direct Debit but i'm thinking I will. anyone have any thoughts? do they have to provide customer service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Rob C

Best thing to do is go to Twitter and contact them there. @Meteor_Mobile

It's public and your comments will be seen by all so they will respond to you in order to be seen to be proactive.

Also try their forums, they'll get back to you there as well. Have to register first.

Their customer service is worryingly poor. I'm switching to Meteor from O2 and have a bad feeling I've made a mistake. No Answers to queries for days and days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Same for me, I'd say it's easier to get in touch with Barack Obama than their Customer support.

Maybe someone on here will know if roaming charges will be added to my direct debit next time? I'm on €35 a month bill pay but went over by about €5 when I was in Spain so do I have to pay that manually?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

No. It will be added on to your monthly phone bill. If you are registered with My Meteor, you can look at your bill there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

I've been trying to get in touch with meteor for months. I was a customer with them at the start of the year and I keep getting a bill from them for 42 euros.

The bill says "Any questions? call 1905, which only works it you are a current Meteor customer. The other number to call is 1890 808 585 which just puts you on hold for 18 minutes and then hangs up?

I can't say there customer service is bad, it just doesn't exist!

Eventually I got my issues sorted. All down to Twitter to be honest. It's the only sure way of getting to them as they have to respond to you as everyone can see the communications. If you don't have a Twitter account just sign up, takes 2 minutes and contact them. They'll ask you to Directly Message then with any personal details etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

desodon wrote: »
    Hi. I am having difficulties with my iPhone (youtube not working atall, internet really slow) and the customer service with Meteor is terrible. I have tried contacting them several times (via phone - too long and via email - no replies). I have now sent the following email to meteor and CCed comreg: it's not good enough like.

"Having sent multiple emails (one this day last week – no reply) and multiple attempts to contact Meteor I have now instructed my bank to disable Meteor direct debits. I would expect non-provision of Customer Service to be a statutory breach of contract. I still have a handset which I believe belongs (in part) to Meteor as agreed within said 2 year contract. Please nominate a store where I can hand the handset back in (or an address which I can post it to). As expected, I probably won’t receive a reply to this email and it will take too long to get through on the phone so if I don’t get a reply I will drop it back to the meteor store on Grafton Street by EOD tomorrow.

Account details below:

Haven't really gone to the bother of cancelling the Direct Debit but i'm thinking I will. anyone have any thoughts? do they have to provide customer service?

Curiously enough, I've been trying to get through to Meteor all week. My monthy bill ends today so I want to change over to Tesco straight away but Meteor is not returning the messages that I leave on the website after my call to 1905 is unanswered. It's all a complete waste of my time. They are clearly not employing enough people in customer service. I have been with them since 2001, but Tesco is offering a much better deal now so time for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Same for me, I'd say it's easier to get in touch with Barack Obama than their Customer support.

Maybe someone on here will know if roaming charges will be added to my direct debit next time? I'm on €35 a month bill pay but went over by about €5 when I was in Spain so do I have to pay that manually?
    Cheers.

I do some customer service for them. It will be taken out of your direct debit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

desodon wrote: »

Account details below:

Same for me, i have been trying to get through for nearly a week now!!! after 18 minutes on hold they just hang up and any store i try to ring just ends up with a voice-mail grrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭vicM

stevek93 wrote: »
    Same for me, i have been trying to get through for nearly a week now!!! after 18 minutes on hold they just hang up and any store i try to ring just ends up with a voice-mail grrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhh

Believe they are changing the crowd they used to outsource to and moving offices as well..could be the reason for thier absence

vicM wrote: »
    Believe they are changing the crowd they used to outsource to and moving offices as well..could be the reason for thier absence

They don't respond to emails either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭long_b

Just spent over 16.5 minutes on hold trying to get through to 1905.
    That's their main support line.
    Gave up in the end.
    In what world is this acceptable ?

long_b wrote: »
    Just spent over 16.5 minutes on hold trying to get through to 1905.
    That's their main support line.
    Gave up in the end.
    In what world is this acceptable ?

You saved your self 1.5 minutes as it would have cut you off after 18 minutes!

Got trough last night YAAAYY! Was told my free calls and texts should be arriving shorty which i had been waiting on since yesterday morning and still no text to say I got them :( Id love to no what there at they used to be good with there service.

Their PAYG promos have been fcuked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

Rang CC on hold for 20 minutes they hang up
    Rang back on hold for 15 minutes and I get though and yer wan tells me my Free texts should be back later on that night (last night).
    Night came and went.
    Rang this morning and got through after 25 minutes they said it should be back by 11.. (they lied)

They are actually Useless

Lads if your on pay as you go stick your number on private dial 1905 wait till your man says press 1 an press # twice it will hangup ring it back and you will be put on hold. saves the credit ;)

Bloody hell. I'm in Prague at the monent at a conference, arrived yesterday and turned on my iPhone (got it on Friday with Meteor). Turned it on....no service. Nothing.

No hope of phoning customer service, couldn't get through via my work mobile. Eventually tweeted them and they first of all claimed I couldn't get roaming as I had two unpaid bills!! I replied how is that possible after being a customer for four days!!! Then they said, sorry, you need to have a history of two bills being paid before you can roam or you will have to pay €60 up front!! Hahaha! What a joke!

I have 16 years of continuous contract with O2 and Vodafone, all on bill pay with no bill ever missed.

It's pathetic from Meteor. They're going to shed customers if they keep going.

Take my advice, stick with O2 or Vodafone. Never had an issue re customer service, ever with either. Never could not get through, emails always answered, coverage always top notch. Even if Meteor are offering great deals, don't be tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 barbershop

Having a nightmare with them at the moment. My girlfriend and I are switching from meteor PAYG to billpay. We ordered the phones online but they sent her out a new sim instead of switching her. We were told she had to ring customer care to get her old number back but we spent a total of nearly 2 hours on hold last night. I haven't signed my contract yet (I ordered a couple of days after her) and unless this gets resolved there isn't a chance in hell I will. Their own forums are a monument to the poor quality of their customer care. I would seriously warn anyone planning to sign up to meteor bill pay to consider how much hassle they are willing to endure in exchange for a low cost phone/bill. Sure it's cheap, but it's cheap for a reason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The eMobile bit is being moved to call centres in Cork and Limerick, christ knows what they are doing with the Meteor bit.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    The eMobile bit is being moved to call centres in Cork and Limerick, christ knows what they are doing with the Meteor bit.

And you know this how? Limerick isn't involved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 barbershop

From the current quality of the service I'd guess that the whole Meteor bit is being run by a grand total of three people. I finally managed to get a response from their twitter but no indication of how long it would take to fix my problem. Seeing people tweeting about how they have been waiting over 5 days for the same issue to be resolved is deeply depressing. I used to work for O2 retail and number porting could be done in no time either in store or over the phone. It's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

Anybody think of going into a Meteor store? I went yesterday with my issue and sorted within 5 mins!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

kensutz wrote: »
    And you know this how? Limerick isn't involved

Is it all going to Cork???

Funny how I am not the only person who heard Limerick too.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Is it all going to Cork???

Funny how I am not the only person who heard Limerick too.

No, the post says he was in his local eMobile store, in Limerick.

Meteor/eMobile have terminated there contract with rigney dolphin, whatever operations where in the Rigney Call Centre in waterford are moving to a eircom building in cork, new staff etc.

The dublin operation will remain the same except a move of premises, Meteor/eMobile, it doesnt make a difference both calls are answered in the same centres by the same people, or "new people"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jsloan

I signed up for the free call, texts and free web for 20 Euro a month. I got a text saying "Sign up before some date in September to avail of this" So i texted back opting into it.2/3 weeks ago I topped up by my usual 20 and have not received any free calls or texts which ive been gettin for years. I dropped into a Meteor shop n was told that the offer had expired and that i was informed of this, which i wasnt!! he said it was in the text I received, (it wasnt). He said he cannot help me i have to ring customer service to sign back up to my original plan of free calls n texts for 20 Euro, cos the one including internet has gone up to 30 Euro.
    For the past two weeks ive been trying to ring customer service, i am currently on hold as we speak. I signed up to their forums n was told i would receive an activation email, and I did not receive it, so I cant get through to them online or over the phone. Oh and when you have been on hold for 17 minutes they disconnect you. Meteor are a shambles!

Edit to below: I've just been cut off twice by Meteor/Eircom on the 1800 638367 number in the past hour; after waiting for 20min 30sec and 10min 21sec respectively. Arrogant pricks who should have whatever license they possess withdrawn from them by the Irish state/ComReg.

Still fucking atrocious customer service. It reminds me of the abysmal Eircom.... (Google search later) and Meteor is owned and managed by the worst telecommunications company in Europe: Eircom.

Everybody: Meteor is Eircom. Recently Meteor has had its customer service division placed under the control of the person in charge of Eircom's customer service division:

Eircom management run Meteor

The CEO of Eircom is somebody named Paul Donovan. He has ultimate responsibility for the wreck that is Meteor Customer Service. An individual named Stephen Beynon, who is 'group managing director of Consumer and Small Business', bears specific responsibility for the abysmal customer service.

For how long are we expected to listen to that dire song they play over...and over... and over again when you ring up? It's a joke - as if we have nothing better to do than get a headache from them while waiting to give them money.

It's a massive two fingers to Irish consumers that Eircom has been allowed to take control of Meteor. There really, really is no worse company in Irish society than Eircom. I remember those fucks when they were charging £200 per month for my internet connection back in 1997, and the entire service collapsed between 6pm and 8pm because they hadn't the infrastructure to handle the post-work traffic. Yes, that was around the same time that Mary O'Rourke was appointed as the technological spokesperson of the Irish state telling eejits to buy Eircom shares because it was such a great company. Fucktards promoted by fucktards in 1997; Eircom are still fucktards in 2011 and headed by fucktards and authorised by the patently incompetent, smug, placid and utterly indifferent fucktards in ComReg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Currently on hold for 86 minutes with meteor customer service :eek: ... reckon I may have made a mistake moving from O2 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

I was planning on moving back to Meteor from Tesco but this thread has frightened me off. I was with them for years before and didn't find it a problem. Is this a short term thing that is likely to be resolved?

groom wrote: »
    I was planning on moving back to Meteor from Tesco but this thread has frightened me off. I was with them for years before and didn't find it a problem. Is this a short term thing that is likely to be resolved?

Why are you dissatisfied with Tesco?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

I'm not particularly dissatisfied with Tesco. Just attracted by the latest Meteor offer

Advertisement