Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

MET -Weather Warning -Issued at 01 November 2011 - 19:15

• 01-11-2011 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭

Issued at 01 November 2011 - 19:15

Very wet and windy weather developing overnight. 30-35mm of rain possible in the south west of the country.
    Valid until 15:00 2nd/November/2011

Becoming extremely windy overnight with strong to gale force south to southeast winds developing, with these winds gusting 85 to 100km/h in exposed parts of the south and west. Rain becoming fairly widespread also, turning heavy in the southwest and the west coast, with a risk of some spot flooding there. Lowest temperatures of 8 to 11 C.

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/warnings.asp

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

DominoDub wrote: »

Very wet and windy weather developing overnight. 30-35mm of rain possible in the south west of the country.

Becoming extremely windy overnight with strong to gale force south to southeast winds developing, with these winds gusting 85 to 100km/h in exposed parts of the south and west. Rain becoming fairly widespread also, turning heavy in the southwest and the west coast, with a risk of some spot flooding there. Lowest temperatures of 8 to 11 C.

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/warnings.asp

But they didn't issue any warning! You made that up! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭wing52

So whats the chance of heavy rain slipping around the southkerry mountains?

will it be as heavy in connaught/leinster?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Su Campu wrote: »

Oh lord, another ME basher :rolleyes:

:p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

That's an unprecidented upgrade if I ever seen one. They only had drizzle and 70km/h gusts forecast at lunchtime. Derp.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

Was it Met Eireann, or Wet Eireann, that issued the warning? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Sorry, according to my view of the ME web site, they did

Weather Warning

Weather Warning

Gale Warning

South to southeast gales or strong gales will develop overnight on all Irish coastal waters and on the Irish Sea
    Issued at 17:00 on 1-Nov-2011

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Weather Warning

Weather Warning

Gale Warning

South to southeast gales or strong gales will develop overnight on all Irish coastal waters and on the Irish Sea

That screenshot is shocking ! :eek:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

t|nt|n wrote: »
    That screenshot is shocking ! :eek:

YEah, that's what happens when you put the compression right up to the right hand end, but if I'd posted it at original settings, 1280 x 800 or thereabouts, it would have taken for ever to load, and I would have been getting grief about it from the thread police for the rest of the winter. It just proves that I did see the screen, and didn't make it up :D

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

YEah, that's what happens when you put the compression right up to the right hand end, but if I'd posted it at original settings, 1280 x 800 or thereabouts, it would have taken for ever to load, and I would have been getting grief about it from the thread police for the rest of the winter. It just proves that I did see the screen, and didn't make it up :D

I think I can see snow in the pic ! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

t|nt|n wrote: »
    I think I can see snow in the pic ! ;)

Is no thread safe?

Rain seems to be loosing some intensity as it comes in over Kerry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Heavy rain and wind picking up here, looks like it could be a rough night, I wonder will Met Éireann issue a warning at some stage.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Did I start this thread in AH or the Weather forum :rolleyes:

BrendanGleesonBrowsPA.jpg

DominoDub wrote: »
    Did I start this thread in AH or the Weather forum :rolleyes:

BrendanGleesonBrowsPA.jpg

Yore ma :D

Weather Warning

Weather Warning

Gale Warning

Just so ya know, mine was a tongue-in-cheek comment! Of course they issued that warning, just like they did on the 24th. But try telling some people that!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,124 ✭✭✭✭km79

Looks like mainly extreme south west and coastal counties along west only really going to be effected by rain ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Just so ya know, mine was a tongue-in-cheek comment! Of course they issued that warning, just like they did on the 24th. But try telling some people that!

It's not affecting the pale anyway so anything less than cork city being entirely submerged won't even make the news . . .

:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Like a hurricane here at moment, lots of rain pelting at the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

It's like 'Fist Of Fury' ; all show but no real substance,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Over 50mm in Valentia since yesterday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Yeah with more to come as it looks like the band is running straight across Kerry for the day.

WEB_sat_ir_eur.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Maybe it was bad overnight in Cork but it wasn't bad this morning when I was coming into work - pretty windy alright but the rain wasn't that heavy. I expected worse tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭SeaFields

We're after getting some battering here in south kerry overnight. Even now its pelting down with some serious gusts. Still have power tho with is a good indicator of how bad it really is :cool:

49 mm fell at Valentia overnight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

63km/h the max gust in Waterford this morning but only 2.0mm of rain. Lots more on the way looking at the latest radar.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Rain looks heavier now alright - very dark and dreary day!

49 mm fell at Valentia overnight.

I have 67mm on my station in last 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

SeaFields wrote: »

Where you based SeaFields?

eskimocat wrote: »
    Where you based SeaFields?

About 10 minutes from Valentia station. Got a mountain between me and there which makes interesting comparison between my readings and theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rainyrun

rain and wind howling here in north Tipp, has not let up since last night!! miserable and the type of weather that duvet days were invented for!!:D

• Advertisement

SeaFields wrote: »

Valentia's 49 mm were recorded in the 12 hours from 1800 - 0600 so I'm sure it's more in line with your figure up to now. We'll know at 12:15 when the 1200 synops are out.

Advertisement