Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno XXI - SSFIV:AE Tournament, Dublin 05/11/2011 Exchange, Temple Bar

Options
  • 18-10-2011 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭

Inferno will once again be held at Exchange Dublin on Saturday the 5th of November.

Doors open at 10:00, registration will begin at 11:00 and close at 12:30. The tournament itself will start at 13:00. We should be finished up around 18:00.

Entry fee: 15 euro (10 euro goes to prize pool, 5 to venue rental/equipment expenses)

The format is groups into a top 16 double elimination bracket. All matches played are best of 3 in groups and in the top 16 bracket. We’ll be running on 360. Seeding is based on the last 3 tournament results. Please bring your own controller/converter!

Tournament Rules and Format
    Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.

Format is as follows, a seeded group stage followed by a double elimination stage. Each match in the group stage will consist of 3 sets with each set beings best of 3 rounds. The third set of a match in the group stages will only be played in the event of a tie after the second set. If one player wins the first 2 sets the third set is not played.

After the group stage is over a draw will take place to determine the first round upper bracket matches of the double elimination stage. Winners of a group will be randomly drawn against the runner ups of other groups. The first round of the lower bracket will also be a random draw from the players who lost in the first round of the upper brackets.

Each match in the double elimination stage will be best of 3 sets and each set is best of 3 rounds.

People who arrive after the tournament starts are not garunteed a place in the tournament but we will try to acommodate them if possible.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set.

4. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

5. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

6. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

7. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

8. All alt costumes are soft banned. A player can request that both characters have to use the default costume.

9. No white track suits please.

I'm not sure what my shifts are going to be like in work and won't find out until the week before, so someone else may have to take over for the day if I can't make it.

Will you be there? 14 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    RyAzzaayjayirlchopperbyrneUberPrinny_BaalDoctor DooMDoyler01RamzaShokashiSpeed BoatThe Houndstev0knev022ladnopokaaeonfusion 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

No
    Doors open at 10:00

We'll see :p

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

No
    w00, can finally go this time :D i look forward to going 0-2 out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No
    aeonfusion wrote: »
    w00, can finally go this time :D i look forward to going 0-2 out ;)

It's groups, so should be 0-3 minimum!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

No
    i came 4th 2 infernos ago
    i came 3rd the last inferno
    this time im taking 2nd place at least 8)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

No
    i shall give this another attempt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

No
    I think rule 6 should be modified to be outright forfeit of a paused round because it may well throw off the other player but it's not fair on them to have to be the dickhead not agreeing to continue when it could well have cost him the round.

It's something people should just be cool with that if the pause the round they lose it end of. **** one if it happens I know but you live and learn. The other player shouldn't have to disagree to continue.

Also rule 4 implies you must stick to one character for the groups stage. Some clarity here would be good.

I'll be down selling tickets for my stick. This is the last day I'll be doing it and if interest isn't high enough I'll be returning the money to everyone who bought a ticket. I was hoping to keep the stick within our group but at this stage it's looking like I'll be selling it on eBay or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I've had loads of people pause on me in tourneys. I always let it go. I'm happy with it being on the players discretion. I say leave it as is.

It's an accident and isn't done on purpose. It should be standard between friends tbh. If a person needs a forfeited round in order to win, they didn't deserve to win.

My opinion, don't slate me for it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    Is it that time again :)

I suppose I'll do my usual and say plllllleeeeeaaasee bring gear in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

No
    Is it that time again :)

I suppose I'll do my usual and say plllllleeeeeaaasee bring gear in :(

I'll be there.

I still have Chopper's VGA cable, so I can bring a monitor too. That's one full set up at least.

(Konota I also have your guitar, I can bring that as well)

No
    ok lads, turns out I am running this one, el chop can't make it. Where are we on equipments (xboxi & monitors)?

Who's able to bring em in? I'll bring in a monitor so that will make 6 monitors....AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I'll be there.

I still have Chopper's VGA cable, so I can bring a monitor too. That's one full set up at least.

(Konota I also have your guitar, I can bring that as well)

Oh awesome. I'm not sure if I'll be at the tourney yet but Paul'll be there anyway so just give it to him :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

ayjayirl wrote: »
    ok lads, turns out I am running this one, el chop can't make it. Where are we on equipments (xboxi & monitors)?

Who's able to bring em in? I'll bring in a monitor so that will make 6 monitors....AFAIK.

I can bring an xbox that requires an AE disc*** or an internet connection in order for my AE DLC to work.

Also, I'll be filling in for Konata on the desk if she's not there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I won't be available sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No
    The man doesn't get a sandwich and now he has no energy to make it to Inferno!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

The man doesn't get a sandwich and now he has no energy to make it to Inferno!

Sucks to be Fergus!

Konata wrote: »
    Sucks to be Fergus!

I'm still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

No
    What's the rulings regarding wireless pads? The pad I use is wireless and that's where my muscle memory is, I have a reallly old spare wired pad I never use, I tried using it just now and it's crap (stiff buttons, dpad is stiff too), I can barely QCF on it =[

Someone fill me in so I know the story come Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Just remember to turn the bloody thing off when you finish and it should be fine.

Anyone going for pints after? I probably won't be able to make for the full day so I was thinking I might drop in my Xbox and pick it up later. But a) I don't think I'll make it make till later and b) I wouldn't mind going for pints :D

Ramza wrote: »
    What's the rulings regarding wireless pads? The pad I use is wireless and that's where my muscle memory is, I have a reallly old spare wired pad I never use, I tried using it just now and it's crap (stiff buttons, dpad is stiff too), I can barely QCF on it =[

Someone fill me in so I know the story come Saturday

If you have a Charge and Play kit and it's a 360 pad, just take out the battery and plug the charger in and you can plug it into the Xbox and out without worries of accidentally reconnecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Fergus_ wrote: »
    If you have a Charge and Play kit and it's a 360 pad, just take out the battery and plug the charger in and you can plug it into the Xbox and out without worries of accidentally reconnecting it.

True but it still fecks up the associations of the pad and sticks when we try to change them over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Not sure if I'll be up to this... I've been at a FG event almost every week end for months. An intentional break might be nice.

Though I haven't been to an Inferno in ages :/

No
    Sairus wrote: »
    Not sure if I'll be up to this... I've been at a FG event almost every week end for months. An intentional break might be nice.

Though I haven't been to an Inferno in ages :/

not a bother mate, ill make the decision for you, your going to inferno :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I'd quite like to go for pints afterwards, but's not really do-able if I have a 360 with me.

No
    I'd quite like to go for pints afterwards, but's not really do-able if I have a 360 with me.

of course it is. in bag, under table.

No
    Looking forward to this now. Seems longer than a month for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

No
    I was saying that at casuals on Wednesday. Seems like it was ages since the last.

No
    Speed Boat wrote: »
    I was saying that at casuals on Wednesday. Seems like it was ages since the last.

Weird that. Want a gentlemans agreement for a Sagat mirror if we meet in the tournament? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

No
    You're mad for your Sagat! I've been messing with Fei the last few weeks but I'll play the mirror with you for sure. I'm not likely to get out of groups though!

Looking forward to this Inferno.

Get hype!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

No
    Gonna make the best of Yang before he gets ****ing castrated in 2012

RIP

• Advertisement

No
    just asking but is any of the cork lads heading to Inferno, if so what means of transportation will you be taking as i am taking the coach

Advertisement