Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Doctor Who

Options
  • 04-10-2011 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭

Ok now that another season of the doctor is finished and we have to wait till autumn for the next series I was wondering who would be up for going back and viewing some of the classic stuff, I know a lot of the older who is now gone but I think it would be great for new fans to go back and view where it all started and and also be great for older fans to come on and share there thoughts I have recently watched series 1 epsiode 1 an unearthly child here http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgh5pt_an-unearthly-child-part1_shortfilms#rel-page-9 I have watched up to the firestar so far and suggest everyone should do the same as this covers the 1st full episode really and once watched come back here and share yer thought .
    Might be interesting anyone up for it.

And by say next week we could then view the next episode which is entitled the daleks ( which I already cant wait to view )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

Doctor who ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Doctor who ?

I did laugh when that line was used in the 1st episode by his companion Ian especially given how this series ended

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Just started re watching them, I would love to have seen Marco Polo. Are the animated versions of it good?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

It's a shame that some are lost, just wondering if there are plot summaries available for those that were lost though? I actually haven't seen any of the classic series but I'm in a really Who mood these days so I'd like to see more.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Das Kitty wrote: »
    It's a shame that some are lost, just wondering if there are plot summaries available for those that were lost though? I actually haven't seen any of the classic series but I'm in a really Who mood these days so I'd like to see more.

Not just plot summaries- in some cases fans and companies have used various lo fi sound recordings to make reconstructions (using stills and animation) to fill in the blanks. I've watched the odd one and I won't lie, they're hard going. But if you're into the history, go for it- usually they're included on the DVD releases.

• Advertisement

That's great. I'd probably prefer to read the summaries than that though, personally.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Doctor_Who_Wiki

If you want you can literally start at the start and read plot summaries for the entire run of Dr Who (although you'd want to be exceptionally hardcore to manage that!)

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Doctor_Who_Wiki

If you want you can literally start at the start and read plot summaries for the entire run of Dr Who (although you'd want to be exceptionally hardcore to manage that!)

Ha ha, well I'd watch the ones available and read the others. I'm not hardcore at anything apart from knitting. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Most fans will know this stuff already (I didn't know most of it I must say though), found it very interesting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who_missing_episodes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

A lot of the stories that only have remaining audio have been released as audio books as well, with narrators filling in anything else like scene changes or major physical character reactions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I recommend a visit to Blinkbox, they have a few Classic Doctor Who stories available for streaming free and legal. The two 1st Doctor stories aren't the greatest admittedly but Tomb Of The Cybermen, Talons of Weng Chiang and Caves of Androzani are always considered among the top stories.

Advertisement