Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DoC 4 - Post Mortem

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Overall this doc was better then the last.

Biggest change we need to do. BB needs to run last, i don't think any of the BB players would mind. unless people came from the north.

a1 sheet of the bracket at the back would certainly help.

more monitors and set ups is a must if were gonna run a thing with this many people. Also like most people said people need to bring there own converter.

other then that,theres bits and bobs. Voa you'll end up talking to me about it anyway so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I do not need to find 3 empty machines 10 seconds later and ask who is playing next to have 4 people say "I don't know who I'm playing" to me. . . . . .I swear I wanted to punch one or two people throughout the day who just did not listen.

If these were people that have attended multiple tourneys then rightfully so, however if these where new people who just came to the tourney please remember what your first tournament was like

I agree with a lot up top and hopefully the changes made for DOC 5 will correct some of the issues

But just one mention

I think it is a great suggestion to never type "I wanted to punch one or two people throughout the day"

Now THAT to me as a for e.g a newcomer would put m off coming to these events especially people who are nervous naturally
    It'd be a shame if newcomers read that and are suddenly afraid to come because of upsetting someone for been oblivious

Now you're pretty damn sound and easy to get on with, so I'll assume people were just been clueless and not listening but, lets keep those kind of thoughts for casuals and not public boards:D

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Nutrient wrote: »

I do not need to find 3 empty machines 10 seconds later and ask who is playing next to have 4 people say "I don't know who I'm playing" to me. . . . . .I swear I wanted to punch one or two people throughout the day who just did not listen.

If these were people that have attended multiple tourneys then rightfully so, however if these where new people who just came to the tourney please remember what your first tournament was like

I agree with a lot up top and hopefully the changes made for DOC 5 will correct some of the issues

But just one mention

I think it is a great suggestion to never type "I wanted to punch one or two people throughout the day"

Now THAT to me as a for e.g a newcomer would put m off coming to these events especially people who are nervous naturally
    It'd be a shame if newcomers read that and are suddenly afraid to come because of upsetting someone for been oblivious

Now you're pretty damn sound and easy to get on with, so I'll assume people were just been clueless and not listening but, lets keep those kind of thoughts for casuals and not public boards:D

I was asked for my honest opinion and I gave it. This is a thread for what needs to be fixed not how to sugar coat it. Now yes it was some people's first tournament but unless you have a hearing aid I ain't taking I could not I could not hear you (my voice can testify to how loud I was shouting, it's horse as hell right now)

In fact at my first tournament I was double and triple checking everything to make sure I did not mess up anything. As I have said being lazy ain't an excuse.

Now I should not have said wanted to punch and it was not anyone I knew I thought it about. But once again brutal honest truth was asked and I gave it

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Patience is a virtue, and it really helps provide a welcoming and enjoyable experience for everyone.

Sadly very few people in the community have it, and when you get pissed off, it makes you look like an asshole. Stay professional and it'll make more people wanna come back.

In my experience, the best people I've seen run tournys so far, Ajirl, Dreddy, Orim and Sairus have been great, because they don't lose the head, and things got done because of it.

I only went to one tourny in the north, but it was a great experience too.

Everyone gets stressed which is fair enough, but if its getting to the point where your getting angry or whatever, go out and get cover for 5 minutes. It'll do the world of good.

My 2 cents on a good tournament atmosphere.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Great post from Monkey, respect is a two way street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,980 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Monkeyto wrote: »

In my experience, the best people I've seen run tournys so far, Ajirl, Dreddy, Orim and Sairus have been great, because they don't lose the head, and things got done because of it.

Anto I'm hurt. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Great post from Monkey, respect is a two way street.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T - That is what it means to me...

Anto I'm hurt. :(

Chopper is the bestest organisationer of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Monkeyto wrote: »
    Patience is a virtue, and it really helps provide a welcoming and enjoyable experience for everyone.

Sadly very few people in the community have it, and when you get pissed off, it makes you look like an asshole. Stay professional and it'll make more people wanna come back.

I only went to one tourny in the north, but it was a great experience too.

Everyone gets stressed which is fair enough, but if its getting to the point where your getting angry or whatever, go out and get cover for 5 minutes. It'll do the world of good.

My 2 cents on a good tournament atmosphere.

I like to think i keep a fairly calm head. :)

And yes, if Sinead is willing i think between us we could make a good go of keeping a big sheet bracket on the back wall up to date too. Defo the set up with the laptops and the main tv like it was is a huge improvement and very helpful, if we get right up to the back wall next time we can defo put bracket sheets up on the wall.

I am also i favour of kicking Voa outside every hour to cool off and get some good old o2. :) And big thanks to 1stHardter, Sairus, Chopper, Dreddy and everyone else who helped go yell at people to play games.

As for the other suggestions, its all very well to say only do one round at a time per tourney but unfortunatly this never works out. Because we want to record the final few rounds of the tourneys these have to be run on the main screen. As a result of this we have to start into the next comp but a lot of people who need to play that comp are often still playing in the previous tourney, and we cannot afford to wait for them, so we have to move on with what we can. We only just made it in time for DoC4, and that was us playing every game it was possible to play and have all the setups in use all the time.

Also, I have no objection to this talk of chocolate for myself and sinead....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Blazblue's official facebook page seems to be really stuck for stuff to post most days.

They have an album called "UK tourneys on this weekend" where they post the posters of tournaments.

Should pretty easy to get them to post up ours for the next DoC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Blazblue's official facebook page seems to be really stuck for stuff to post most days.

"CS2 Extend hitting Japan this month, hitting elsewhere as soon as it's out of date. Suck it western audience." :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Seriously now, the Blazblue facebook is uploading pictures from the "Sodium Showdown" in Bristol.

It looks almost exactly like a British DOC. Don't see any reason why we shouldn't get mention on their page too.

Advertisement