Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Rain with Possible spot flooding over the next few days?

• 01-09-2011 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭

" Met Eireann "

Tomorrow

Still a few outbreaks of rain or drizzle tomorrow, but many places will be dry. Later in the day, a spell of persistent rain will develop in the west and north, turning heavy in the evening in parts of the west.

Outlook

Rain will spread eastwards to all areas on Friday night and will be persistent and heavy in places. It will clear away to the east by noon on Saturday with sunny spells and scattered showers following for the rest of the day. Sunday will start off dry and bright over most of the country. However, rain will develop in the west early in the day and then spread eastwards to all areas. It will clear in the evening and early night with showers or longer spells of rain following. Monday will be cool, blustery and showery with fresh westerly winds. Further spells of rain or showers will spread from the west on Tuesday with some heavy falls possible in Munster and south Leinster. Scattered showers will follow on Wednesday.

M.T Cranium

FRIDAY ... Variable cloud, showers edging somewhat further east at times, giving 2-5 mms in parts of west and north, may stay dry in east and south where somewhat warmer.

FRIDAY NIGHT ... Showers or periods of rain, 5-10 mms potential.

SATURDAY ... Cloudy with rain at times in the morning, possible embedded thundershowers at times, rainfall potential 5-10 mms. A clearing trend is likely mid-day in the west and through the afternoon further east.

SUNDAY ... Although the overnight hours could become dry with fog patches following, more rain seems likely especially by afternoon and evening, and this rain could eventually become heavy (15-25 mms potential). There is some chance, however, that the southeast will remain dry until well into the afternoon, or at least that heavier rain won't begin until then.

MONDAY ... Frequent showers, cool, lows near 8 C and highs near 14 C.

Looks like the SOuth and East to be most effected.

I Think its time to pack in the table and chairs out the back :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

I remember a few years ago around this time of the year it was my first week in college and for about 3 days in a row on my first week about 3 different low pressures passed through and dumped loads of rain on us leading to alot of flooding.This weekend and early next week might bring similar rain maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭geuro

Bad news for the Electric Picnic goers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

geuro wrote: »
    Bad news for the Electric Picnic goers!

Why must you mock me?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Aiel wrote: »
    I remember a few years ago around this time of the year it was my first week in college and for about 3 days in a row on my first week about 3 different low pressures passed through and dumped loads of rain on us leading to alot of flooding.This weekend and early next week might bring similar rain maybe.

I remember it too... Dunno if it's a similar setup though as that time as I think it rained alsmost continuously then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Nice to get rain, the ground here is hard and the grass in parts is burning from a lack of water.
    It has been a fairly dry summer if rather dull and cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Pangea

Yesterday was such a nice day here its a shame we didn't get more days like that this summer with blue skies etc.
    It's days like today that annoy me with its dull cloudy blandness.
    I would prefer a good weekend of heavy rain than a day like today when the sun flirts with the clouds but never produces anything.
    Bring on the weekend :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Not a drop yet . . .and we could do with it!!!

... and it begins :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Pissin down here the last hour or 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Pangea

Pissin here for the majority of the day.

Its actually stopped! ha, its all sliding by to the NE just by a few miles! ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Half an hour away from being 12 hours of constant rain here, looking at the radar its not stopping any time soon either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Still bone dry here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Its actually stopped! ha, its all sliding by to the NE just by a few miles! ha
    Will we get any heavy rain here in the Capital? It always misses us.
    Some may find it hard to believe but this afternoon I had to water my flowers in the garden as they were dying from drought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

The south east corner of the country has dodged the rain all day, Dublin seems to be right on the edge of it

rainy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Heavy rain with spot flooding around Galway, just avoided stepping on a confused frog a long way from the nearest stream or marshy land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

Heavy rain here in Kerry now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Heavy rain with spot flooding around Galway, just avoided stepping on a confused frog a long way from the nearest stream or marshy land.

Recorded a total of 20.4mm here in town - some heavy bursts between 11.15 - 11.45 dropped 7.4mm alone so definitely soggy enough to confuse a frog ! ;)
    The heaviest rain seems to have been over the town with much lighter falls on Oranmore & Moycullen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭dexter647

Moderate rain here now:)... My garden welcomes it big time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Lashing now :D Its been so long since I've had good downpour!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

pissin down now ,god dam,the kids are back in school so should we not have nice warm sunny days,humid nights by now :D

Advertisement