Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Signs of a fine, settled spell from Friday with temperatures gradually increasing

• 28-06-2011 5:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭

Tentative signs that from Friday the weather may settle down and become warmer. Hopefully the Atlantic depressions can be held at bay just long enough as high pressure tries to build in from the Southwest but it's a slow old process and it would be the early days of next week before a real rise in temperature would occur.

Rukm961.gif

Rukm1201.gif

Rukm1441.gif

Only tentative signs but we will take anything at this stage for a real period of hot summer weather.;)

Other models keen to bring in the Atlantic systems in a way that would ensure a long period of unsettled weather. Pretty desperate now to avoid that!:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,572 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I propose a designated day where the people of Ireland should go outside and at a single moment in time blow with all their might and keep Atlantic systems away .:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,580 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

All too brief I'm afraid - tonights model runs all suggest a return to the anomolous grim NWesterly for next week:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No chance, that low pressure blot on the landscape never goes away!

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

darkman2 wrote: »
    Tentative signs that from Friday the weather may settle down and become warmer. Hopefully the Atlantic depressions can be held at bay just long enough as high pressure tries to build in from the Southwest but it's a slow old process and it would be the early days of next week before a real rise in temperature would occur.

Rukm961.gif

Rukm1201.gif

Rukm1441.gif

Only tentative signs but we will take anything at this stage for a real period of hot summer weather.;)

Other models keen to bring in the Atlantic systems in a way that would ensure a long period of unsettled weather. Pretty desperate now to avoid that!:(

Hey Darkman,

I am glad you qualified your post with the word "tentative" - just watched RTE weather this evening and apparently from Monday onwards a large area of low pressure will move over Ireland bringing our most common weather type - rain! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've gone from hope to resignation in the last week. We're just going to have to forget about a summer thats worth a damn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭pauldry

Could be some "exciting" type showers next week if low plants itself over Ireland and drives up convection. Would probably be the usual Summer weather of recent years, cool sunny morning, downpours for a few hours before brightening up again late evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,580 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

pauldry wrote: »
    Could be some "exciting" type showers next week if low plants itself over Ireland and drives up convection. Would probably be the usual Summer weather of recent years, cool sunny morning, downpours for a few hours before brightening up again late evening.

My expectations are now so low regarding what passes for a summer in this country that the above would do me at this stage:rolleyes:

Advertisement