Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-06-2011, 18:02   #1
darkman2
Banned

Signs of a fine, settled spell from Friday with temperatures gradually increasing

Tentative signs that from Friday the weather may settle down and become warmer. Hopefully the Atlantic depressions can be held at bay just long enough as high pressure tries to build in from the Southwest but it's a slow old process and it would be the early days of next week before a real rise in temperature would occur.

Only tentative signs but we will take anything at this stage for a real period of hot summer weather.

Other models keen to bring in the Atlantic systems in a way that would ensure a long period of unsettled weather. Pretty desperate now to avoid that!

Last edited by darkman2; 28-06-2011 at 18:11.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
28-06-2011, 18:44   #2
lord lucan

I propose a designated day where the people of Ireland should go outside and at a single moment in time blow with all their might and keep Atlantic systems away .
29-06-2011, 00:45   #3
Birdnuts

All too brief I'm afraid - tonights model runs all suggest a return to the anomolous grim NWesterly for next week
29-06-2011, 09:42   #4

No chance, that low pressure blot on the landscape never goes away!
29-06-2011, 22:31   #5
derekon

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkman2 View Post
Tentative signs that from Friday the weather may settle down and become warmer. Hopefully the Atlantic depressions can be held at bay just long enough as high pressure tries to build in from the Southwest but it's a slow old process and it would be the early days of next week before a real rise in temperature would occur.

Only tentative signs but we will take anything at this stage for a real period of hot summer weather.

Other models keen to bring in the Atlantic systems in a way that would ensure a long period of unsettled weather. Pretty desperate now to avoid that!

Hey Darkman,

I am glad you qualified your post with the word "tentative" - just watched RTE weather this evening and apparently from Monday onwards a large area of low pressure will move over Ireland bringing our most common weather type - rain!
Advertisement
29-06-2011, 23:39   #6

I've gone from hope to resignation in the last week. We're just going to have to forget about a summer thats worth a damn.
Thanks from:
30-06-2011, 00:06   #7
pauldry

Could be some "exciting" type showers next week if low plants itself over Ireland and drives up convection. Would probably be the usual Summer weather of recent years, cool sunny morning, downpours for a few hours before brightening up again late evening.
30-06-2011, 01:58   #8
Birdnuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldry View Post
Could be some "exciting" type showers next week if low plants itself over Ireland and drives up convection. Would probably be the usual Summer weather of recent years, cool sunny morning, downpours for a few hours before brightening up again late evening.
My expectations are now so low regarding what passes for a summer in this country that the above would do me at this stage
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion