Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon now delivering Groceries to Ireland

Options
  • 11-06-2011 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭

Some good bargains on groceries etc now at Amazon - they have been selling groceries for a good while but only started delivery here this week.

Mainly bulk buy stuff like boxes of crisps, 24 pack of water, pet food , nappies.
    As usual - make sure seller is Amazon to guarantee delivery here.

Groceries at Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Ogham wrote: »
    Some good bargains on groceries etc now at Amazon - they have been selling groceries for a good while but only started delivery here this week.

Mainly bulk buy stuff like boxes of crisps, 24 pack of water, pet food , nappies.
    As usual - make sure seller is Amazon to guarantee delivery here.

Groceries at Amazon

im loving this already
    thanks op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Oh Jesus reese's pieces by post, sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

So how would you Need to make a a saving?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Also now delivering light bulbs!

There's not an awful lot of deals on here tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Thanks OP, this is a great resource for American foods that are hard to get in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

Bring on the Kernel Popcorn Seasoning and a gallon of Franks Red Hot Sauce please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

I'll buy a pint of milk to test it ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Excellent. Some good offers on dog food which I wasn't able to order before. I'd say this is not going to last long a la "the tvs over 32" scenario" so going to put in an order soon. Thanks OP:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

deadly, I'm always seeing cool food bargains on other forums and could never enjoy the goods

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Jesus H Christ. This is perverted. I am far from a Greenie but even I have to rail against the notion of everyday groceries being transported from Scotland for home delivery to a house in Ireland. How much energy is being used to affect this delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Eoghan41

ever think of how the stuff in your local supermarket got there??

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Fantastic news!

Some of their bulk offers can be great.

Plus they've a lot of hard-to-come-by items.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Judging by the 22 days it took to deliver my last order of books ,I would not be ordering Milk any time soon !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Eoghan41 wrote: »
    ever think of how the stuff in your local supermarket got there??

But that comes in bulk containers which is more efficient. Whereas even with some of these items you are still going to do a shop for fresh items in your local supermarkets. However, I would not criticise people for bullk ordering the likes of nappies etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Judging by the 22 days it took to deliver my last order of books ,I would not be ordering Milk any time soon !

Did the shopping experience leave a sour taste in your mouth?

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

kn wrote: »
    But that comes in bulk containers which is more efficient. Whereas even with some of these items you are still going to do a shop for fresh items in your local supermarkets. However, I would not criticise people for bullk ordering the likes of nappies etc.

If you think that transport is the only environmental impact associated with buying any product you could do with reading this.

http://www.englishtap.com/etlw/read/environment/foodmiles.htm

Ordering something from the internet to be delivered to your home by an post may even be environmentally friendly compared with the alternative you driving to the shop to buy it.

You are asking us to think twice before buying something from aboard. Should people in other countries think about buying things from their own country instead of buying things from Ireland? If everyone was to think like that Ireland would have to grow its own bananas and oranges and make its own cars and tvs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

these prices are sterling, then where are the savings, when you turn it into euro = none

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

Dexterm99 wrote: »

Thats the first thing I searched for when I saw this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Got a load of dog food, Cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thats the first thing I searched for when I saw this thread
    Not me..

51Hjr0u6ftL.jpg

drool3xa8.gifdrool3xa8.gifdrool3xa8.gifdrool3xa8.gifdrool3xa8.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Thanks OP, this is a great resource for American foods that are hard to get in Ireland.

Indeed it is. Hidden Valley Ranch dressing and cholula (hot sauce).
    Though I have a massive tub of Cholula so will not be running out any time soon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

no savings on pet food.

Whiskas 4x12 pouch on special at £14. (about €16)
    Local Tesco = 2 x 12 pouch €7
    Local Dunnes = 24 pack €7
    Local Spar = 3.99 for 12 pack

All 3 cheaper than amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

maxer68 wrote: »
    no savings on pet food.

Whiskas 4x12 pouch on special at £14. (about €16)
    Local Tesco = 2 x 12 pouch €7
    Local Dunnes = 24 pack €7
    Local Spar = 3.99 for 12 pack

All 3 cheaper than amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Felix-AGAIL-Pouch-Mixed-Pack/dp/B003QXN3KM/ref=zg_bs_grocery_1

How about that ^^^?

(I don't by cat food so that's a genuine question)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

ShooterSF wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Felix-AGAIL-Pouch-Mixed-Pack/dp/B003QXN3KM/ref=zg_bs_grocery_1

How about that ^^^?

(I don't by cat food so that's a genuine question)

Her cats are fussy and don't eat felix:p, but if they did, it was 2 x 12 packs for 6.50 in tesco last week, works out identical.

Basically, keeping an eye on local offers in tesco / dunnes / supervalu / eurospar and buy in the same bulk when they are on should see you through most of the year. - When did anyone pay full price for washing powder, toothpaste, deo sprays, hand soap, pet food etc etc - there's always one brand or other on offer and in most cases thay all do the same job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

These seem like good value.

Link

51S7qdCXmbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Ogham wrote: »
    only started delivery here this week.

I've been buying nappies from Amazon for months, on their Subscribe & Save scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

hmmm cherry coke...beef jerky...Chips Ahoy Golden Oreo Oreo and Nutter Butter Twenty Four Pack Variety Pack Cookies

Holy crap, they have twinkies! Twinkes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

do they sell fire grates and accessories, as i am looking for all night grate and front, i have searched here in ireland, and i cannot get them here

Advertisement