Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golfnet.ie handicap showing as N/A

Options
  • 19-04-2011 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello folks,

Hope someone can help me here. Myself and my friend joined a golf course in October of last year. We got a our GUI cards and membership numbers however, our handicaps are still not showing on the golfnet.ie site. I contacted our golf course and they recommended I contact golfnet.ie. The problem is, I cannot find ANY contact details for them whatsoever. We are now around 6 months into membership and seemingly still without and official handicap. This makes us unable to enter competitions, right? Help is much appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭sector

See your handicap secretary, he would have calculated your handicaps from your 3 singles cards, he knows your handicap and will allow you play local competitions at least.

He should be able to follow up his submission to golfnet for you too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 vipergrm

Thanks a lot for that sector. So it is simply a matter of handing in some cards from competitions on our own course? I was told differently. Thanks for that. I guess we'll have to start entering competitions then. Cheers!

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

You may not necessarily have to play in a competition to hand in cards...
    Basically the handicap sec can't pull a handicap out of the sky and assign it to you (though some might try). He has to know something of your ability.
    This is why you will be asked to play 3 rounds with a member (who already has an official handicap) and hand these cards in.

Now, to make things run smoothly, contact your handicap sec first and see if that's what he wants of if there are any other conditions. Assuming that's all there is to it, play the 3 rounds and stick your 3 cards together in an envelope and leave it for the attention of the handicap sec. You can also call/text him at this stage and let him know that your cards are there and that you are waiting (im)patiently.
    You will then get assigned a handicap and he will then contact you to let you know... then you can compete.

Thanks Licksy. Sorry I wasn't clear earlier. I handed in these cards last October and they were all signed by a member. They gave me an 18 handicap but it doesn't show on Golfnet. Cheers

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Does it show you as 18 on your club computer?
    If so then that's all that matters (because that is where your official handicap is maintained) and once you start to enter competitions golfnet will start showing updates. It should show your allocated handicap but golfnet can be a bit weird sometimes.
    If you're not on your club computer (or you're not sure) then give the handicap sec a quick call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭golfwallah

Your handicap needs to be set up on your club's competition system (e.g. Genesys). In most clubs this is totally separate from the timesheet system (e.g. BRS or Webgolf) and the system that issues your bill for annual subs (e.g. Golfsure).
    So many systems for recording member data puts a big overhead on clubs, particularly when they are run by volunteers, of whom the handicap / competition secretary is usually the busiest. Men's & Ladies clubs have separate handicap / competition secs., whose duties include keeping handicaps up to date on the computer system and ensuring all member competition data are uploaded regularly to Golfnet, who look after handicap records for the GUI and ILGU.
    Best thing to do is follow up with your club handicap / competition sec with a gentle reminder that you are still waiting patiently for your official handicap. Good luck!

Wow this is great guys. Thank you for the help! The handicap sec is the problem because every time I call he's never there. Guess I'll just have to call more often until he's there!

Advertisement