Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom NT1 Plus ISDN Boxes

Options
  • 08-04-2011 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Eircom NT1 Plus ISDN Boxes

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the model of Ericom NT1 plus box makes any difference? Or can any Eircom ISDN Plug and pray box be used as a termination point for an ISDN connection.

I have 2 different models, both Siemens Santis Communicators.

One is a S1608-K2001
    The other is a Santis-ab S1608-K1000

Anyone have any detail on these models?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

Long time since I worked with these and you need first to check how the ISDN line is provisioned, there are 2 options, point to point and point to multipoint.

Point to point is used normally for home installs for the Plug and Play Boxes. Works with ISDN modems plugged into the box.

Point to multipoint is used with the siemens NT1 boxes (excuse terminology if its wrong :o) mainly with telephone exhanges. DOES NOT work with ISDN modems plugged into the box.

Edit> Or is that the wrong way around..... goes off to check...... now checked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 swiri

Thanks for the response William. Thats some interesting information. I'm actually not sure if my ISDN lines are provisioned as multipoint or point to point. Must ask eircom.

Just to give a bit of background. I am currently trying to replace an eircom PBX with a 3rd party PBX. The ISDN lines work fine with the old PBX but not at all with the new one.

The lines become in active if I disconnect them all from the old PBX. I am wondering do eircom have something on their end that is preventing me from using a non-eircom PBX?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

So you need to check how your new PBX is set up, it will require PtP or PtMP and will not work with the wrong one. Most likely line is currently PtMP which is how you normally set it up for PBX but your replacement might be setup differently. Easiest test of the ISDN line is with a Draytec MiniVigor USB modem (or any ISDN TA you can get with driver software) if that will work and connect you its Point to Point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 musically challenged

If you are using the plug and play boxes with the analogue ports:
    plug a standard phone into port 1
    if you have dial tone the line is PMP, if not it is PP
    Most phone systems are PP by default
    if you can't find PP or PMP in your line setup on the phone system look for TEI - fixed or a number is PP, auto is PMP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 connafly

As per musically challeneged,the default is pp ,Have you the software for the pabx is it common make, you can change set on most systems,If you connect to pabx and ring line do you get ring tone,Lastly not being smart here but does the new system have an isdn bri card. 2 was it bought in ireland

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Should the pbx be TE mode for connecting to the isdn line? not that I know much about ISDN..

if anyone wants to buy a cheap 'TE mode' only 4 BRI pbx let me know..its gathering dust I needed NT mode for my application:(

• Registered Users Posts: 24 swiri

Hi all,

Thanks for all the replies. It turns out that the Eircom configuration was in fact Point-to-Point, once I got Eircom to change it to Point-to-Multipoint the issue was resolved.

Also I am using an OpenVox PCI ISDN Card which I use in TE Mode with no Impedance set (The NT1 Plus boxes have Impedance set to 100 Ohms each). The card can also be set to NT mode.

Thanks Again

Best Regards

Advertisement