Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Delivery Office Opening Times

Options
  • 24-03-2011 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Does anyone know what delivery offices opening hours are? I have to collect a packet at the James St office and under 'BUSINESS HOURS' on the slip they stick through your door is printed 'MONDAY - FRIDAY'. Oh how very informative, thank you An Post.

I work 9-5 out in Dun Laoghaire and live nowhere near James St. How do they expect people to collect things? I assume they are open 9-5 as well but i can't find out for sure on the An Post website. Can anyone tell me the exact times, just on the off chance i could make it there on time?

oh yeah and they also say that they'll send the parcel back to where it came from if i don't collect it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

neddington wrote: »
    Does anyone know what delivery offices opening hours are? I have to collect a packet at the James St office and under 'BUSINESS HOURS' on the slip they stick through your door is printed 'MONDAY - FRIDAY'. Oh how very informative, thank you An Post.

I work 9-5 out in Dun Laoghaire and live nowhere near James St. How do they expect people to collect things? I assume they are open 9-5 as well but i can't find out for sure on the An Post website. Can anyone tell me the exact times, just on the off chance i could make it there on time?

oh yeah and they also say that they'll send the parcel back to where it came from if i don't collect it.

Last time I got a note in the door, they said it was open from 7.30 to 6 I think. Most times I use the redeliver service, https://managingmail.anpost.ie/redelivery/, costs €3.00 and they will deliver the item to work or somehwere where is good for you.
    Normally takes 2-3 working days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 neddington

Great thank you! i'll try and get there for 7.30 but not sure if i'll manage to get up on time! thanks for the info and link. N =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Great thank you! i'll try and get there for 7.30 but not sure if i'll manage to get up on time! thanks for the info and link. N =)
    I got one of those slips in the door yesterday but the postman never even tried to deliver the small packet which is a vodafone sim card! the Carlow mail centre is open 8.15am-4.30pm Monday-Friday and there is no way to have the envelope delivered again without visiting the office lol

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

foggy_lad wrote: »
    I got one of those slips in the door yesterday but the postman never even tried to deliver the small packet which is a vodafone sim card! the Carlow mail centre is open 8.15am-4.30pm Monday-Friday and there is no way to have the envelope delivered again without visiting the office lol

Yes there is - every docket has a section where you can fill in a neighbours (or work or even a variation of your name) name and it will be sent to them.

I do find that most An Post places open up well before morning working hours and this is usually clearly stated on the docket (once you manage the variety of superscript symbols which denote the hours:) )

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Dublin City

The new format docket does have the opening hours printed - it's in smaller text than before and a little harder to find.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

you can nominate somebody else to pick it up for you if you cant make it there yourself.

Advertisement