Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunkiss Travel

Options
  • 28-02-2011 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Has anybody every done a working summer holiday with Sunkiss travel? They're website is really unclear and I rang them,they said prices have changed and its 100e deposit....asked them was a job guaranteed,just said they've loads of contacts. Asked were they registered and they said they dont have to because they dont book the flights but how do I know that when I go out there there will be accomodation for me? Anyone with any personal experience would be so helpful! Website is www.sunkisstravel.net

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I'm going to move this over to Travel to help you get a few more replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

One of the things I check for when assessing any company or organisation I've never heard of is proper use of grammar.

Their website is a mess. Spelling mistakes and rogue apostrophes abound along the infamous misuse of "they're, their and there" (forgivable for the OP, not for a business ;) ).

Another thing that strikes me is that you fork out money, they then tell you which are the cheapest flights to book. Why not cut out the middle man and just go to Skyscanner or a similar site and find them for yourself for free?

Next up. The pay. €40 a night for a barman? Eh... No. Not even with free drinks. Have you been registered to pay taxes while there? Do you have to pay social insurance? If you're on that money, I doubt it. It seems to me (and I'm open to correction) that <snip>. While they mention covering your hotel for a month and helping to arrange pub crawls, there isn't one mention of them helping sort out your tax!

By the looks of the pricing structure, you'd actually be better off if you were to book a package holiday and spend the time looking for work yourself while you're there, or better again, book a couple of cheapo flights and a few nights accommodation yourself and see how it works out. All going well, you can stay on and come home when you want. If it goes wrong, you have your return flight already.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement