Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Multi feed dish

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

No, they wont loosen. I got them from ebay, but the supplier stopped stocking them - Vortech Trading i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Did you need any bracing on the feedarm of the dish?

No, none at all, and I used twin lnbs on two of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

type-support-multi-satellite-tete-deconseill-_29eh

Does anyone on here know about these multi-brackets?

I found them on this site (http://forum.zonehd.net/viewtopic.php?id=2956). I think the reason there is an X through it is because the image above it has them centered differently and also at different heights.

Excollier - how do you centre your dishes that you set up using the multibracket and what size of dishes do you use? I take it these are saorsat/freesat installations you are installing? Any chance of a pic of some of your setups?

I take it that you don't centre on one satellite so as to maintain some type of counterbalance on each of the LNB's and using the larger dish gives you sufficient strength on the Saorsat to allow you to do this?

Here is my own dish - a Triax TD88 with lnbs (from r-l) 4.8e, 13e, 16e, 19.2e, 23.5e and 28.2e(quad).
    Also a 1.2m dish (with one of the brackets you mentioned above) with (r-l) 13e, 16e and 28.2e from a couple of years ago (when 16e was on reduced power.) It will be realigned to 9e next week for saorsat and 13e re-set and 28,2e removed to another dish nearby.
    Alignment depends entirely on the group of satellites required.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

. . . I think the reason there is an X through it is because the image above it has them centered differently and also at different heights.

The picture with the X through it is given there as an example of what not to use.

It would only work if the dish is aligned due south (highest point in the arc), or close to it. Any other alignment & you'd have to skew the whole dish to get the tilt on the bar, or modify the bar, or . . . you get the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭iba

type-support-multi-satellite-tete-deconseill-_29eh

I found them on this site (http://forum.zonehd.net/viewtopic.php?id=2956). I think the reason there is an X through it is because the image above it has them centered differently and also at different heights.

Excollier - how do you centre your dishes that you set up using the multibracket and what size of dishes do you use? I take it these are saorsat/freesat installations you are installing? Any chance of a pic of some of your setups?

I take it that you don't centre on one satellite so as to maintain some type of counterbalance on each of the LNB's and using the larger dish gives you sufficient strength on the Saorsat to allow you to do this?

Tell us which Sats you want to get and then we can tell you which one to center on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭sammyano

Hello guys, currently using a 80cm motorised in Dublin West but now looking towards getting an installer for a fixed dish using my other Triax 80cm dish. I am interested in getting 28, 23, 19 and 13. So do you think that it will work if I get Triax 4 LNB holder. Would I get maximum signals for all 4 sats using the 80cm dish?
    Thanks

If it's a TD88, then those sats will be a doddle, and strong too. I have (had) the same in Donegal with no reception problems whatever the weather. See post #106 above.

Thanks excollier, is the first pic on post#106 with the td88, for my mentioned sats, which will be the prime focus? I will now start looking for an installer to do the removal of motor and install the fixed dish

• Advertisement

Yeah, the first pic is the TD88. In that picture I was centered on 16e, but for your setup you will have to get 19.2e as close as you can to centre, which is how mine is now (down to 13, 19.2 and 28.2).
    Having said that if you centre on 16e with a normal lnb holder and then swap out for the Multiblock holder, it wil perform very well.

Ok thanks a lot. Will have to explain to the installer so he can get the best signal as possible. Could have tried this on my own if it didn't require a ladder :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

sammyano wrote: »
    Hello guys, currently using a 80cm motorised in Dublin West but now looking towards getting an installer for a fixed dish using my other Triax 80cm dish. I am interested in getting 28, 23, 19 and 13. So do you think that it will work if I get Triax 4 LNB holder. Would I get maximum signals for all 4 sats using the 89cm dish?
    Thanks

you might find it would be hard to get standard size lnbs to fit with correct spacing for 19 and 23 on an 80cm. You could use a slim size lnb to fit. Personally I would suggest a t88 or bigger.

Cheers snaps, excollier has recommended the td88 which am going to order as to get maximum signal for all 4 sats

Cheers snaps, excollier has recommended the td88 which am going to order as to get maximum signal for all 4 sats

Also turn the bracket upside down and drill a new hole in it

No need to drill a new hole, just flip the bar.

excollier wrote: »

Ok my mistake :'(

iba wrote: »
    Ok my mistake :'(
    The reason to drill a new hole is to re-centre the bar for an asymetric fitting - i.e. longer on one side to get a particular desired spread such as 9e KA Sat to 28.2e Astra 2 where 9e KA needs to be closer to the focus than 9e Ku would be.

excollier wrote: »

What do you mean by just flip the bar? Thought all that is required is to point to 19e and the rest 3 sats will fall into place. Please explain more
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Just flip the bar/lnb rail end over end so that the mount hole is on the bottom instead of the top, give more incline to the rail so that works properly.

Ok, but the prime Focus will be on 19 right? And the 28, 23 and 13 can be tweaked for maximum signal. I am going to use a quad LNB for 28, the a single for 23 and finally use my old mono block for the 19/13. Does that sound ok and doable
    Thanks

Difficult to get anything on the focus with a Triax rail, I was just lucky in that I squeezed 16e (slim lnb) between 13 and 19.2 without a holder.
    And you will need a diseqc switch to accomodate 4 lnbs, the mono-block already incorporates a switch, so how are you going to factor that one in?
    Take some time to read this thread, it'll help
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056197308

Cheers will read the tread, but can you explain abit about the monoblock LNB please, just wanted to use it in order to reduce expenses not that I have any technical reason :-)

Cheers will read the tread, but an explain abit about the monoblock LNB please, just wanted to use it in order to reduce expenses not that I have any technical reason :-)

a monoblock has a 2x1 diseqc switch built in. Which means a 2nd diseqc switch cannot be used. Also mono locks are not the best for a multi lnb set up as you can't adjust the spacing between the 2 built in lnbs.

Thanks snaps, I will then get extra LNB then, thought I could get away with it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

What do you mean by just flip the bar? Thought all that is required is to point to 19e and the rest 3 sats will fall into place. Please explain more
    Thanks

Your in for some fun.

Here you can see the tilt that reversing the bracket can do. If you re-drilled the bracket, it can improve the spread on one end (Its a TD88).

Must post up the photos of that new bracket with a zillion moving parts.

STB wrote: »
    Your in for some fun.

Here you can see the tilt that reversing the bracket can do. If you re-drilled the bracket, it can improve the spread on one end (Its a TD88).

Must post up the photos of that new bracket with a zillion moving parts.

Did you do a set-up with your new bracket? If so how is it, any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

iba wrote: »
    Did you do a set-up with your new bracket? If so how is it, any good?

No. Its not any good long term. Its not made for TD dishes. I had to anchor it off the middle lnb as the triax arm is just too wide to anchor it on..

But its a fantastic idea. Badly implemented with cheap light pierceable metal/alu.

But the individual elevation adjustment both vertical and sideways on lnb holders is great so you can really get signal max on each offset position.

In all fairness The Triax Dishes and their brackets are the best on the market for multi LNB set ups. Ive tried many other brands/options but Triax is far superior. I have a TD100 I am setting up as a fixed dish (To replace an old 80cm dual feed 13/19 dish) since i moved to Poland which will feed the bedrooms. No point me putting LNB on for 28 east as freesat is not available here. I have recently gone back to a motor, opting for a technomate metal geared diseqc motor with a 1.1m Gilbertini dish mounted on T & K brackets on a 1m 2" pole. Can't get 28 Uk beam, but have all the nordic beams on 1 west, 5 east and also Amos on 4 west. Everything also comes in on 42 east (East and west beams). I am in South Poland now, on Slovakian border.

Finally got my td88 setup today, however the Td multi lnb holder I bought was short and luckily the installer had a spear one with him. I thought all Triax multi feed were all same size? Anyways, am now up and running with my four Sats, 28e sky news in the region of 65% which the installer said its the best he can do. 23,19,13 all have very good signals

• Advertisement

Finally got my td88 setup today, however the Td multi lnb holder I bought was short and luckily the installer had a spear one with him. I thought all Triax multi feed were all same size? Anyways, am now up and running with my four Sats, 28e sky news in the region of 65% which the installer said its the best he can do. 23,19,13 all have very good signals

I thought that they were all teh same size too - bit strange that, where did you buy it?

What box are you using, 65% seems a bit low to me.

Have you got a clear pic of your dish/setup?

Advertisement