Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Snow event 14.2.2011

• 14-02-2011 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭

Heavy snow falling here for the last 20 mins, starting to settle. Anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

clear blue skies here in cork in Cork as per usual,although we get rain a lot but no snow:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Where's here? Sorry but use a mobile so dont see all your details

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

He's in Abbeyfeale co Limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Seems to have missed here by literally just a few miles, theres a big blob over Derry, Antrim and Inishowen this morning. Cant say I'm too disappointed

41913246.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Pangea

True Harps, when theres no prospect of snowing lieing around for a few days Im not too fussed about it. If it starts to snow nice, but if not I wont be heartbroken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

just cold in Dublin City Center at the moment !!

(no snow or rain)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

Snowing heavy in south kerry but unfortunately too wet to stick

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

Mixed bag of hail/sleet and very wet snow here in Ballincollig in Cork. The temp dropped from 7c to 3c when it started (this reading from a car thermometer). There must be some cold air up there somewhere, if we had a cold bottom layer there would be plenty of snow. But there isn't......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Speak Now

All about the dew points today!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Flan_Da_Man125

heavy batch of sleet and hail and some wet snow for last half hour here and its sticking :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

enjoy your snow people! :) I am jealous of course, but holding out for some before february ends :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

147940.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A workman just told me there is snow in Bantry, Cork just a few miles away and our farmer-landlord is predicting it for here... Interesting clouds too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

PICTURES PEOPLE PLEASE!!! :D:D:D ... I sure wont be seeing anything here in dublin... 5 o C :(

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭srocliffe

Iancar29 wrote: »
    PICTURES PEOPLE PLEASE!!! :D:D:D ... I sure wont be seeing anything here in dublin... 5 o C :(

It's 5 and 6C where snow is being reported also, but the dew points are 0C or below.

Dublin Airport is 6C but dew point -1C, however doesn't look like a whole lot of precipitation on the radar for Dublin, but if there was, wet snow / sleet / hail would be a possibility

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

Iancar29 wrote: »

Well I can post of picture of the green fields and sun :) There are some more dark clouds coming in, but just sleet/hail in there I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Just caught the edge of a sleet/wet snow shower. The heavier stuff is just south of me as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

was a shower of sleet here earlier in south tipp , turned to snow , few snow showers on an off now......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Had some sleet and hail a few minutes ago, not pushed about light snow that melts instantly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I was in Kilkenny city where there was heavy sleet falling, as I drove home it was still sleeting, as I went up my hill it was snowing.
    It stuck to the roof, but not much and now clearing - the shower that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,267 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I'm thinking that it may snow for several hours tomorrow morning as the front pushes north, the advance of milder air is rather sluggish and the precip will be spreading in after the coldest hours of the overnight when some clearing will take place. But this may be very hit or miss also, winds come around almost to due east late tonight and through the morning, if we had just slightly better "uppers" this could be quite a snowstorm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

I'm thinking that it may snow for several hours tomorrow morning as the front pushes north, the advance of milder air is rather sluggish and the precip will be spreading in after the coldest hours of the overnight when some clearing will take place. But this may be very hit or miss also, winds come around almost to due east late tonight and through the morning, if we had just slightly better "uppers" this could be quite a snowstorm.

Dont be teasing us wit that last sentence of urs MT! ... :(
    Its been a lovely sunny day here in Dublin... Would be shocked to see any sort of snow! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

bring it on:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

No! Go away! Beautiful day in town today, bring on the summer! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Parents reported snow a few hours ago back in south Tipp, just a few rain showers here in Cork though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,533 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Yes, when are we going to catch break MT. It seems to me everyone who wants snow has obviously been slacking off on the snow dancing:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,267 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Well I think precip is almost a certainty tomorrow, the question will be about where and when this could fall as either sleet or snow. Dublin would not be first choice for snow mainly because of the stronger wind flow off the Irish Sea, although higher parts of the city could see mixing. This may be more for the central and inland western counties which will have colder temperatures at the start of the event. Could see a few places getting a heavy fall too, but for most it would be transitional, snow to sleet to rain.

Would stress this is speculative, I have not updated forecast which already mentions some chance of mixing. Looks like the sort of situation you want to call after 00z upper data become available. But what has me suspicious is how cold it has stayed all day in the south, and the shape of the frontal system which is already quite occluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Flan_Da_Man125

yes temps in the south...well at least where i am didnt pass beyond 5c all day.
    showers of hail/sleet/wet snow brought temps temporarily back to 2 or 3c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Darwin

Went for a walk around 5pm this evening and it was bitter out despite the sun.
    Is the precip arriving from the south west later?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

Darwin wrote: »
    Went for a walk around 5pm this evening and it was bitter out despite the sun.
    Is the precip arriving from the south west later?

looks like it arrives around 3 4 maybe 5am , when temps are cooooold :)

link... click on nedbor .

http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/vejrkort.htm

Advertisement