Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-09-2010, 10:01   #1

Chinese air pellets.

Got this email today.

Quote:
Dear Sirs,

It is almost 1month since the conclusion of the ISSF World Championship, Munich. During which we have received many testing
feedbacks and orders. Thank you very much for your attention and support to Qiang Yuan Airgun Pellets, no matter in the booth or later.

According to the official statistics by ISSF, in this WCH, Chinese 10m air rifle shooter Ms. YI Siling has won Gold with the superb new world record of 505.6 points with Qiang Yuan Airgun Pellets (Excellent Grade). It’s really something of joy and honor.

We have been specialized in high-precision airgun pellets manufacturing for years, and entirely owns proprietary intellectual
property rights. Our products have been widely used by Chinese National Shooting Team (Head coach: Mr. Wang Yifu) and some famous foreign shooters as the first choice in various top competitions. In 2004 & 2008 Olympic Games, shooters like Du Li, Zhu Qinan, Bindra Abhinav, Pang Wei, Guo Wenjun, etc. all won Gold Medals with Qiang Yuan air pellets.

Sport is borderless. In this championship, it is Qiang Yuan’s first public presentation in international market. Our vision is to supply
and share top quality pellets to/with more talented shooters. If you are satisfied with the testing result and interested in shooting or distributing our pellets, please do not hesitate to email us via intl@qiang-yuan.com

Enclosed shown our product catalog and price list. Thank you for taking time to read this letter.

Best regards from China,

Fu Jie

Vice General Manager

Zhuhai Qiang Yuan Sports Goods co., Ltd
They're very nicely packaged in a box of 200, properly laid out.

No idea on shipping from China, but if you're buying in tens of thousands...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf product catalog and price list.pdf (1.18 MB, 997 views)
Advertisement
11-09-2010, 12:09   #2
demonloop

These were supposed to be going to take over the world a while ago, but sort of drifted out of the limelight again for whatever reason.

Still getting a following from the Far Eastern shooters AFAIK

I noticed Pyramid Air in the States recently stopped selling them.
11-09-2010, 15:58   #3
tac foley

Stopped selling them in the USA, eh?

That'll prolly be because they contain too much lead... ;=)

tac
12-09-2010, 18:55   #4
demonloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by tac foley View Post
Stopped selling them in the USA, eh?

That'll prolly be because they contain too much lead... ;=)

tac
Probably yeah
12-09-2010, 19:33   #5
Sparks

They certainly have a good pedigree, so I doubt they're crap; but to be entirely honest, there are maybe four air rifle shooters in the country right now (and I'm not one of them) who could benefit from batch tested ammo; and the rest really should (and I've said this repeatedly on and off the range) just buy tins of the highest quality stuff they can get their hands on (H&N Finale Match, RWS R10, that sort of thing) and shoot it. The most expensive pellets go for around €12/500 these days, so it's not really worth trying to save money on them, not when you're standing there in a few hundred euros worth of kit and holding a few hundred euros worth of rifle trying to shoot straight - last thing you need is to save a cent on a dodgy diablo pellet that decides to go wallop a five when you're pointed to the ten ring.

And then, once you hit around 540-550 in competition, worry about the diameter on the sticker on the bottom of the tin. Anything from 4.47 up to 4.53 is available, and some suit some rifles better than others (eg. mine likes 4.49, but the old DURC rifles preferred 4.51 or even 4.52). Figure out which ones, then buy 5,000 of them and don't think about it any more until you've shot them all.

And when you start winning competitions outright, think about getting some batch-tested pellets. Then buy 20,000 of them and forget about it until you've shot them all.

Thing is, if you focus on the small niggly details, you might gain one, maybe even two points by doing so. But if you train harder, you could pick up 40-50 points. So you put your effort in where it counts the most...
Advertisement
23-09-2010, 20:59   #6
demonloop

Sorry to drag this back to the top, but after (several) months of waiting on samples I had requested, these guys have now sent me more than I asked for

I had asked for domed pellet samples to get the UK FT shooters to try, they have sent me the Match flatheads (their 'Excellent' quality) as well.

We don't have very many AR shooters up here - anyone 'down there' have any way to test these out under a controlled condition, off a bench or whatever?
23-09-2010, 21:22   #7
tac foley

Well, sir - I shoot Olympic stand-up style air-rifle, but I'm not that good at it I have to admit. I also shoot 10m and 20 yard air pistol, too.

Sadly, I also live in eastern UK, so I'm not what you are looking for.

Add to that that pellets are not simply 4.5mm, but 4.47 - 8, 9, 50, 51, 52 and 53, and therefore weigh differently, and you might have a problem finding somebody who shoots the samples that you have to offer.

However, if you think that I might be able to help you, please PM me.

tac
23-09-2010, 21:52   #8
demonloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by tac foley View Post
Well, sir - I shoot Olympic stand-up style air-rifle, but I'm not that good at it I have to admit. I also shoot 10m and 20 yard air pistol, too.

Sadly, I also live in eastern UK, so I'm not what you are looking for.

Add to that that pellets are not simply 4.5mm, but 4.47 - 8, 9, 50, 51, 52 and 53, and therefore weigh differently, and you might have a problem finding somebody who shoots the samples that you have to offer.

However, if you think that I might be able to help you, please PM me.

tac
Think I got 4.52, but if I need you I'll drop you a PM
23-09-2010, 22:05   #9
tac foley

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
Think I got 4.52, but if I need you I'll drop you a PM
Ah. No use to me at all, so. Both my air rifle [Feinwerkbau P70] and pistol [Steyr LP10] shoot 4.50.

I'm not going to drill the barrels out for the sake of a few pellets, I'm sure you understand. ;=)

tac
Advertisement
23-09-2010, 22:17   #10
IRLConor
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
We don't have very many AR shooters up here - anyone 'down there' have any way to test these out under a controlled condition, off a bench or whatever?
I'm sure DURC would be happy to run them through a selection of airguns. The club has a selection of Feinwerkbau & Anschutz air rifles, both hand crank and pre-compressed so a useful test might be doable. I think It wasn't me! is the only current DURC committee member who posts here, so perhaps he could check if something could be set up.

If not, WTSC in Wilkinstown would be your next best bet I'd say. It's a bit closer to you. Sparks would be the first point of contact here for them I'd think.

If neither of those work out, you could try UCD. They have Megalinks, which might be a plus. I don't know any of the current crowd there though. convert could introduce you though.
23-09-2010, 22:24   #11
It wasn't me!

If you want DURC to run them through a selection of our rifles (no test bench - but from the shoulder) we'd be happy to help out. Just need to figure out what's necessary to get hold of them.
23-09-2010, 23:17   #12
LCrawford

I was given a few 200 Pellet boxes in Munich. I shared them out when I returned but haven't heard any feedback since. The boxes are well set up with the pellets in foam. 600 of them went to WTSC.
24-09-2010, 09:49   #13
demonloop

Cheers guys, I'll get in touch when I get them sorted out
24-09-2010, 22:30   #14
psf32

I have tried the pellets out in my walther and found them to be as good as my H & N and have given me some nice groups now I am back in training to the extent I put in a new 40 shot PB tonight of 395
Thanks from:
24-09-2010, 22:46   #15
It wasn't me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psf32 View Post
I have tried the pellets out in my walther and found them to be as good as my H & N and have given me some nice groups now I am back in training to the extent I put in a new 40 shot PB tonight of 395
Great news Peter. Onwards and upwards. Munich seems to have done you a world of good judging by that!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion