Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno XII - 4/9/10

Options
  • 25-08-2010 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭

It's time for Inferno 12!

Inferno slinks back to XGC following our more for Inferno 11. The last tournament went well but it's time for regrouping and organising in order to get us out there for the future.

There is a €5 entry fee, with the tournament costing €10 to enter. So €15 total for one hell of a day. Ramza has a free pass to the tournament which he won in the SFIE writing competition.

The tournament will kick off at 13:00. We will be open from 11:00 for sign-ups and casuals.

Current Seedings :
    1) Cobelcog
    2) Bush
    3) AnimaX
    4) Gory snake
    5) Kirby
    6) Blag
    7) Azza
    8) Doctor Doom
    9) D4RK Onion
    10) Liquidswords
    11) The Hound
    12) New type
    13) Ken B
    14) Placebo
    15) Redman350
    16) Chunkis

Please note that following this tournament the seedings list will begin to decay.

I do believe this covers everything. Rules to follow.

Get Hype?

Will you be there? 30 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 30 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Tournament Rules and Format.

Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.
    Seeding will not be performed for the first Super Street fighter 4 Tournament.

Format is as follows, a seeded group stage followed by a double elimination stage. Each match in the group stage will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds. The third game of a match in the group stages will only be played in the event of a tie after the second set. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.

After the group stage is over a draw will take place to determine the first round upper bracket matches of the double elimination stage. Winners of a group will be randomly drawn against the runner ups of other groups. The first round of the lower bracket will also be a random draw from the players who lost in the first round of the upper brackets.

Each match in the double elimination stage will be best of 3 games and each game is best of 3 rounds.

Should we get 64 attendants, the tournament will be run with pools rather than groups. The pools would be 16 man double elims with the top 4 of each pool going through to the top 16. It would be first come first served with the last couple of people having to play in a play-off group(s) to get into pools.

People who arrive after the tournament starts are not guaranteed a place in the tournament but we will try to accommodate them if possible.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set.

4. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

5. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

6. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

7. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed.

7. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

8. No white track suits please.

Is one o'clock okay for people travelling? Finishing at 6 was quite good last time so I'm aiming for that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

AM IN THE TOP 16 PLAYERS IN IRELAND!!!

OHHH MY DAYS!!!

SICK!

yeah 1 o clock is fine.

Orim wrote: »

8. No white track suits please.

Just remember the rules Chunkis and you'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

9. No banana breaks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

do you check this dan?
    anyway i shall not be there, enjoy giving your money to chris.

Terry got there first. He wanted a bananna break between every round but I have allowed him one.

Placebo wrote: »
    do you check this dan?
    anyway i shall not be there, enjoy giving your money to chris.

We do our best to keep an eye on it but realistically we're working off the honour system.

Also this is AnimaXs tournament. He's on for a nice 3 - 2 - 1.
    Also Cobelcog will get knocked out in his group as it's going to be based on DOB.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Please note that following this tournament the seedings list will begin to decay.

Wut?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Can we make this an alcoholic event so that underagers are banned?!

Looking forward to this again. We should still be able to manage a spectator setup in xgc on the end machines.
    GorySnake wrote: »
    Wut?

Seedings are only based on the last 3 tournaments.

• Advertisement

Is that normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

GorySnake wrote: »
    Is that normal?

It means the seed list will actively reflect the current active players.

Oh ok.

Most likely able to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Yeah, I should be able to go. My Juri has leveled up a lot since I was last at Inferno but I'll be content with actually winning a match in the group stages, anything else is a bonus for me.

I'll also have to find a way to sleep properly the night before, I was the guy who feel asleep at Inferno X from a combination of the heat and tiredness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I'll also have to find a way to sleep properly the night before, I was the guy who feel asleep at Inferno X from a combination of the heat and tiredness.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I was the guy who feel asleep at Inferno X from a combination of the heat and tiredness.

n6qc11.jpg

You were this guy?

776-toiletsleep.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

animaX wrote: »
    You were this guy?

776-toiletsleep.jpg

Heh, I knew I'd be opening a can of worms when I said that. :rolleyes:

I was just sleeping on one of the chairs while you lot were watching the finals.

actually we were watching you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

actually I was watching you

Fixed for ya :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I'm down for this.

Scrubalicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Is one o'clock okay for people travelling? Finishing at 6 was quite good last time so I'm aiming for that again.

Yeah that's cool.

Inferno is next week isnt it? Crap, will have to try and get in on Wednesday next week for some practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I have something important on that day so I can't come. Awful timing. :mad: Was looking forward to it aswell.

how many we missing now 4?

We're missing enough that your cammy might actually do well ;)

erm i wont be there, im going spain tonight for the week

Yeah, so far numbers are looking pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Dwydwy

Sorry, im new just wanted to know where is it? loool

• Advertisement

It's in Xtreme Gaming Cafe. That's on Liffey Street in Dublin.

Here's a map : http://bit.ly/cLf7nh

I can add any directions or other places if you need me to. Hope you can make it.

Advertisement