Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why put the Lady in The End of Time?

Options
  • 10-08-2010 10:50pm

Why is the Lady who guides Wilf through the End of Time there? It makes absolutely no sense to have her there. We have already seen that Moffat has a massive arc in mind for his series' so is it possible that he asked RTD to put her in the finale to set up her character for his own plot intentions in the same way that he put in the scene with the lady retrieving the ring when the Master died or regenerating the Doctor's Daughter?

Will she have some role to play in the next series? My girlfriend, who I recently managed to get hooked on Who, came up with this one and it's been bugging me so I thought I'd share.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

since she ended up back in the time lock as gallifrey burnt along with Rassilon and The Master and the rest of them i dont think she will be back.

according to RTD's The Writer's Guide Updated book
    she was the doctors mother

you could argue that she was superfluous anyway, we didnt need her to do anything to Wilf, as an ex serviceman he could have simply grabbed his gun anyway, nor influence the doctors decision (he never needed her before to blow up the many many evil villains machines he faced in the past, did he?)

yeah, eight months on and i am still giving out about RTD. Hell, I still give out about JNT and he's dead almost 10 years.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 dancingmonkey08

I dont get most of the plot for the End of Time. I thought it was just absolute proof that RTD had to leave because his final episode was a mess. I loved all the Doctor/Master/Time Lord stuff and the regeneration scene is beautfiul but all the Wilf/Donna/the Woman stuff seemed to be extra padding that the episode didnt need. It would have made sense if the Master had to use Donna's dormant Time Lord mind in his plan some way which led to the Master kidnapping her and the Doctor and Wilf had to go and save her or something.

I didnt understand what Wilf's role in the story was apart from being a person for the Doctor to emotionally confide in about the recent events on Mars.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I do kind of hope Moffat uses the Woman though.

White Guardian ftw.

Advertisement